My marketing ideas

There a lot of people who would want to buy maid, but they are too lazy or too intimidated. So I thought, “Why not just pre-load different amounts of maid into many separate Omniwallets, or paper wallets? Then when a person wants to buy, whoever is with them can just get cash, and show them how to use the wallet? This would be very convenient for the new users.”
Then I thought, “Why sell the maid, why not just give it away?” Well when is a great time of year to give things away? Christmas! And it’s coming right up! So it wouldn’t be hard to give away some Maid to your family and friends. Remember to keep some for yourself, though!
Then I thought, “Why not give away maid at the maid meetup?” Then one of the presentations at the meetup would be how to manage the free maid you just earned.
Then I thought, “What if there is a lot of freeloaders and there isn’t enough maid for all of them?” Well, just raffle off maid prizes at the meetup! That way the costs are kept under control.
Then I thought, why not have a gameshow at the meetup instead of a raffle? We could have a round of Jeopardy with Maid themed questions and maid prizes! That should loosen everybody up, David Irvine could be the gameshow host.
Then I thought, “Why not have the contest online for free maid prizes.” That way people could compete from home. We could have an online poker tournament with a maidsafe prize giveaway. That way people could watch or play from home.
Then I thought, “why not post these ideas on the forum, and see what ideas other people have?”

17 Likes

i think it’s a great idea, maybe less the part to give away maid to strangers :wink: :smile:

1 Like

There will always be some kind of marketing budget. You’ll be spending money to hold these meetups, provide food, alcohol, etc. You will have to rent the location. Giving away free maid would just be that kind of expense. Besides, new people to the coin will pay a lot more attention to what you have to say if they have their own skin in the game.

6 Likes

They used to do this with Bitcoin in the early days too. Not a bad idea!

I do think this also solves the pay to create an account problem. Referrals or these sort of vouchers would mean it was free, but somewhat metered out.

1 Like

After seeing how a single bitcoin has gone from $1 to > $16,000 you won’t have to give many SafeCoin to each attendee to make it feel worth having just in case. So this part would not be expensive until SafeCoin has risen significantly.

1 Like

I like this idea too, as I think that a potential barrier to new people buying maidsafecoin is the fact that it is not as straightforward to buy and store as bitcoin. It would be a great way to show people how to hold it and encourage them to lookout for progress on the SAFE Network.

2 Likes

I’m glad you all like my ideas. Should I go take another shower? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I could help with this. If you decide to go ahead just let me know and I can point you to some useful info. I could probably also round up a fair few poker players :wink:

1 Like

That’s great! I never do any actual work. But a poker tournament with Maidsafe prizes would be great fun. We could put bounties on David and Nick to enhance the spectacle.

1 Like

I’m out of the loop now…what do people mostly play these days, PLO? Chinese? Still Hold’em?

1 Like

Online has mostly gone to the dogs since Amaya moved in on Stars and ditched the VIP programme.

Mixed Games are where the remaining whale money heads (mostly PLO and OFC as you mentioned). Whoops better stay on stay on topic :smile:

3 Likes

I’m a Montana Red Dog man myself :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds like it should be a bourbon.

I like the ideas especially the poker tournament idea where do I sign up :joy:

1 Like

I’m glad you like my ideas. Unfortunately, the idea is the easy part. Now someone has to make it happen. Either they have to do it on a volunteer basis, or write a proposal to the maidsafe brass. Whoever can execute this can have 99% of the credit. Any idiot can have marketing ideas, they are a dime a dozen. What we need now is someone who is willing to actually work.

Depends how and where you want to do it.

If you want it at any established online poker site/skin then I can probably help. One of my best mates still runs an affiliate site and he sets up tourneys for his players all the time. I’m sure he’d be willing to sort out an online tourney it if people sign up through him. It would be on some random skin and probably have to be set as a $ buy in or freeroll though. In that context it doesn’t seem like the best marketing move though. Really we need a poker site on safe for people to play at rather than just giving away a few coins in a 30 man frreeroll on some random poker skin. Hmmm.

1 Like

I think it needs to be held on safe too, really wish I knew how to do it. We could even have a buy in with the maidsafe put into a wallet that one of the most trusted members holds the keys for and once the tournament is finished they can send the winnings to the successful players.

1 Like

The first tournament will probably be just a practice run. The important thing is that whoever is in the tournament has a good time. The marketing benefits can come later. We can call the first tournament “Alpha 1”. If the tournament is not successful, we just switch to something else.

1 Like

Is poker still a thing?
In my region that is out of fashion: the tradional, centuries old (colour) whist and varations are popular, also among students.

1 Like

Yeah and I think my gameshow idea is still a good one too. These questions are going to be decided by whoever actually does the work.

1 Like