NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

Hey guys sorry for the inconvenience. Avoid accessing the website until we sorted this out as we are being ddosed even with cloudflare. We also experience a mess up from namecheap as well. This mess will be sorted soon in several hours. If you have deposit don’t worry all the info and funds are all recorded. This is why I dislike running services on the clearnet.

8 Likes

Just BTC :slight_smile: I looked at it from a block explorer I just thought it prolly should be available on the nvo sites personal dashboard. It’s fine though as they obviously had a lot of set up with all the different coins, escrow, server set up, etc.

2 Likes

Welcome to crowd sales! I’m sure you’ll have everything up and running soon!

9 Likes

I remember the MaidSafe sale. Up at 330AM to meet the 4AM launch…which I think got delayed a bit… chat rooms abuzz… But yeah… always something.

5 Likes

Due to server overload from high interests the crowdsale has been delayed for another 12 hours. 3:26:56

How does server delayed the crowdsale? I don’t get it.

And… I saw this… What is this…

2 Likes

We have decided to delay crowdsale for another 3 days. During the 3 days we will get everything in check and get better cloudflare protection because the cheaper plan didn’t protect us from the DDOS. All investments previous submitted are safe including previously submitted info.

This shouldn’t affect anything as originally the crowdsale duration was supposed to be 20 days and later it was extended to 30 days. At least we now know the interests in the crowdsale as well as the intention of malicious actors and will be more prepared when we reopen it in 3 days.

9 Likes

Sure got me confused for a second. So you gave everybody two things,

12 hours

and/or

3 days

But you just said it yourself, 3 days. So fix your warning label to

Due to server overload from high interests the crowdsale has been delayed for another 3 days.

Just saying.

1 Like

I wonder whether your crowdsale just pushed up the maidsafe price due to the interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the date being switched because of the price? The price is going crazy these days

look at the broader market, maidsafe is substantially lacking the market.

1 Like

Price is calculated at the end of the crowdsale.

The more I see from it, the more I like it (digging some deeper into it). First I was a little skeptical because other projects doing decentralized wallets but this one utilizing safe is even more special!
Nice website,video, wallet template, looks all very professional.

Just tried the demo… really user-friendly imo.

I like :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Have some good news that I want to share
https://medium.com/@nvoteam/partnership-with-coinpayments-ec0ba5a4e5df

Edit: Oops didn’t mean to post it as a reply. No I don’t think we have much to do with maidsafe price going up. Maybe just people seeing progress and more supporters want to hold maidsafe.

11 Likes

That’s an awesome Maidsafe Partner logo @dirvine is there a list of Maidsafe Partners? What’s the criteria for becoming a partner?

1 Like

We have only one partner that we have signed up with right now, that is maidsafe asia. The logo is new and we are looking at signing up more partners, so this use of the logo surprised us a bit here. We don’t want to be seen endorsing projects at the moment, but we can support them if possible. This one is a really important and needed element of the network and crypto space though. I don’t want to promote projects too much but do want to say “hey that’s brilliant, good luck”. So we need to be careful. Coinpayments though is a group we know and have worked with and I would consider them partners, but we have no formal relationship there either, but I work with and trust those guys.

It’s an area we need to clean up. In crypto I get concerned with partnerships as people talk, release statements about deals and there is no substance, look at all the project X partners with microsoft, or government Y partners with project Z, most of them are just really "yea we met and had an intro talk :smiley:

All in all we need to formalise the partnership scheme and set out some ground rules, that will need to include regular meetings and updates on the relationships, why they exist and what are the objectives. We will look into this now and try to make the partner scheme more transparent and obvious. We should have pages on our site for each partner we work with and identify the people responsible in each team for the relationship. Then there is a focal point to discuss possible deals with.

So bottom line, this is new and we will pursue it and clean it all up. In terms of this project I feel we do support the ethos and objectives and will need to speak with them a bit more and see where it goes, after their crowd funding round though :wink:

17 Likes

Hey guys this is really unrelated, but we saw poloniex on producthunt and thought hell why not let’s post ours there too.

Check us out on producthunt

3 Likes

Yup exactly what I thought as well. Just some miscommunication. It has been changed to prevent confusions and post has been updated.

7 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Good to see brand reputation is a concern. Unauthorized piggybacking off a company’s brand & reputation only dilutes that brand, diminishes reputation and hurts stakeholders. Partners Page would be awesome here and on the MS website showing details of why, who, when where, etc. It may also may help with Dev recruiting challenge as some may see employment pools growing in places like Asia.

9 Likes

Exactly man.

WHUT IS GOING ON. The website says that the crowdsale began 3 last tuesday, but now we’re hearing 3 days later? well what in sam hell is actually happening here? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi sorry for the delay. Crowdsale has started. We have plenty of time for crowdsale with no bonus so no need to rush. If you are experiencing problems just contact us.
https://nvo.io/

2 Likes