NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

Didn’t they promise a SAFE Network exchange, and now they are providing nothing of the sort?

We are here creating SAFE apps and don’t even get an Apps topic like NVO had, even though we already provided much more to this community than they have or ever will. This feels unfair to us honestly.

Looking for a solution.

I’ll say only this. This thread is over 1100 posts long now and has no code snippets, no proof of concept, no weekly updates, no nothing to prove NVO does anything it claims whatsoever. This thread consists mostly of drama. I for one agree with @dirvine and think this thread should be closed. Keep it around as a testament to why one needs to prove ones merit. But it serves no practical purpose beyond acting as a warning buoy.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Discussions on ICO topics in our forum, prompted by the events of the NVO ICO

I moved some posts about ICOs in general and discussions of concern over them and how they are handled to a new topic in the forum discussions category Meta.

3 Likes

Well this is why one has to ask all those intimate and interesting questions BEFORE one invests. And keep asking them as the project progresses.

4 Likes

Amazing, what happened here? It’s a mess, haha :slight_smile: Jeez I’m glad I didn’t invest in this scam. Crazy. So what about that Alex? Is he actually involved? Does he know whats going on or is he a scammer too? I wonder what had happened if @BIGbtc hadnt been such a d***k lol :slight_smile: Now that I know the ending, the beginning looks very different indeed.

5 Likes

NVO seems as legit and is not a difficult concept. The technology is not as massive as many of the other crypto projects.

Shouldn’t be difficult for them to deliver.

I see no more than 1-2 years of development to go live.

Overall, yes, they seem to be wanting to work towards a product (looking at the Bitcointalk thread), but the way Nemgun handled himself here is a huge cause for concern.

Just see how many times in the above thread he lies. He made ‘MaidSafe V10’ accidentally, then shows he has no idea how the Safe network funcitons. He says he didn’t disrespect anyone when disrespecting many. He goes on a huge rant about Safe being a scam / cult with no substance… while others are utilising test 17 / 18 live test networks. He pathetically slanders David Irvine.

Hopefully he’s an idiotic communicator / lier / nasty person who happens also to be a great programmer who can deliver results (and hopefully one that mellows his attitude, gains communication skills, and becomes a generally nicer person in time!).

We’ll see!

5 Likes

The most recent development with NVO is that @nemgun has been hospitalized for high blood pressure and lack of sleep, allegedly. They are talking kindly of him saying he’s trying to recover. I think they’re just making more BS excuses for his lude behavior or possibly (but unlikely) distancing themselves from him. I was appalled that @tonbi actually stuck up for him. The whole thing was a train wreck from the start. Can they make a DEX? Yup, and they might. Will it be using SAFE? Ermmm not sure because they won’t answer that question on slack :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

That was when my hopes for the project fell even further.

It was no longer a single rogue, but complicit team members who saw nothing wrong with his antics.

Nemgun also went from ‘not involved’ to ‘developer’ to ‘God’ in a week or so according to @tonbi, so my trust in Tonbi went to near zero.

Craziness. Saying that, if Nemgun is actually ill, I wish him the best, a quick recovery, and that he learns tough lessons from this experience.

7 Likes

Something that I don’t think many are aware of, but which seems crucial to know in an ICO is that while we were initially told @nemgun was not part of the team, but just helping out a friend, and later this was changed to he’s a founder, who appears to be in charge of everything (‘a God’). I was then told by @tonbi in a PM that @nemgun has no stake in the project other than his reputation which I was told was very important to him.

I’ll just leave all that there.

9 Likes

Well, he certainly has a bigger reputation now than before.

Not sure if it’s the kind of reputation he was looking for!

8 Likes

Puts it all into perspective a bit for me. We’re all just crazy little monkey’s running round with our own mad version of reality playing through our minds. There’s no point in holding grudges. I know Nemgun has at least one kid. I really hope this isn’t serious and he gets better soon.

A part of me thought the whole thing smelled like youngsters on a coke-fuelled rampage. Too much ego and so quick to anger, but fiercely loyal to each other. I dunno, I could be wrong ofc, anyway reading the quote below makes me wonder if my first instinct might have been right. If so perhaps the team aren’t so mental after 8 hours sleep, some food and a cup of coffee?! :wink:

I would have been a serious danger to myself with access to millions of bucks in my 20s :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Haha Truer words have never been spoken!

3 Likes

About the team, nemgun mainly supported me at the beginning, after with his ideas we decided to integrate him into the team and nemgun was really sick, not long ago. We are still waiting safenet, we never said that we would leave safenet. We have investors and this is our main preoccupation, we said we will wait another 3 months, if safenet is ready, we will use it, if not we will be forced to go to another technology , This point has already been clarified during the crowdsale.

Indeed Nemgun has become co founder because he contributed with the validator, it’s normal that he become co founder, when someone innovates, you can only include him.

As for saying that NVO has delayed because of Nemgun’s illness, it’s not the case, let me give you an overview of the wallet : - YouTube

For my part, this will be my last post in the forum.
I wish you good luck for the future.

@Jabba Nemgun doesn’t get funds from the project, he is more focused about the idea of decentralization. It is not about money, we haven’t even withdrawed the full first milestone, about 9% instead of 30%. His companies worth a lot more than the crowdsale.

Nemgun certainly did. He kind of burned all bridges with the Safe community by saying this, which @tonbi refused to even criticise or distance himself from:

This community would have loved to see NVO succeed, and use Safe if possible, but you & other NVO team members will need to deal with the mess @Nemgun made if you want to collaborate… I’d really like it if that happened, but don’t detect much humility from the NVO team yet.

6 Likes

Strange because in this video you tell your investors 10 months.

6 Likes

Yes, 10 months if safenet isn’t ready after 4months, we would have to be delayed up to 10months.
Nemgun is accelerating the development, i think that it can only be beneficial to the community and the investors.

You can see that the development is progressing very well.

Also, we can’t ask nemgun and the developers to take a break and wait for safenet, we have to keep on moving.

The team voted and decided not to take any break untill the release is done.

Because nemgun is baned, and he is a team member, it is my last post.

Personally. I think your a bunch of con artists and all three of you should be banned.

4 Likes

“For my part, this will be my last post in the forum.”

That was actually your second last post, hopefully.

@Jabba Nemgun doesn’t get funds from the project, he is more focused about the idea of decentralization. It is not about money, we haven’t even withdrawed the full first milestone, about 9% instead of 30%. His companies worth a lot more than the crowdsale.”

Nemguns company (companies) worth more than the crowd sale??? You mean Blumed or Veseros…Or do you mean his Fathers Companies. Not so long ago Nemgun was asking people for almost dead coins on Bicointalk and also trying to mine these coins to make a buck. I guess it could be just a hobby for a Millionaire like him. Come on now. You seem somewhat careless with the truth.

You have done well to fleece this community of their precious Maidsafecoins. I do mean precious. Makes me wonder how your crowd sale would have concluded without your dodgy use of Maidsafes good name. Kind of hard to offload NVO, even at a loss, with such a small volume on Counterparty.

So what’s next? Code a wallet–>Blame Maidsafe for not being ready–>Bribe escrows–>Head for the beach??

1 Like