Not just another decentralized web whitepaper?

Just read the article, quite easy to understand. The video of PARSEC along with this article clears out lots of confusion.

1 Like

The white paper was just the proofs to get it open and get comments. Implementation still needs to be finished.

1 Like

@dirvine- did any of the twitter arguments stated by Andrew Miller or Vlad Zamfir or Zaki regarding PARSEC change anything or put in to question the importance and innovation provided thanks to PARSEC?

2 Likes

No, they are all decent points in there plus some other stuff. We did not prove the concrete coin 100% and would like to, however, it does not stop implementation. There will be a PARSEC killer sometime and we don’t care who/how, but all of us in routing would 100% support and help anyone trying. All we ask is that it is open source and able to be used in any open source project. Beyond that, we don’t really care (or I don’t).

tl;dr all input good, we need to filter and focus. Nothing made us (or anyone, I belive) think, oh this is broken or won’t work :+1:

18 Likes

thank you for your prompt reply :slight_smile:

Regarding the 100% concrete coin, Barlomiej from the dev team did mention on twitter that there are ideas to make it 100%, is there anything you can comment on or must we wait until thursday?

He was talking about completely async, not 100% concrete coin. Its a few ideas still being thrown around, nothing yet, but it is also a side issue not to worry about. If we do find that during impl then it’s sugar for us, nice but not needed :slight_smile: A few great ideas so far, but we killed them all, there will be more.

17 Likes

This is a great article! Any groundbreaking technology that threatens to change everything, is always going to be met with great resistance. On the other hand, criticism is valid, generally speaking, because there has not been a single crypto project or network to this date that has delivered on its promises. Not even the functioning BTC ETH networks have lived up to what they promised to be. Maid Safe, in my opinion, and this is why I am here, is the exception. I truly believe SAFE will accomplish and make efficient, that which other projects are aspiring to be. This conclusion is becoming more and more obvious with each update, and I think it is making some defensive people nervous.

14 Likes

When Bitcoin didn’t exist, I faced the same resistence from the “fiat” world when the bitcoins were proposed.
Very few people from traditional banking, finances and corporations were curious and the vast majority were so entrenched in their limited tunnel vision that couldn’t understand it as it was way beyond their comfort zone.

Now that bitcoins and blockchains became a buzzword, it is progressively becoming the new status quo.

Ironically bitcoin-bugs are the new fiat holders, and whatever is proposed to disrupt it to several orders of magnitude, they become defensive and try to defend the new status quo.

It is sad to see psychological phenomenons being played again and again, people are slaves of their cognitive biases.
I bet there is a big influence of the “sunk cost fallacy” for the people who spent so much time in their own little projects, and falling into negation when it is evident that a new black swan around the corner will turn their own project obsolete.

11 Likes

I agree to 100% it makes a lot of people very nervous, because Maidsafe creates facts and this every week.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Woo-hoo ! Look at him go !

7 BLOCKS/SECOND!

… and a grandstand view for Mr. Bitcoin from David Gerard’ book:

mr-bitcoin-header

1 Like