New Crypto Currency idea

Hi guys,

I’m a developer and Maid supporter. I have an intriguing idea for a new crypto currency based loosely on some MaidSafe concepts. I don’t want to broadcast the idea to the world, but I was wondering if anyone would like to spend 5-10 minutes talking about it over Skype/Google hangouts to see if it has any legs, especially if you are interested in helping me build it.

Cheers,
Andy

2 Likes

This sounds like a trap.

It isn’t a trap. I’m just trying to have a conversation with someone who is going to understand what I’m talking about.

Okay so you don’t want to share it here, but you do want to share it with someone in a 5 to 10 minute Skype conversation that can easily be recorded or typed out and posted on this forum?

Doesn’t really make sense if you ask me. Won’t go as far as Ryan by saying it’s a trap, but it does sound a little strange.

I suppose I’m saying I trust the idea with 1 random member of the community rather than all members of the community.

I suppose the rhetoric “Sounds like a trap” could be defended by the events of the day.

Apologies for jumping the fence early…

At the same time, I am unsure if the discussion of a new crypto currency is right for these forums. There are many out there ‘based loosely on some Maidsafe concepts’ and none of them are any where near the level of development in my opinion.

Unless the coin is attributed to an app on the Safe Network, I am unsure where the interest is…?

1 Like

Ok I’ll try a different tack.
It’s frustrating because very few of my friends understand crypto, so trying to explain/thrash out an idea is a little awkward.
I’ll try stackoverflow groups.

1 Like

I can’t say that makes too much sense, especially not a random member. How do you know this one member that contacts you wouldn’t be the one that runs off with your idea? You’ll be at risk finding someone untrustworthy anyways.

It would make more sense to perhaps direct message a forum member that you may trust because of their posting history. The decent thing to do would be to DM first to see if they are interested in reading your idea.

Yes, PMming one of the community would presumably be a better option. If you dont know who to talk to first off, any one of the mods, (myself included) could attempt to assist you or point you in the right direction.

We also host a discord channel at discord.safenetwork.org if you’d like to chat with our community there.

So you see, there are plenty of options besides skype that the rest of our community would (presumably) be more comfortable with.

Although I’m sure that they’d be much more comfortable if you made your proposition open to all as we are quite an open community here.