NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

We are busy right now so that will be up soon. THe website is overloaded due to high interests.

1 Like

Yea, no it does not allow me to register. (for an hour and half or so)

Due to website overload from high interests the crowdsale has been delayed by another 12 hours to upgrade our server.

Also there has to be some reason why it never worked (registering) for me. (no ad block, clean chrome browser and no work on firefox either)

I have tried ever since the register page came up

Thatā€™s because of server overload . Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Umm I have tried from way before overload.

The moment the crowdsale started we were at 100% cpu.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve already sent funds - what will happen those coins??

That means there must be some decent demand for the project. I too tried registering and it loaded and loaded and figured there werenā€™t enough resources to serve up however many requests were coming in. Something that would only make a site faster on the Safe Network (cough cough). Glad you decided to integrate Safe into your exchange :slight_smile: looking forward to registering tomorrow

2 Likes

They will still be there when the crowdsale is available.

Phew - thanks! Good luck with the project and crowdsale.

1 Like

Iā€™m planning to. So far nobody has successfully created a decentralised exchange that people want to use due to them being too complex from the user perspective.

Any decentralised exchange that manages to offer a good user experience & solid performance should be a big winner, so Iā€™ll be investigating a little bit in any decent looking project that attempts it.

I also want to support anyone building the future Safe ecosystem, and a decentralised exchange will be very positive for the safe network.

4 Likes

I have some questionsā€¦

My understanding is that the NVOT will be distributed to the participants of the crowdsale according to the proportion they sent of the total amount raised. I canā€™t see any incentives for getting in early.

I also want to ask about the following statement from the NVO website:

Price of currencies contributed will also be counted at the end

What does this mean? Conversions will be calculated according only to the rates as they are at the end of the crowdsale? This seems unorthodox, and hugely increases incentives to wait until the very end before participating.

Do I have the details correct?

@tonbi - I really like the look of what youā€™re doing here and would like to know if my understanding of the crowdsale conditions is correct.

One more thing Iā€™ve been wondering about is the fees. How was the amount of 0.2% per trade determined? Could the same system be implemented by someone but without fees? How are the 50% which donā€™t go to NVOS used? Do any of them go towards market making / liquidity?

Iā€™m not complaining - this is a great service by the looks of it. I just want to understand more thoroughly.

Thanks in advance to whoever can give me more information!

6 Likes

Exodus + shapeshift is not successful, what?

2 Likes

Shapeshift is very successful, but:

• itā€™s not fully decentralised in that it relies on ShapeShiftā€™s servers (not a massive deal as they donā€™t hold funds, though a big deal if they go offline & you want to trade) and;
  • Itā€™s not a fully featured exchange with trading interface, order books etc (like Poloniex, OpenLedger, Bittrex etc)

For basic asset to asset transfers thought, youā€™re right that ShapeShift (with / without Exodus / Jaxx) does a good job & is almost as good as decentralised.

Exodus really does look great. I hope they implement additional security measures soon so that it can be safely used to store significant quantities of crypto assets (currently no 2FA or offline signing).

2 Likes

I sent a smaller amount of funds to start but am curious if it will show up on my page?
I registered,
confirmed through email,
registered a personal bitcoin address,
sent bitcoin to the multi-sig address

The funds I sent have 5 confirmations so far but I havenā€™t seen anything new on my page.

If you are on the ICO page it doesnā€™t automatically update, you need to refresh. I sent some last night and it did go through.

1 Like

@upstate I refreshed a couple times but does it show what you contributed?

I see my contribution when I run the Bitcoin address I sent to, but Iā€™m unable to log into the page to check what it shows on their interface. I do think the addresses listed only show the overall balance sent to each address.

What type of coin did you send?

1 Like

Iā€™ve registered to the crowdsale, link my personal bitcoin address and send a small amount.

How are they supposed to know that I sent the bitcoin and how will they send me the nvo coin?

probably a stupid question but iā€™m curious