New Community/Developer Support

As many of you will know, Ross is going to be taking a 6 month sabbatical from MaidSafe, spending sometime travelling with his family. Much of Ross’ job involved working with the community to keep you updated with development updates, provide support, organise test feedback…etc… With his impending departure we needed someone to step in who is both familiar with our technology and the community ethos surrounding it.

I’m therefore pleased to announce that Francis Brunelle (@frabrunelle) will be joining the MaidSafe team. Francis will work remotely from just outside Montreal and will be focussed on many aspects of community/developer support including:

• Help manage the RFC process
  • Monitor the forum and provide support where necessary
  • Set-up new repos as and when required
  • Assist in helping to manage community and developer documentation
  • Organise and help organise meet ups
  • Manage the Community Engagement Project
  • Maintain the App Directory

Francis has proven himself over the last 2 years to be a committed and hardworking member of the community and I think he will be a great addition to the team. Welcome on board, Francis!

46 Likes

@frabrunelle Congrats!

9 Likes

Nice work @nicklambert and congrats to @frabrunelle of course!

8 Likes

Welcome @frabrunelle you are more than welcome and deserving. We are also looking to expand this role further into community events. So a great fit. :thumbsup:

There is a drive on now for a few positions and partnerships, great to see in so many ways. We are sorely in need of resources and good resource. I think this shows a great start in the expansion process.

9 Likes

I read that first as Francis will work remotely from just outside Motherwell…

Welcome @frabrunelle :slight_smile:

6 Likes

relatively :smiley: just a wee bit oot on the Glasgow side

2 Likes

Nice, congratulations Francis :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Excellent choice IMO. Congratulations @frabrunelle :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats, Francis! Glad to hear you’ll be playing a bigger part at MaidSafe.

5 Likes

Awesome @frabrunelle, couldn’t imagine a better asset to the community. This is of course part of a heinous strategy to undermine the forum with MaidSafe employees and to control our minds :smiley:

9 Likes

Congratulations Francis. And remember to enjoy your new role. “Don’t Panic” :smile:

4 Likes

Félécitations fabrunelle!

2 Likes

@frabrunelle congrats!

2 Likes

Second that! Great to see highly committed people going to the next level. Well deserved!

4 Likes

@frabrunelle excellent news ! well done Francis, this is a real positive :)) Ross will be missed, but back in 6 months we hope so this is win,win,win all round

2 Likes

Bravo Francis! Good luck to you and to MaidSafe!

2 Likes

Welcome and conratulations @frabrunelle,

Nice to see you on board!

welcome @penguwin - great to have you on the forum… and on-board the ‘congratulations to @frabrunelle’ train, even if you’re a little over a year late :smile: (don’t worry, these things happen!)

2 Likes