What can be read in reports:
22/02/2014: 1,450,322 shares at 0,0001 GBP and 145.322 GBP aggregate value
22/02/2015: 1,329,685 shares at 0,0001 GBP and 1,329,685 GBP aggregate value
22/02/2016: 1,330,191 shares at 0,0001 GBP and 1,330,191 GBP aggregate value

What is probably correct (IMHO):
22/02/2014: 1,450,322 shares at 0,0001 GBP and 145.0322 GBP aggregate value
22/02/2015: 1,329,685 shares at 0,0001 GBP and 132.9685 GBP aggregate value
22/02/2016: 1,330,191 shares at 0,0001 GBP and 133.0191 GBP aggregate value

I couldn’t find any information on changing nominal value of shares.

2 Likes

I think the amount per share is probably a dividend? cause 145 GBP doesnt make sense, does it? 1 million GBP would make sense to me. I guess they just missed a 0 in their 2014 filing.

cheers!

1 Like

So nominal share value is different from dividend. The following link should help explain this a little more: Nominal Value of Company Shares - Complete Formations. And yes, looks like a mistake in the 2014 annual return, good spot.

1 Like

okay, now i understand. thanks nick!

1 Like

Signed on to bnktothefuture just for this. Look forward to reading the entire pitch.

2 Likes

@nicklambert so the £1000 base investment will that allow for shares or the likes or will the people on Bnktothefuture have to be accredited or high net worth investors? Excited to hear the pitch and see the team be successfully funded to help get us to beta and beyond. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes they have to also be accredited/sophisticated investors and this is determined by answering some questions on the platform itself when the user signs up. Thanks for the wishes of support, this is a big moment for the funding of the network!

5 Likes

You self-certify, so you are the one who decides if you are a ‘high net worth investor’ and should be investing in the stuff you see on there.

There is no barrier to investing basically, but those who invest will need to have self-certified when they sign up. Then you’ll also need to provide docs to prove your identity (not your wealth) before they let you withdraw anything.

Lots of good opportunities come up on there. I’d recommend it to anyone with any money to spare tbh, even the riskiest investments on there are still a lot more appealing than most mainstream investment and savings options imo.

2 Likes

The difference with most mainstream investments however is that you can easily cash out on the them. If I buy shares in Google or Amazon today I can sell them again tomorrow. If you buy in on one of the pitches on Bank to the Future you can’t just decide to sell your shares the next day. At least I don’t think you can. I’ve not tried it, but as far as I know there’s no “sell my shares” button that gives you Euros/Dollars/Bitcoin for your shares.

Do you agree Jabba or do you have other experiences on the platform?

2 Likes

Just got certified late yesterday :wink: I only invest in what I believe in and I go long :beers: cheers to the future of maidsafe

3 Likes

Yes this is the difference from a publically listed company shares and a private (or not listed) company. Post IPO companies are on exchanges much like a crypto currency today. Pre IPO companies can sell shares via a share exchange document usually (transfer of shares), if you find a buyer or there are internal markets created (like market days etc.).

6 Likes

Is it something like OTC markets (pink sheets) ?? Maybe the same?

As far as I know I can buy OTC shares via my online broker and I can just offer them or buy them just like let’s say Google or Amazon shares. With these you will have to find someone and ask Bank to the Future to transfer the shares to him (and receive payment from him in bitcoin or via bank transfer). I think what David mentions as well is that in some cases a market is made when a lot of people want to trade these shares, but it would not be an official market like it would for Google or Amazon shares.

Correct me if I’m wrong please :smiley:

3 Likes

Far as I know OTC markets have no strict regulation yet as seen on Nasdaq , …
The broker you are with does the stuff you mention … Matching buyer and seller … This is why it can take sometimes a day before the trade goes through …
There are companies with only 15mil$ in shares on the market …

Okay not sure about how OTC markets work precisely. I know there’s less regulation and usually a higher risk/reward ratio. I’ve traded some before and in my experience the ones I traded never took longer than a few minutes for a trade to go through but perhaps this varies between stocks.

Still I don’t think that you will be able to trade the shares that you get on Bank to the Future this easily. Not trying to discourage anyone from investing, but it’s good to know that when you get in you may be in for the long haul. So people that are focused on short term gains should better invest in MAID directly or perhaps support projects pitched on this forum that offer some sort of return on investment (via a new coin perhaps like Decorum).

3 Likes

I think you are right about this one. I can get OTC stocks with my broker as well when I turn that option on. But these stocks need to be listed on an OTC market. Same for this Bitcoin fund. You still can’t trade Uber somewhere. The same will apply for Maidsafe I think. So you buy shares and hold them in the hope they sometime will be traded as stocks OTC or after an IPO on the NASDAQ. Sounds a bit far off, but who knows. If SAFE get’s really big the company behind the technology might become big as well. And there are loads of so called nanocap stocks out there, for everyone to trade.

1 Like

well you can always trade with individuals. there might be, for instance, a maid forum or place one time where that could happen. but usually companies dont like that very much, i think. cause it makes overhead on their part and its important to know their shareholders.

Yeah, you’re not buying trading assets and I would not recommend anyone put money in that they might need access to. As far as investments go they don’t get much longer or less liquid than most of the things on BtF, but a well-chosen spread of them gives you a very good shot at one or two of them showing really great returns at some point in the next 2-10 years.

I would have been quite happy to be one of the facebook angels, waiting 8 years for my billions to appear :wink:

4 Likes

In this episode of the Keiser Report Max and Stacy discuss the Venezuela in the capital markets. In the second half they talk to Simon Dixon of BnkToTheFuture.com about the crypto-novela playing out with much drama in the crypto-currency space. In an exclusive, they also unveil the logo for Kim Dotcom’s BitCache.

3 Likes