My Trip to Troon

Date and time: Sunday, September 21 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Location: @Bitcoin_Embassy (3485 Boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montreal, QC)

RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/projectsafemtl/events/207207942/

I’m going to give a presentation on what I learned during my recent trip to Troon, Scotland (which is where the MaidSafe office is located) from September 3 to September 9.

Here are the highlights of my trip:

1. Thursday, I filmed @dirvine being interviewed by @ioptio. You can find the 33 videos here.

2. Friday, David answered the concerns I had regarding the automatic rewarding aspect of the SAFE Network and it looks like we’re on the same page. More information here.

3. Monday, David answered various technical questions I had. I feel I will be able to better explain the SAFE Network from now on. And @nicklambert made me better understand what SAFE Pods are. My father was also with me on the trip and he explained to Nick and David his project of building floating cities in the ocean.

Finally, I will talk about what we can expect from the SAFE Network in the coming weeks and how you can get involved.

10 Likes

Thank you so much! Is the watermarking voluntary? Would anything bar payment to an anonymous author?

As I understand, it’s an optional step someone could take to link a file to their public id. So yes it’s voluntary.

I’m not sure I understand the question.

Its probably the question money launderers want answered but is it possibly to post content anonymously and be paid for that content while maintaining anonymity for buyer seller? Could help fund sites like Wikileaks. But Id really like to know if water marking is mandatory or would prevent this possibility.

Well I guess the content creator could create a public id just for publishing the document and people would pay him by sending donations to his public id. that way he would preserve his anonymity.

as for the watermarking, it would be optional if I understand correctly and the purpose would be to link a file to a public id in order to facilitate donations.

maybe @dirvine or someone else can better answer your question?

3 Likes

You are bang on @frabrunelle This will be optional for sure. These things should all be hints and able to be picked up by apps that want to help pay artists/designers/makers etc.

3 Likes