Nice to meet you. I want to make MaidSafe Korea! any feedbacks?

Just finished a chat with them on appear.in, he was with the tall man with white dyed hair from the MaidSafe Asia YouTube video.

Looks like there might be a meeting in Seoul soon about organizing some of the Asia SAFE efforts and I might have the honor of being a part of it!

They want some input from us app devs on the state of APIs, and what’s available to offer developers in those regions. Not surprised to see so many things happening under the hood, and very excited to help where I can!

11 Likes

When Nick and I turned up in Malaysia there was a group of about 75 people all cheering and wearing MaidSafe tee shirts, then offered us champaign etc… Jakarta and Shanghai we signed many autographs and many many many selfies with what felt like hundreds of people, but possibly a hundred or more (although Shanghai event had 600 folk attending, Jackarta 200-250, so who knows), I really could not tell. It felt like hours of pictures getting taken. So many of the names are all a blur to me

22 Likes

@dirvine superstar status :wink:

8 Likes

I’ll be getting my man-boob signed with permanent marker when I eventually make it to Scotland :wink:

I promise not to throw any of my underpants at you guys though, people don’t seem to find that nearly as funny as you’d think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Weren’t they a part of the MaidSafe Asia company? I just wanted to make sure they were part of MaidSafe officially somehow before visiting a new country alone with them since I haven’t met them yet, etc

1 Like

Yes some are, there were hundreds of people involved in these events, I honestly don’t know them all.

[Edit] Remeber maidsafe asia is not maidsafe, they are partners :wink:

6 Likes

Lol…loved that remark…still keep chuckling…been 20 mins up to now…can’t stop…chuckle…see! :grin:

4 Likes

Excellent news. We have a HUGE Korean community in my city of Melbourne Australia. If you ever make any flyers or anything I could distribute at the Uni’s here. I also have a couple Korean mates but they aren’t into computers they prefer choking people for fun, I believe they call it BJJ. Lol.

2 Likes

Wait…you guys were in malaysia?? How did i miss that…

1 Like

I know the feeling… I learnt too late that they were in shanghai the same day i had business trip there. I had never been so close to the team and lost a great opportunity to meet them :cry:

2 Likes

Are you Korean?‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌

no but at least half of my closest friends were while I was living in Hawaii

2 Likes

Goose bumps over the idea of a SAFE phone and MadeSAFE Korea screams that to me even if getting Samsung or LG to do it is remote. Korea can do this in a no compromise way and so can some other parts of Asia and do it right now for world dissemination.

2 Likes

Bloomin heck… who knew Korea could account for 17% of the recent ETH trading and bump?!

It sounds like South Korea is a really crypto and innovation friendly space.

Good job on those helping spread the word!

5 Likes

Examples of some of the content we are creating for the Korea efforts recently.

There will be a small meeting this week with a database entity in Seoul

Lots more available on our MaidSafe Korea social media page

7 Likes

Hey can we lock this thread, so we only have one active thread for the MaidSafe Korea project? Thx

Please continue discussions in this topic

2 Likes