Since we launched the very first SAFE Mobile Browser last month, we’ve been working non-stop to deliver you the next iteration with brand new features. We’ve also taken the time to fix some bugs that were causing issues, all detailed out in this post.
What’s new in the SAFE Mobile Browser v0.2:
One that I’m sure many of you will be excited about, we’ve now implemented dark mode to this version of the mobile browser. Check out the table below which shows you how to switch to dark mode, and what this looks like across the app.
This is a great new feature! Now, you can download images from a SAFE site which will be stored on your device.
New progress bar
This new feature enables you to see the loading progress for a SAFE site.
Navigation gestures on iOS
Now the mobile browser supports navigation gestures to navigate (back and forward) between the web pages on iOS devices.
Other major changes and bug fixes
- Added options to see the list of log files in the settings page.
- Fixed an issue which was converting the numerical
safe://address into IP address on Android devices and users weren’t able to use fetch the websites.
- Enable landscape mode for iOS devices.
Check out all the changes in this release in the changelog file.
What’s new in the SAFE Authenticator v0.1.4:
- Updated the app to use the full screen on iPads
- Updated UI to improve the experience on big screen devices (Android & iOS)
You can read about all the changes in this release in the changelog file.
Download and Install
|App||OS & Architecture||Download Link||QR Code|
|Mobile Browser||Android 5.1+ (armeabi-v7a,x86_64)||AppCenter, Github|
|Mobile Browser||iOS 11+ (ARM64, x64)||AppCenter|
|Mobile Authenticator||Android 4.2+ (armeabi-v7a,x86_64)||AppCenter , Github|
|Mobile Authenticator||iOS 8+||AppCenter|
- Alpha network access
- If you haven’t already signed up for AppCenter, you can register for iOS builds here by just providing your email address and then you’ll soon receive a link to invitation for registration and then…you’re off!
- If a Blocked by Play Protect pops up during installation, just click install anyway.
- if you aren’t able to install the new SAFE mobile app even after uninstalling the older version please follow the given steps to clear the play store app’s cache. The steps may differ based on the OS version and device vendor.
Steps: Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> storage -> clear cache and storage.
And then try installing again using APK you downloaded.
If you already have the mobile browser on your device, we recommended uninstalling before downloading the latest version
Contribute or to give feedback
As an open-source project, we’re excited to accept contributions to the code from outside of our immediate team and we aim to make that as easy as possible. Details of how to contribute are all over on GitHub, or if you prefer, just add any feedback to this post and our team will pick it up.