New website released! Maidsafe.net

We’re not too keen on collecting people’s data… even email addresses. The launch will be announced in the blog which people can subscribe to.

3 Likes

Wanted to let you guys know that on my iPhone 5 in portrait mode the animation does not show the title completely, it just looks like " … a internet ". Not a problem in landscape though.

5 Likes

Same for HTC m8 too, so probably affects all small screens.

Great work on the site though, team!

Sweet stuff guys. I like it a lot. Nice going.

I think it’s worth saying that on the website. I think a lot of people expect and want a sign up for info option (I did), but this is a good response to that.

2 Likes

1000% Agree It should be JUMPING OUT at any person browsing maidsafe.net

I’d like to suggest a re-write to this paragraph:

The network is in the advanced stage of testing, but not quite ready for prime time. Please keep checking back or look to our forum, or blog for updates.

Remove “keep checking back” - it’s a little unpolished and not a good way to instill confidence. Maidsafe is not an online retailer offering new products or random specials where its appropo to suggest the audience “check back often”.

An idea…

The network is in the advanced stage of testing, but not quite ready for prime time. Be the first to know, subscribe to our forum and blog and follow us on Twitter for updates and launch news.

my 2 satoshi’s

5 Likes

Am i the only one who is shocked that a team of supposedly highly intelligent and skilled computer engineers have taken over 6 years to create a website that could have been created in a month? This is simply a promo video that could have been created 6 and half years ago…I’ve seen crowdfunding videos done better in a fraction of the time…If this is all there is to show after 6.5 years i think there’s years and years and years left to develop this and that’s if it is even possible.

This team has not been working on the new site for anywhere near that long. Most of their time has been devoted to solving many of the hardest problems of internet security. The new web site had only been in development for a few months if that. A nearing beta release is what prompted the need for a more polished interface. Making such uneducated comments reverses the derision back in your direction. I’d use a little more discretion next time if I were you. :confused: :wink:

3 Likes

somebody call

7 Likes

I love to build websites, and I think I do pretty good, but I would never think I’m a great coder. I don’t think coders = great web site designers.

That being said, I love the new MAIDSAFE end-user website.

4 Likes

You sound like someone who has never done this themselves. Why not join us, and see if building a simple website helps you inform your judgement: Let Create The First SAFE Web

4 Likes

Please do more research before making baseless accusations. There was a website before but it was sort of all over the place and needed refining but certainly didn’t take 6.5 years. End-users need different information than developers and the goal with the website remaking is to separate the two into distinct websites.

1 Like

Hyperbole, and a potential troll.

Go check github, they have been working on it for years. Maidsafe website has been around for quite some time, and now you’re complaining about something that was made up in your mind. Yup, a troll.

Nice job on the new website. When you guys do something you do it properly !!!
Is there any plan to also go over the design to the twitter page? It went together well
with the old website, not so much the new one imo…

1 Like

Yes I agree, we do need to update the Twitter graphics and bring it more into line, we’ll get to this in early Jan.

1 Like

Nice, this is an improvement. I’ve added a task and we’ll get this updated. Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks @sfcoin, for reporting this issue. Will get this fixed :smile:

3 Likes

hmhmmm - stupid question - is there a reason for https://maidsafe.readme.io/ not being linked in the faq-section …? or on some more places on the website …?
I’d think it could be a very important link to some people :wink:
(sorry if it is linked and I just didn’t realize - but then maybe it is not prominent enough … cause I didn’t see it)

Awesome been sharing like crazy!

1 Like

There is a whole video channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChDck5R_C9i6XTrS66tbwOw

1 Like