New Discord channel for the SAFE Network community

Hope you enjoy, sharing discord channel link: Discord

6 Likes

Don’t we just want to use the discord channel that was already created a while ago? I just don’t have the link right now… But maybe @frabrunelle or one of the @moderators has it?

2 Likes

Ah yes, I didn’t know about that.- before my time.

5 Likes

Haha okay yes maybe a while longer ago xD

Hey everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

After a brief discussion with @Lackys, we agreed to focus our efforts on the Discord server that already existed and that I created in November 2015.

@Lackys has now deleted the Discord server he created and I added him as a moderator on the existing Discord server, which you can join here: Discord

Also, instead of trying to remember this link, you can simply to go https://discord.safenetwork.org (which will redirect you to the invite link above).

10 Likes

ok just tried it, works… handle is thereiver need to add a few more countries including Scotland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

We added a bridge between Discord and Matrix yesterday. This means that messages from Matrix/Riot, Slack and Telegram now show up in the #general channel of the SAFE Network Discord server and vice versa.

There wasn’t a lot of activity on Discord and we think that adding this bridge will make the SAFE Network Discord server more useful for people who are in it :slightly_smiling_face:

See this topic for more information on Matrix.

6 Likes

There are chat rooms. @frabrunelle needs to see for the phone verification.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

As the primary and only active Moderator on Discord, I have had to Ban-Hammer Dozens upon Dozens of automated Bots that joined previous to this decision, to make the phone verification a must!
Those bans can’t be automated and needed to be done one by one!!
Francis and I discussed this and decided to make the phone requirement change.

Until such time as there are other Mods on Discord other than just me, we can re-visit this requierement.

5 Likes

@frabrunelle Can you look into this then, as I don’t have the permissions to add other good guy bots?

Sure, I just added this captcha bot and removed the phone number requirement :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The captcha bot sends you a DM to fill out to be able to join, fully.
Did you check for that?

2 Likes

Just bumping this to remind everyone that we do have a Discord server which may be useful for quick tech chats - and other stuff

2 Likes

Hey guys, im completely new to the community and am just getting to check stuff out but ive tried opening the Discord via 3 different links (1 from GH, 1 here, and 1 from community msgs) and they all lead to the same place it would seem–and NONE of them worked correctly… its an issue ive never seen–it allows me to join like it should, and begins to open, but then appears as if its loading without ever actually doing so… it only shows me what you see in the attached photo no matter how long i let it sit there to load (i left it open to load for 20+ mins last night).
Anyway, is there a known issue with the server? None of my others are giving me issues…
I tried LEAVING the server each time i tried a new link, but ended up right back in the same place.

Can someone please advise? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi and welcome @caleb ,

can you try joining from here:

1 Like

Hi @Dimitar, I’ve tried a couple of times and just get this.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the quick response.

But yes, same story. Attaching two new images…

2 Likes

Sorry it would only allow me 1 attachment per msg as a new member

2 Likes

Can you try this link: Safe Network

Same story. However, i am on mobile currently. I can retry via computer tonight when i get home & update ya after that if youd like?