New Release: SAFE Authenticator v0.2.0 & SAFE Mobile browser v0.3.0

Thanks @davidpbrown for the feedback. I will try to add some comments/info for all the points so that we can improve the overall UX.

Why is the vault file in the authenticator?.. I want to browse this new world free of all incumbrance!

It’s not required to be in authenticator but then all the mobile apps need to provide some setting to choose b/w the vaults so we thought to provide this in the authenticator which works as a gateway. An app can still integrate this anyway so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I have some plan to work on this so that you don’t have to reauthenticate everyone time which I can try to include in the next release.

Once authenticated… could do with switch back option to most common app like browser… switching back and forward add extra effort.

I acknowledge this is the bigger problem (UX POV). I myself used to think of this but mobile devices/os(s) don’t allow background processed and in last we had to implement this way. I am hoping we can solve the switching back/forward by adding notifications or popup widgets (popup UIs/views) in the future.

Browser suggests nice a big Error not connected but does not prompt for what needs to occur… refer to point one above… need to know setup required in authenticator and rtfm is a bore!

I’ll try to add some more descriptions in the error dialog so it becomes easy to understand and perform some extra steps to resolve this. It’ll be great if you can post some repo steps for this.

Then two different errors at the same point, trying immediately after each other
I was looking into some other error messages this week and what I noticed that some of the error codes (which we use as a parameter to show the unique alert/error messages) are new or have been changed. The error codes can code from any dependency repo (usually quic-p2p, routing, SCL).
It seems the mobile apps are not in sync with the error code and that’s why it’s showing the exact messages thrown by the code while it should show some user-friendly message.

About the 2 messages:

1. I am sure one is coming because the client/app is not able to connect to the vault which the team is already working one (for few cases, this may still happen because of n no of reasons).
  2. It’s coming because somebody already has an account without the same passphrase.

I hope I didn’t bore you with lots of details though :smile: . Thanks

13 Likes

Hi all, the maidsafe github repositories related to mobile browser and authenticator are disappeared…
Are they available somewhere else?
Thanks for your support.

2 Likes

No, the authenticator was dropped for now. The mobile browser is on hold until the basic code is more mature and proven in the CLI.
Neither are forgotten, Don’t worry, that functionality will be reinstated in plenty time.

Recently we done a bit of spring cleaning on the repositories. Anything that wasn’t really relevant at this point in time was archived and made private.

I could make these repositories public again, but they are completely unusable at the moment. Are you just curious about them?

6 Likes

Ok. Thank for your reply. Yes, as a developer I’m curious about potential mobile applications running on top of the SAFE Network and APIs.
I bookmarked those repos and I just found out today they were not there.
I’ll wait for news on this topic in this forum.

3 Likes