NSA vs Maidsafe?

Only just found this, thanks, really sobering.

Cheers

1 Like

It should be pointed out that the NSA wouldn’t necessarily go after the encrypted files themselves. Assuming that human error doesn’t come into play, I imagine that it would be more efficient to attempt to analyze when a targeted safesite is changed/accessed (assuming the safesite itself is public), determine the bandwidth and speed of each node on the network (we are talking about the NSA here), and then try to use that to determine which node originated the PUT/GET request. I’m trying to learn geek but I’m not there yet, so sorry if my terminology is off.

2 Likes

The SAFE network use the ed25519.

http://maidsafe.net/routing/master/maidsafe_sodiumoxide/crypto/sign/ed25519/struct.Signature.html

2 Likes

I would activate In-Q-Tell and fund a Butterfly Labs style operation that would supply the farming community with advanced raid drives that log ip addresses and time stamps of all incoming encrypted data which is ported to a meta data storage farm as a reference for further investigations.

I have heard from a couple reliable people that windows 10 is itself a key logging software, this means it is a hacker/crackers wet dream. I am interested in knowing if it is advised that maidsafe be run on a drive not infected with windows 10, or will the maidsafe client be immune to an operating system that keylogs?

2 Likes

Aside from the forced updates, one has to wonder why greedy Microsoft would possibly release an OS for free. I would be pretty surprised if Win10 was NOT a keylogged infection.

Right. Because all developers are straight males.
Please don’t perpetuate stupid gender role assumptions in this community.

2 Likes

keep cool - it was a stupid joke - and he didn’t say all developers are straight males :open_mouth:

I think he wanted to point out males are way more accessible for this kind of sabotage than female developers and therefore have to be careful. @janitor just isn’t that good in expressing his thoughts properly

3 Likes

I pointed out the stupidity in his comment just as you did and asked him not to continue doing that. Sure, I read the comment from a different perspective than you did but that’s what happens when many perspectives exist.
Not sure how I wasn’t keeping cool. Seemed like a simple request to me.

4 Likes

To me the words “stupid” and “stupidity” imply some kind of aggression (maybe that’s just because i’m not a native speaker) … that was why I said “keep cool” …

No offence - but you where the one using these words and not @janitor … he just made a funny comment without insulting anybody and I would like him to do it again in a similar context! :wink:

I had a quick laugh while reading it and forgot it 1 second after … I like stupid comments and I don’t like people being too serious all the time … as long as nobody is dissed by purpose or uses aggressive words I don’t see a problem … no matter how stupid a comment seems to be …

3 Likes
  1. You also called the comment stupid fyi.
  2. “without insulting anybody”… well clearly I was insulted so that’s not an accurate statement.
  3. Comments affect people in different ways. Just because you found it funny and forgot about it a second later doesn’t mean I did. I found it offensive, stupid and a clear path towards alienating women who visit this forum therefore I pointed that out and asked him to stop.
3 Likes

oh - sorry - ok we don’t want to alienate women who visit this forum!

I’m not a woman so I don’t have the right perspective here.
Thanks for pointing out that this might lead to problems we are not sensitized enough for! I will keep that in mind and hope you realize that it wasn’t meant as insulting as it seemed to be …

We all are on the same side here and yes we should do our very best to not insult anybody =)

5 Likes

Thanks for understanding… I could have been more clear in my initial comment I suppose. Glad to clear this up! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What a great community! :smile:

If the are ways to encourage inclusiveness here and in ProjectSAFE in general we should do what we can.

If people have thoughts on this we could start a discussion (perhaps in the meta category). Not just around gender & sexuality, but certainly that’s something I think would be very beneficial. We do seem to attract diversity in interests, skills, experience, age, nationality and location, but more would be good I think

1 Like

@happybeing you are correct this is a Great Community, diversity is so important because without it we cannot grow and understand different perspectives and points of view. Though not perhaps an official objective of the SAFE Network, certainly a derivative of freedom is the ability to feel that the environment shared on this forum is open and respectful of everyone expressing their feelings. The more we can appreciate the value of diversity the more capacity we have to grow and encourage each other. I support any efforts that can further this effort.

No, but because all devs are homosexual females.

Please don’t dispense worthless & unsolicited advice.

1 Like

hey cool move to bring it up again after she stated, that her first post might have not been ideal :hankey:

it doesn’t matter if you agree or not - she’s a woman and you are not - if she knows that your comment might insult female developers then everybody can decide what he/she learns from this …
Thanks for sharing that you don’t care :slight_smile:

clearly I was insulted

Being offended is bullshit. Just saying. You allow your feelings take control of your mind. When you say I am offended, it means that you wish that person should not say that, which literally means censorship. It also means that you wish not to hear about the said topic, and rather be in a happy daisy mood. Smile or Die. When you allow that to happen, it leads you to SJW path. A path to tyranny.

IMO drawing lines as absolutes is the real bullshit, and I believe that there are times when being offended is justified, and times when it is not.

It is showing human respect to realise that we are all different, have different experiences and sensibilities, hear things differently and so on. You appear to be arguing that you can say whatever you like to whoever you like and its ok because anything else would be censoring you. Well yes it would, and we all (I’m sure you included) practice self censorship almost all the time. Its very rare indeed that anyone just lets fly without regard to the audience they are addressing. If you don’t do that on this forum, you’ll pretty quickly find you are censored, and rightly so.

Rubbish.

You won’t get far without being beaten up if you don’t.

Then it is clearly ridiculous to be human (which is a position I have some sympathy with ;-)).

SAFEnet just got it’s (first?) special triggered snowflake!