Nice to meet you. I want to make MaidSafe Korea! any feedbacks?

Hi David and welcome,

All the press articles can be found over here:
http://maidsafe.net/press

And this is the youtube channel from Maidsafe:

I also found this channel where you can see some discussions in the last two months:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-5T9FMCcflM5w38-nt7CA/videos

Hope this is a good start and maybe someone else can add something to this list

5 Likes

It’s great to meet you Melvin and I am also thrilled that Mr. Irvine took notice of this discussion.

This is a great place to start! This is very helpful and we will continue to post updates on the progress of our projects as well.

There is so much potential in the SAFE network for everyone and I REALLY want to see how it will change the world we will live in. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know. We are also willing and very eager to work with other members of the MaidSafe community in anything that will help get the word of MaidSafe out to more people.

Thanks

9 Likes

Uh oh, if smuggled episodes of “Friends” are a dangerous plot, what might SAFE on giveaway Android phones be? The “nuclear option”? :wink:

[EDIT] Life emulates fiction: That man’s background reminds me of Montag, the main character, and an official book-burner, in Fahrenheit 451.

1 Like

1 Like

This page has been getting so many new likes recently due to the price (from 32 to 61 total likes this week) so I had to make a post letting people know what’s going on! :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s really cool you are building a team to work on all those initiatives!
For me being able to discuss with people from all over the world about the same project is such a great experience, having different point of views and being able to understand different realities of the same planet is really enriching.

You can find information in this post on how to add subtitles to the MaidSafe introduction video, if you add Korean, you will then need @nicklambert to approve it, just comment there, if you have questions I’m sure someone will help you out.

3 Likes

Yeah had lots of close friends from Korea when I was living in Hawaii and they did most of the work creating the page and videos and I give updates every now and then.

SAFE needs to happen in as many places at once to really take hold and take over! :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome @aydenlee ! You have come to the right place.

2 Likes

so I’m still helping with his MaidSafe Korea page and someone contacted me saying they are with “MaidSafe Solutions” (anyone at @MaidSafe know what that is?) and that they set up these multilingual forums!

Just thought everyone should know some real community results of the MaidSafe Asia trip, because people were asking if anything happened as a result of it.

5 Likes

MaidSafe Asia will become MaidSafe Solutions, they are changing their name to solutions. Lots happening over there and we are helping where we can, but like this community this is all them and it’s looking very productive. Lets hope so :thumbsup:

20 Likes

great they have been talking with me over FB today and were very nice, even offering to fly me there for a meetup soon? Was a bit skeptical but it’s glad to hear they are very legitimately involved with MaidSafe. Something I would love to get involved in, to help SAFE spread!

10 Likes

Also Mr Irvine have you heard of Ken Nguyen?

He was the one I was talking to. I just haven’t seen any of these guys on the forums and wanted to make sure they were who they say. I’m sure they are but just wanted to have some input thanks!

2 Likes

I am not sure Ken’s last name but if it’s the Ken I know then he is setting up the forums there. You should be Ok I am terrible with names and there are loads of folks over there.

[Edit] I don’t use fb though to cannot tell from link.

3 Likes

Just finished a chat with them on appear.in, he was with the tall man with white dyed hair from the MaidSafe Asia YouTube video.

Looks like there might be a meeting in Seoul soon about organizing some of the Asia SAFE efforts and I might have the honor of being a part of it!

They want some input from us app devs on the state of APIs, and what’s available to offer developers in those regions. Not surprised to see so many things happening under the hood, and very excited to help where I can!

11 Likes

When Nick and I turned up in Malaysia there was a group of about 75 people all cheering and wearing MaidSafe tee shirts, then offered us champaign etc… Jakarta and Shanghai we signed many autographs and many many many selfies with what felt like hundreds of people, but possibly a hundred or more (although Shanghai event had 600 folk attending, Jackarta 200-250, so who knows), I really could not tell. It felt like hours of pictures getting taken. So many of the names are all a blur to me

22 Likes

@dirvine superstar status :wink:

8 Likes

I’ll be getting my man-boob signed with permanent marker when I eventually make it to Scotland :wink:

I promise not to throw any of my underpants at you guys though, people don’t seem to find that nearly as funny as you’d think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Weren’t they a part of the MaidSafe Asia company? I just wanted to make sure they were part of MaidSafe officially somehow before visiting a new country alone with them since I haven’t met them yet, etc

1 Like

Yes some are, there were hundreds of people involved in these events, I honestly don’t know them all.

[Edit] Remeber maidsafe asia is not maidsafe, they are partners :wink:

6 Likes

Lol…loved that remark…still keep chuckling…been 20 mins up to now…can’t stop…chuckle…see! :grin:

4 Likes