NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

Why don’t you ask someone from Maidsafe then? As you said this is an open forum. It takes few minutes to compile a PM and ask instead of accusing us of abusing our affiliation.

So I would see our relationship at the moment being one of mutual support as opposed to an official partnership, although maybe/hopefully that will change i future as we all get further down the road with our solutions and get to know each other better.

Can I suggest you replace the partnership logo in your post with the SAFE Network logo which you can grab from our brand assets page: Providing Privacy, Security and Freedom | MaidSafe.

Everyone at MaidSafe very much support what you are doing and we’ll all be watching the crowd sale with interest, and we really look forward to working with you guys!

Why would we do anything without their approval first? Stop being rude on our topic please.

Affiliation or Endorsement. Thanks for helping me make my point. If there was an official affiliation, which I doubt there is, it would say Affiliation not Endorsement. And FTR, if it said affiliation on your website for all your investors to see, I would not even mention it. I dont need to PM anyone. I should be able to see details of all your affiliations and endorsement your website.

I am going to stop replying to this nonsense then if you aren’t willing to verify our claims while calling us out on it.

It’s quite hard to have a concern with the technical side, because there is none. There is only a whitepaper that talks about api clusters and validators and what not, without any explanation to what those actually are. All expressed concerns are met with vague explanations that raise more questions than they answer.

You are basically a 2 man company, where one names himself CEO and the other CTO, without any prior projects, code to show for, crypto experience to show for etc. All we get, is your word that you did this and that, again with nothing to show for, because conveniently all past experience falls under NDA. Can we at least see a linkedin page of the developer ? A snippet of code ? We don’t even know if it will be coded in python, rust, bash or visual basic 6.

You have done a great job marketing this, and purging all your background information from the internet. If you had spent at least a fraction of the time spent on coin value focussing on technical value instead, I might have considered joining the crowdsale.

2 Likes

Smart. Thats a hole you were digging.

In the hope of resolving the issue which seems to have become un constructive.

My take on the situation is MaidSafe didn’t know the team from NVO prior to the posting of the white paper on the forum a few weeks back. We do know Alex Alexandrov well having spent a lot of time with him in Asia and he has visited us in Troon a couple of times. Both @dirvine and I have a lot of respect for Alex, both in terms of his knowledge of the space and what he has built at Coinpayments, and as you are aware Alex has worked with some of the team at NVO previously. He thinks highly of the individuals involved and I believe has endorsed the project.

MaidSafe are supporters of the project and want it to succeed, but we have not endorsed it in an official capacity and the website should be changed to reflect this, maybe adding in David’s quote from here. I personally hope the relationship will grow as we get to know the team at NVO better.

20 Likes

I agree with you there, as well.
They overstepped in their website, that was up even before dirvine said anything in this thread, and by calling it “endorsement” so loosely one can’t help but wonder what else are they exaggerating about their project?

6 Likes

There is no exaggeration coming from us but miscommunication from Alex. The people I worked with are very capable and honest developers, so don’t start throwing accusations. We have been very open about everything, and we released the communication before Nick posted and suggested the maidsafe team was contacted several posts up.

So I would see our relationship at the moment being one of mutual support as opposed to an official partnership, although maybe/hopefully that will change i future as we all get further down the road with our solutions and get to know each other better.

Can I suggest you replace the partnership logo in your post with the SAFE Network logo which you can grab from our brand assets page: Providing Privacy, Security and Freedom | MaidSafe.

Everyone at MaidSafe very much support what you are doing and we’ll all be watching the crowd sale with interest, and we really look forward to working with you guys!

We also specifically requested that Alex double confirm with Maidsafe before updating our website so words don’t get twisted, and we worked with Maidsafe to quickly fix anything that may confuse people on our last miscommunication. I have also contacted Nick to see what happened because they supposedly approve of the context on the website according to Alex.

1 Like

You replaced it with the MaidSafe logo not the SafeNetwork logo.

1 Like

That message was referring to the blog post not the website. For the website we had Alex double check the content with Maidsafe through screenshots.

1 Like

@tonbi I’m very much behind your project and sympathize with the fact your project wasn’t greeted with any warm enthusiasm but was instead bludgeoned head on with sheer skepticism. That skepticism is not unfairly founded though as like I said before this community has been burned before. That said people should have a healthy amount of skepticism but also realize that not everyone is the same.

Ultimately I think things have all happened out of order. (This is not a judgment but constructive criticism that in retrospect you being capable folk, probably already know) Things could have been a little bit more clear and organized perhaps. On the community end you could have been met in a more welcoming manner to start then progress to polite decline of funding your propositions and making that vocal but in a way that doesn’t come off as trolling. I think some of your teams responses have been overly aggressive because you’ve been put on the defensive but please realize that when you use sharp words with other community members it makes us think differently about how level headed you all are. I support you but only if you guys can keep your cool in the face of opposition.

3 Likes

Yes nemgun can be impolite and he doesn’t respond well to trolling nor does he try to mince words. We joke about how he is mediterranean, and they are very hot blooded . However, behind all that he is very capable and honest, and we trust his ability completely.

1 Like

I want to add that I don’t believe that NVO have done anything intended to mislead. I believe this is a genuine issue of wording. I have not seen any posts or actions that lead me to believe that the guys at NVO are anything but well intentioned, and the posts on this thread would serve us all better if they returned to discussions about the crowd sale terms and technology.

7 Likes

@tonbi I support Nick’s and MaidSafe effort to build on top of the network and hope you can meet/ exceed the expectations of this community. But anytime you introduce yourself as having the ability to do something without supporting that ability, you will be met with opposition.

Let’s see you turn this challenge from the community into a success. Clean up your rep and let’s move on.

I see some good coming from this exchange of viewpoints for you and the community…now you need to build on it.

1 Like

Is there a way I could follow the development of the NVO wallet? I understand the validator is closed source for now, but the wallet is open, right? There is nothing on https://github.com/nvoproject/NVO-Project.

I also think you should update the roadmap on https://nvo.io/#roadmap to reflect the fact that the crowdsale has started.

2 Likes

The wallet is just a demo so a lot of things still need to be done, and it is far from finished. After crowdsale we will try to work fast to develop the wallet and release it as open source and will update the roadmap.

1 Like

This is a miscommunication from Alex. I stand by what I said and agree with nemgun so that won’t be changed.

@tonbi could you detail a bit more about how the validator would work on the SafeNetwork?
Also, how would the “validator” process the fees. Will it automatically convert the whatever currency to USDT and then to NVOS tokens in counterparty?

Then you mention that with NVOS (worth .99 USD) I can be redeemed to BTC on counterparty, but I must withdraw my NVOT to my wallet from counterparty to be acknowledged as a NVOT holder.
This is very confusing

Could you detail a bit more about the proposed mechanisms, tracing every step?
Thanks

1 Like

@nigel

Thank you for your support, it is really appreciated.
I was not impolite, its logical for me to answer like that, I am in a forum of development, when someone wants to make a criticism I accept it as long as it is in relation with the development or with How to manage the project. This is the kind of questions I am very happy to answer, while a guy like bigbtc turns the project into a cartoon, you see that the person knows nothing about development and still insult us by saying that we are incapable, it is not I who opened hostilities, this is an insult. If he was more professional, he would have recruited a developer or asked a developer to come and ask questions to see if our solutions were viable or not, that would have been much more interesting for everyone.

Even with regard to the brand NVO, it is very difamanous, and I assure you that many companies would have filed a complaint against the person, bigbtc has no evidence to the support and therefore these remarks are difamatory . I can not tolerate someone insulting a project for free. It looks like the bipbip cartoon and the coyotte, bipbip which is blue, would be NVO, and the coyote, bigBTc, which runs after bipbip without ever being able to catch it.

It is enough that there is a simple misunderstanding so that it engulfed in it, and it does not arrange anybody, I ignored its statements for 20 days, I won’t do it any longer, he tries to push Ton into a corner, i don’t want a bad atmosphere around NVO. After that, it is enough that Nicklambert speaks to see a change in his discourses, someone might believe he is part of MaidSafe.

And the sound goes far, I feel like seeing the hunchback (ephialtes) of the movie 300, that’s what I see. And his words are bad either for maidsafe or for nvo.

@nicklambert

Thank you for your support, and personally I appreciate very much what you do, I am in a sharing environment, I saw your github, once the validator is finished, I will try to make some proposals on github, This could help you advance a bit more on the project.

NVO has to work with all development teams, because NVO will not be a blockchain to who competes other projects, but more a support to them, so if you need anything, I would be very happy to share with you my experience. Quite even help you to industrialize the thing when the beta will be launched. Like, producing storage devices with the brand MaidSafe, which would be very interesting, recently I saw smart phone chargers that functions using solar energy integrated in backpacks, would be nice to add a specific maidsafe USB stick, it means that users of this kind of system will be able to farme and earn money with a slogan of the style “Now you can make money with your smartphones”, it is just an example, the project Maidsafe has many advantages and possibilities, that’s why he is the first choice of NVO. So if you need help, I am there, and will be happy to.

2 Likes

YOU are making this into a cartoon, BigBTC has some valid questions, and all you do is evade and pull up smokescreens. BigBTC isn’t raising money, so he does not have to be professional, nor does he have to prove anything.