NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

You are totally right, but i think it is better to give a chance to the community first, as the objective is to setup a team who wants to work in NVO, not people subjugated by their experience.
For example i could have checked with greenhouse, but i think it is better to respect the origine of the project, decentralization. Everyone should be welcomed to apply, as long as they pass the qualifications.
I would like to keep your contacts by PM if possible, i had a lot of interest for omputer engineering and industrial electrical engineering.

1 Like

NVO has a ā€œsounds great ideaā€ and sustainable business model in my opinion. And the ico seems securing enough funding as of today. Most importantly, Alex (Alexander Alexandrov) is on board as the advisor who is also the CEO of Coinpayments that NVO partners with. That means the 200,000 Coinpayments clients could be the potential customers using NVO exchange. Now, the success of this project is totally on the development team whether they are capable of executing and delivering for each milestone and on schedule. That is why the recruitment of the right people on board is so critical at this moment. One more option is that Alex maybe a good resource to refer someone he knows from his network to fit onto your team. Please do not treat it lightly and prove to those who are wrongly opposed to your teamā€™s competence.

I agree with Yanniā€™s video clip #3 ā€œA project of this caliber would have more people working on the infrasturcure?ā€ The answer is not necessary. From my personal experience, some critical project only needs a few people on board who are all able to contribute and capable of making things happen no matter what. The 20/80 principle also applies here. That means only 20% of the people (even less) contribute more than 80% of peopleā€™s work in the organization. I agree the real org and staff can come later. But I think you do need to recruit some talented people on board based on the complexity of this project. IMO, NVOā€™s project different from SafeNet is that SafeNet is building the infrastructure which quality is very important. So SafeNet taking a longer time to deliver seems still ok (but it still taking too long). NVOā€™s project is a wrapper/modules to the platform. That means the time-to-market is very important. The qualification (based on the resume), determination and hard-working are all essential, but that is not good enough. What I mean is that qualified is not equal to capable. Determined in your mind and hard-working does not mean you can deliver. Recruit the right ones and build a good team and deliver as promised. So the success of NVO is now the people, people and still the people in the team.

Did you heard about 0x project on Ethereum blockchain? What is difference between 0x and Nvo?

1 Like

Itā€™s a protocol, we are a platform, and they only support erc20 tokens. They are likely to raise at least 50 times more than NVO for their protocol using ETH.

2 Likes

Was Safex legit or a scam? - similar scenario to my mind. Iā€™d say yet another very questionable pitch for Safe community cash once again on this forum. Personally, I donā€™t think thereā€™s any need whatsoever for any more decentralised exchanges. The fact that the plethora of existing ones are not working out to be as popular as expected, with little revenue from transactions - seems like a poor ROI to me.
Most people are more comfortable with centralised exchanges nowadays, as they seem to have got their act together a lot better I think.
I admit Iā€™m tempted by the promises of excellent security, by way of ā€œSuper Dooperā€ wallets and I know I can sleep soundly at night, safe in the knowledge that ā€œescrows are trusted third parties coming from the bticointalk forumā€ā€¦ lolā€¦who are ā€œresponcible (sic) for the funds management.ā€.How responsible do these people sound, who literally canā€™t even spell the wordā€¦ :smile:
However, if you have any concerns about this aspectā€¦donā€™t worryā€¦you are fully protectedā€¦
.ā€œAlso a positive is that projects that fail, you can usually write off as a loss on your tax bill be cheaper, It is a protection for the participantsā€ā€¦
Anyway, to cut to the chase, the offer to the Community here is:
Give us your money and weā€™ll build yet another de-centralised exchange which may be hosted on Safenet or not (see question 2 of the 10)
The implied.ultimatum given to Maidsafe and the Community is that they have up to 10 months to create a working Network that meets NVOā€™s requirements - otherwise they will build on top of something elseā€¦now where have I heard all this beforeā€¦oh yeahā€¦I rememberā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you AL_Kafir, beautiful.

I had another concern, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s valid. I once worked for an builder on wages. The builder had around 5 or 6 carpenters, builders, and apprentices even. We were working on a major house build and renovation. Next came Christmas, which had a week or so holiday break. What did the builder do? He fired everybody with no owing holiday pay. Not sure about everyone else, but I know I was on wages. Even the builder had to spend time with his family over this period to some extent. Post this, what did the builder do? He rang the people he sacked and offered for them to come back to work; some did, some didnā€™t.

How does this relate to NWOā€™s ICO. Well, Iā€™m just thinking of the what if scenarios and wondering if what Iā€™m thinking might fully or proportionately happen. If the NVO did get off the ground and was successful. What if someone came up with the great idea to sell, firstly could they sell? In selling would they have to transfer the payments of the stakeholders along with the NVO company? Could it be sold, or reset up to be sold to the same owners, but who had set up the same company via hidden shelf companies or offshore, companies in a tax haven? What if the people running the NVO made it to appear that the Company is broke, to re-sell?

Now Iā€™m not sure how Crypto companies work, but Iā€™ve seen that thereā€™s a lot of the wild, wild west with these cryptoā€™s, so I might be wrong (or right) in suggesting this, of being cautious, of just throwing it out there, to even triggers of other scenarios of something of a similar nature? Itā€™s easy to rush on in with the fever of crypto currencies. Still, Al_Kafir has brought up certain factors that I never new about and will have to research. Of course there have been people that have taken a gamble and have gotten lucky, but beyond this Iā€™m sure that there are intelligent minds out there that know how the top business world operates and can work all this out better than I can; people with experience and knowledge. Iā€™m sure that there are very intelligent and rich people playing with crypto world and laughing to the bank; laughing off of dumb money especially.

Who knows, this NVO ICO might pay well. Iā€™ll be looking at What Al_Kafir has said and researching this, but it donā€™t look good for me putting in money on this ICO, especially as Iā€™m thinking that I can try to trade with this money to make more money in the mean time. Thereā€™s also the prospect of some cryptoā€™s now offering residual incomes dependent upon how many cryptoā€™s you have purchased in reaching these levels.

Now let me look at Safex.

2 Likes

Comparing NVO to Safex is the same as comparing NVO to every other project out there. We really have nothing in common. Might as well compare NVO to silk road.

Bitfinex hack was just around 1-2 years ago. If you are comfortable with centralized exchanges then you probably havenā€™t tried exchanging with high volume yet.

We answered that question please check the video. If you have problems with that answer no other answer will satisfy you.

N.B. SAFEX has nothing to do with maidsafe or the safenetwork. It uses its own blockchain (Chilli blockchainor something I think itā€™s called) and is a decentralised marketplace competing with openbazaa etc (nothing like NVO really), rather than just a currency exchange. It raised about $50k at the ICO on this forum and flipped from being a safenetwork project to blockchain after a few months of impatience that SAFE hadnā€™t launched. The flip of that project is part of the reason the community is often sceptical and cynical now with new projects. Once burned, twice shy and all that :wink:

5 Likes

I was clearly comparing the pitch made to the Community, not the projects themselves. You are creating a straw man to argue against.[quote=ā€œtonbi, post:689, topic:13608ā€]
Bitfinex hack was just around 1-2 years ago
[/quote]

Like I said, they seem to have got their act together since then.[quote=ā€œtonbi, post:689, topic:13608ā€]
If you are comfortable with centralized exchanges
[/quote]

Iā€™m not particularly, I said "most people.[quote=ā€œtonbi, post:689, topic:13608ā€]
If you have problems with that answer no other answer will satisfy you.
[/quote]

I explained the problems I have and if you cannot satisfy me, then probably you wonā€™t satisfy others either. A rather terse and empty response I think.

1 Like

Itā€™s important to recognize the risks. We try to have control over aspects of the project to limit risk factors like the safenetwork question. Some risk factors even we canā€™t control like the whale in our crowdsale that bought more than 20% of the tokens.

Thank you Jabba for your input.

I went back and had a look at the info relating to the NVO ICO funds being held by escrows - ā€œescrows are trusted third party parties coming from the btcointalk forumā€. I assume that this is the Bitcoin escrow Services listed on this web page: Bitcoin Escrow Service - Securely Buy & Sell Bitcoin - +Bitcoin
I wouldnā€™t know how powerful the policing powers of this organisation is, what itā€™s track record is, but it sounds like they will keep the money in hold until all transactions are fulfilled. Obviously, there continue to be organisations, government inclusive, that are corruptible/corrupt. Have there been any issues with this organisation? On face value it sound decent, better than nothing.

Looking at Al_Kafirā€™s recommendation to look at Yani Braguiā€™s answering of Question 2 of 10 and Yani seems confident that things should get through smoothly. What info he has in relation to what has transpired since SAFEXā€™s issues, I certainly donā€™t know.

Well, my example as per the builder story I gave, seems to fit somewhat in relation to what Jabba has revealed regarding Safe Exchange (SAFEX) i.e. a change of course. Trying to search for a history of safex looks like a mammoth task i.e. lots of issues. The end factor of this is, did people lose money with this change of course with SAFEX going from a safenetwork project to blockchain?

1 Like

Nobody needed to lose money on SAFEX because if they held I think on current prices they are holding a large profit. The reasons for dissatisfaction were disappointment in that the project pivoted, but magnified several times by the way it was done.

The main reason I think for community animosity towards SAFEX is that the lead dev/founder turned from a massive fan of SAFEnetwork, and a respected and trusted community member, into a critic of both the project and the MaidSafe team (including calling it a scam IIRC). He also took the domain that he registered and owned (safenetwork.io) and which was in use by everyone as the home of this forum and linked to by all and sundry, and redirected it to his own project. That was a lot for the community who still trust the team and believe in the technology to stomach. I still donā€™t understand why he turned so violently, nor why he acted with what seems to me such a lack of integrity (regarding the domain). Heā€™s had ample opportunity to explain but again seems not to care about anyone elseā€™s wish to understand, or the impact heā€™s had on others.

If people sold at a bad time, they may well have lost out, and perhaps some did so in order to break their link with SAFEX in response to Danielā€™s behaviour, but that would be their decision and not to my mind Danielā€™s responsibility. At this point it would not be a loss, as I say, a sizeable profit from crowdsale to here, much as with SAFEnetwork itself.

4 Likes

Much thanks Happybeing for answering my question and shedding light on this issue.

1 Like

This has been an awesome dispaly of BS baffles brains and I gotta give @nemgun and @tonbi full credit for endurance and for this raise.

Like I previously noted, the first chapter is not yet complete and many more to be written and this team can succeed with these million$$ but only if they buy credibility and build the right team.

Very good to see Nemgum tone down the rhetoric and Tonbi act more pro, but its not enough.

IMO if they cannot attract and integrate industry vets into their ā€œideaā€ they will not succeed.

Hereā€™s some ideas:

1. Full transparency -

2. Engage/partner with Maidsafe now, offering to subsidize hiring campaigns - meetups, other hiring events that cost money - to attract brainpower to Rust and Safenet. If your serious about Safenet, youā€™ll do this and be helping the very team - and investors - on which you leveraged your success.

3. Create an advisory board that will include experts from all the areas where you lack talent. You need advisors and can guide on business management, security, software development, tech, PR, etc. This advisory board will attract more investment and draw developers AND bring credibility. a) David Irvine b) Erik Voorhees, ShapeShift c) Barry Silbert, DCG d) Peter Wuille, Blockstreamā€¦and whomever elseā€¦ etc.

4. Hire someone that can give you some guidance on putting all these puzzle pieces together.

Im not going to get into a pissing contest with you guys. You won round 1 of a 15 round match.

Iā€™d like to see you succeed - only with Maidsafe - because Im a selfish capitalist pr*ck pig.

Dont make me look good in round 15.

5 Likes

No i won the 15 rounds :yum:

Yes, we always wanted things to be transparent.

Alex is already in charge of Maidsafe. Before going further with MaidSafe, we need to setup a work plan for NVO wich leads me to :

This is what i am doing here : NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale - #681 by nemgun
Regarding Blockstream, we iniciated contact with them, and a friend contacted their CTO (gmaxwell).

For now, we are collecting the resumes to form the dev team of NVO, once it is setup on track, i will be able to focus on maidsafe. I can not disperse too much now, I have commitments to the community and investors.

2 Likes

hi guys, i just wrote my own review of NVO with info from here and other sources. check it out: http://www.jackobian.com/threads/what-is-nvo-and-will-a-decentralized-exchange-beat-poloniex.64616/

1 Like

What do you even mean with this

If an ICO is a scam, than people lose

Selling lie coins to others even on an exchange is still horrible. the people who buy them lose their money. Profits like this should not be applauded man

3 Likes

I hope Iā€™m not right with NVO as i was with Safex. Way too much support sentiment ā€¦not enough challenges. Same thing here with NVO.

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/safe-exchange-on-bitcoin-rush/6471/9?u=bigbtc

1 Like

Letā€™s try to stay on topic and not discuss about Safex. They have nothing to do with NVO. Not even close.

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of vested interests in this forum. Safex, Bancor, even seeing issues with skincoin. Just wondering if skincoin is going to do a third lot of 28 days of ICO?

I was just now looking at the EOS ICO. The comment relating to all these new ICOā€™s asking and getting hundreds of millions of dollars via promises that may or may not be fulfilled. The more I look at this, the more it disgusts me. It kinda niggled me at the time but when I look back at the NVO slack forum, of which I posted some of in this forum above, it really has made me see into the BS I experienced. I also found it quite telling to open up the NVO wallet and see how, very, very, basic this wallet is; inclusive of hitting the tool bar - help - learn more link, to be taken to a page wherein it gives you a web page for help creating your own wallet. This page gives me the insights and indication that I could produce my own wallet. Yes, Java for dummies book, no problem.

With all the millions of dollars that these new ICOā€™s are generating from extremely eager late comers to the crypto game, youā€™d think that they could have developed a working crypto wallet prior to the god damn ico?

Yep, had a look at the EOS forum and itā€™s saying that the degredation of these ICOā€™s are getting worse. The current EOS ICO is leaving the ICO open for a year. Seriously, look at whatā€™s behind this and let the light dawn as to what these people are doing. My point to this NVO ICO, is that I would rather, as traditional cryptoā€™s have done, got the product and act together, prior to an ICO, which generates millions of dollars these days and you have a scummy wallet and forums that talk about getting a good team together, STILL, mid ICO? You can bet I have not ā€œdonated, investedā€ (see my discussion on NVO slack forum), or what ever you want to niggle around with in way of wording, towards the fact of giving your hard earned dollars. Iā€™m glad to see from the EOS forum that others are disgusted by this aspect of donations and finding difficulty in knowing what exact returns they might (???) get, sometime in the flexible future? This inclusive of not knowing how much to give? - ā€œHey just give, its all goodā€.

In the past few weeks in looking at the details of many cryptoā€™s I was fascinated by Bithshares. Iā€™m looking at there website and thinking this looks great, its smart, different and could be the currency to supersede others to enter the mainstream market and be huge. Weeks go by and Iā€™m wondering why is this thing not moving. Well this EOS ICO and recent insight brings it home. The producer of Bitshares, I discover, also produced Steem, now heā€™s working on EOS. He goes from one money venture to another. The purchase agreement on EOS has to be read to be believed. I really encourage people to look into the EOS ICO, starting with the forum link Iā€™ve posted below. I of course am just relating what I have read and make no claims as to whether the info on this forum and of which I have related is 100% true coming from another forum. I encourage people to research and find for themselves, as this is not the only link that comes up on an internet search.

Yes, my question towards the people on the NVO slack forum of whether they would have a full on team, one that was committed to the NVO project, was met with silence. The jokes back also regarding my serious question as to the creation of a professional wallet was also telling. Added is the fact that Iā€™m not buying the ā€œthere was no one at the computer terminalā€ response given on this safenet forum (see prior post above) just after my initial post.

The other aspect that I did not post on this NVO safenet forum from my discussions from the NVO slack forum is this: I had asked how many had donated/invested. Pulling teeth, I got some information as to some 6,000 out of, I believe from memory, 20,000. I asked what the other 14,000 get? Answer > ā€œnothingā€ and that why should they get anything? Well, a far cry from the generous offerings I hear in the recent years past, offerings that now equate to tens of thousands, if not more.

So, this then goes to Danā€™s EOS i.e. create something and stick the hell with it and supporting those that made financial imput into it. Regarding EOS, I also see (from EOS forum, see link below) that ā€œThe developer of the project is registered in the - Cayman Islands, the company block.one of which is a co-founder and managing Director of venture capital Fund Future Capital Brock pierce.ā€ - ā€œCayman Islandsā€? You gotta know what this is all about i.e. tax haven heaven. Yeah, tax havens, over 200 UK companies use them, extracting, I believe and donā€™t quote me on it, 20 billion dollars from the UK economy, while they canā€™t pay for schools there.

Maybe the NVO people may head the concerns of people and produce something good, time will tell. What is certain is that these ICOā€™s of recent have very troubling aspects - Caveat Emptor.

EOS forum discussion:

2 Likes