My MaidSafe is stuck in Pending in my Omni Wallet

Hello, I need some help. I sent some MaidSafe from Poloniex to my Omni Wallet it June. No issues.
Yesterday I tried to send it back to Poloniex. It has been stuck in Pending for 24 hours. It has not even reached the blockchain. It is stuck on Omni. What do I do? Please advise. Thanks!

Hi David:

I need your expertise, please:

I sent some MaidSafe from Poloniex to my Omni Wallet it June. No issues.
Yesterday I tried to send it back to Poloniex. It has been stuck in Pending for 24 hours. It has not even reached the blockchain. It is stuck on Omni. What do I do? Please advise. Thanks!

(Rather off topic for the thread… PMs are better for this kind of query.)

Playing the long game, it’s been a while since I’ve transfered coins through Omni.

Transactions can be slow - for all Bitcoin’s popularity, its not as quick a people expect and coupled with that Omni transaction fees are small, they can have a time finding a miner willing to accept the transaction.

From all I’ve seen Omni transaction do work eventually, you just have to be zen about it and check it once in a while. If the omniwallet suggests its pending, then I would trust it to action at some point.

If you’re worried and it have been a while longer than just 24hrs, then you could contact info@omniwallet.org and see if they can affect it… I don’t know enough the option to cancel and resend with a larger BTC fee attached - you get what you pay for. In future I expect Omni will need to fix this issue by raising fees or binding transactions in some other clever way that speeds them up.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time…

1 Like

I didn’t even know omniwallet had a “pending”. Do you mean the popup window for sending is just sitting there spinning away? If so then just close that window and check poloniex. Usually it has been sent and the javascript is what is hung.

No it says this: A little orange arrow in my Omni wallet. I put mu mouse over it and it says: "The Balance reflects the total out bound about of -----SP3 in your pending transactions. My balance in Omni reflects zero (0) as I have my MaidSafe going to Poloniex. So it is pending. I read today that one person had their MadeSafe like this for 50 hours before it finally went to the blockchain. It in Pending on Omni…

1 Like

Ok then that is what @davidpbrown was talking about.

Omniwallet has in my opinion been using too little BTC for its “normal” and “faster” fees. Fees are quite high at the moment to get BTC transactions through. People have waited more than a day in the past and I am hearing of omni-protocol sends taking 12+ hours at this time. I up the fees and it goes quicker.

Also I think that its out of the hands of omni since its the BTC transaction taking too long

Put your sending address into https://blockchain.info and you should see the BTC transaction that the MAID send is encoded on.

1 Like

Hello, I need some help. I send some MaidSafe from Pololiex to my Omni Wallet it June. No issues.
Yesterday I tried to send it back to Poloniex. It has been stuck in Pending for 24 hours. I has not even reached the blockchain. It is stuck on Omni. What do I do? Please advise. Thanks!

Sometimes it can take a fair while. Did you pay a lower tx fee? Probably best to just pop the omni guys an email. They’re usually pretty good about getting back to you within 24-48 hours.

ok…Thank you…I am worried about the fee I paid. My BTC balance went to -negative after I did the transaction…Still stuck in Pending…

I wouldn’t stress too much. Chances are whatever went wrong will be easy enough to sort, even if it takes time.

As I say, if you email them you should get a response within a couple of working days.

It has not even reached the blockchain yet. I checked…I put in my sending address…

Sounds like maybe you didn’t have enough BTC in the account to cover the transaction fee?

I think this is exactly the issue. Just don’t see how to pay more BTC now…

Sounds like the only way now is to contact omni.

Surprising that it wouldn’t throw you some error if so

1 Like

Agree , It is still sitting there in Pending! At 2:30 pm central time it will be 48 hours in Pending…Sent Omni an email. Have received only auto responses so far…

Just communicated with a guy named Adam at Omni. He has seen the ticket and it going to work on getting this cleared up…

1 Like

Looks like Omni thinks it will drop off the system by Friday. I can then re-submit the transfer with a higher fee. Omni is fixing the bug that approved the transfer at a very low fee amount…There are several tickest like mine in the hopper…

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m having the same problem on omni with a different token. Emailed them but haven’t heard back. Annoying, but oh well.