[I’ve put the personally beneficial aspect forward foremost however there is a potential benefit to SAFE as well]
I have an idea that I think could be a fun experiment for the community while generating and spreading around much value.
I wish to earn an income working with and on SAFE. With this campaign, I also offer to work for the community and at a discounted rate from private projects.
- In 1 hour increments.
- For any quantity of hours you wish to direct. I will allot up to 20 hours per week to this so that I’m also able to move my moonlight project forward concurrently.
- Develop community projects (apps or CLI tools) for SAFE, in public GitLab repositories owned by a community GitLab account (source) separate from mine, under the MIT and BSD 3-clause licenses.
- Work on open issues of SAFE itself, in its GitHub repositories, under its chosen licenses.
- Brainstorm ideas for solving SAFE and ecosystem engineering challenges.
- Begin the work within three days and complete it within three days and the quantity of hours sponsored at a rate of 8 hours per day.
- Summarize in a reply to this topic how the time was spent and what value was generated.
- Sending MAID to my or @Dimitar’s (for free escrow, pooling, and expense accounting) OMNI address (NOT INCLUDED UNTIL MODERATORS APPROVE) and optionally specifying how you’d wish the time to be used in a reply to this topic with both the tx and directive. I’ll use my best judgement for any unspecified or remaining time.
- Based on a discounted community rate of $50/hr at the time of transaction.
- Directives must be exclusively related to SAFE unless explicitly agreed to.
- Any project and SAFE code I write must be exclusively in Rust.
My intention for the earned MAID is to:
- Offramp 60% to fiat for living expenses and taxes.
- Add 20% to exchanges to support liquidity.
- Save 20% for at least five years as a part of my investment into SAFE.
Answers to frequently asked questions
- Copyright of assets produced for projects, public or private, will belong to the sponsors.
- Sponsors of projects, public or private, are solely entitled to their Safecoin rewards. (source)
- The provenance of assets produced for community projects: (source)
- Community account creates empty repositories named for projects.
- I build with my account and in my forks of the repositories.
- From my account, I open merge requests with produced assets (code, documentation, etc.) in the repositories of the community account.
- Merge requests are accepted by community account, assets are merged, and assets are outside of my control.
- My personal opinion is that this campaign has the following forms of value to investors in SAFE: (source)
- More SAFE interest and activity.
- An example of sufficient technical confidence in SAFE required to accept MAID for compensation. (off-ramping 60% to fiat)
- Accepting MAID for a useful professional service creates demand and adds to MAID’s fundamental value.
- As I begin working with SAFE I will be functioning as a beta tester to the developer on-boarding process and opening issues/pull requests, GitHub’s term for merge requests and SAFE’s repositories are hosted there, that I believe would improve it. Better developer on-boarding, easier developer on-boarding, more developers, more building.
- As I build experience working with SAFE I will be able to review existing design decisions and implementations, offer critiques, as well as contribute to ongoing conceptual development. More competent eyes, more ideas, a technically higher quality end product.
- More avenues for those having good SAFE ideas and capital, yet lacking in technical acumen or time, to realize those ideas.
- I offer to build an app of the community’s choosing, at my expense, as a show of good faith and to demonstrate my competence (source)
I invite you to reply with questions, comments, requests for time estimates, and directive discussion.
Thank you for your consideration.