NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

how do i get an invite to the slack team to get my nvot

nvoinvite.herokuapp.com

http://nvo.party/faq/

FAQ by radiumsoup on slack

2 Likes

As we are the 9th, we won’t be able to take anymore support regarding the tokens, the users who contacted us will be processed.

No more support registration.

From now on, we will process people who have been registered during the past days and prepare the appointments for thows who require a call support.

In the whitepaper, it says that NVOT will be distributed after the crowdsale, but I received something called NVST. Is this the same thing as NVOT? Why the change in name? What happened?

NVST is the new name. Your’re good. Maybe @nemgun can explain more. There is some scammer out there selling NVOT:s. Don’t buy these!

3 Likes

Thanks for the warning Sascha. Good to know this.

2 Likes

@Sascha is right.

@nikou gave us link a few posts up to an unofficial NVO FAQ, and I found something relevant to your question.

Question number 3 of the FAQs explains briefly what happened: What’s the difference between NVST and NVOT, or NVSX and NVOS?

edit:
This is what it says:

A cybersquatter read the NVO whitepaper and secured the Counterparty tokens named NVOT and NVOS with the apparent intent to defraud NVO, before the NVO team had a chance to issue the tokens. The cybersquatter then demanded almost $2 million USD for the rights to use the token names, but the NVO team refused to pay, and instead issued new tokens in the name of NVST and NVSX, respecively. Wherever the original whitepaper mentions NVOT, substitute NVST, and wherever it mentions NVOS, substitute NVSX.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

@Tombi I don’t think this is a question of when you start development of your software but rather a marketing question of when you announce your launch relative to when you start developing anticipation of said launch. If you develop a community over time and slowly release updates over time, thus building anticipation of a launch, then once the launch or crowdsale occurs there will be a larger crowd to fund it or buy the product. This is why I think those interested in crowdfunding need to develop communities BEFORE they crowdfund. And it’s also why posting on the maidsafe forums and integrating maidsafe was a good move for NVO since it taps into a large established community here. However one doesn’t need to announce development publicly in order to DO development. Conversely one can build a community centered around decentralization and decentralized exchanges for quite some time before one announces a product like NVO. I think the issue here is not that NVO shouldn’t start development asap but rather that it could have benefited from doing some prep work and community building before hand. Just something to remember for next time. :smile:

Don’t worry we already got the funds. Let’s start delivering the results.

2 Likes

Hi I have a question so I invested in the crowd sale and for the first deposit I used blockchain I didn’t really go through it all I liked the idea and invested right away … for my second deposit I used counter wallet and received my nvsot but never received anything in blockchain can I get help with this thank you would be greatly appreciated thanks also when will the exchange app be up and working thank you

Just seen this project, why in the world did anyone give these guys 7 million dollas?! after watching those videos it feels like a Ruski scam!

Because we all want a decentralized exchange to buy and sell safecoin on. And if you have security concerns perhaps you’d share them instead of making wild exaggerations.

5 Likes

Giving a subjective opinion like that with no other information reflects worse on you than the target you attack.

I remember someone writing something similar after the Eth crowdsale about that crazy-eyed russian man-child, Vitalik.

Personal feelings and first-impressions are generally very poor foundations for public criticism.

EDIT: How wrong I was!!! I take it back @whoelse lol, you were right

/hangs head in shame

5 Likes

Hey, i’m sorry to ask this here on a public forum but I have sent several emails to the NVO “help” team (four now over a period of one month) and was wondering whether there was something wrong as I have yet to receive an answer. Is the email provided on the website not correct?

Many thanks and good luck with this new venture project!

Hello, we have registered most of the support demands, you can join on slack and contact @marto, you will have a direct support from him.

Slack : http://nvoinvite.herokuapp.com/

3 Likes

Hey guys, maybe you are interested in some image updates about the NVO project :

25 Likes

Your guys’ UI looks amazing! Hope the back end can match it :wink:

11 Likes

Yeah that is pretty. Clean and clear. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than bitsquare :wink:

As NIgel says, hope it works!

11 Likes