Most wanted APP for the SAFE Network

Farming Calculator. Enter details of your connection & drive size. See potential earnings per hour/day/month. Includes real-time updates on earnings.

4 Likes

Thanks @Shane. Would love to trying it.

Imagine going to a SAFE Network website and it creates art extracted from the collective entropy from it’s visitors. So when you go to the site, the first thing it does is ask you for your SAFEcoin public address, this gets added to the list of visitors and shareholders of the art it will create that day. After 24 hours the artwork is complete.

People can bid for this digital art in an auction that’s held on the website. Whenever somebody bids the highest, they get the artwork send to their public address and all the visitors who help create that art all get their share when the highest bidder pays.

:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hi, Dean–I run an online news organization/podcast network now. I’m seeing a real need to construct a decentralized, secure, private, and indestructible news organization right about now. SAFE seems like the logical place for it. I’d be interested in starting a fork of my web-based site with like-minded journalists.

13 Likes

An app to play backgammon and bet SAFE tokens!

3 Likes

SAFE E-mail backup and archiver

1 Like

Safe Biometrics.

I am not a huge fan of the process but the Indian Government has over a billion fingerprints in a central database to validate personal identity.

I get the impression that the network itself is meant to be intrinsically backed up by default. Still I personally would like to be able to archive and then erase my data from the network as desired.

1 Like

This reminds me of reddits April 1st project last year, a bit by bit drawing contributed by the reddit community.

That would make a great Opening day after release App!!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this for years actually, because our wallet/ad platform has fullscreen background ads. And if advertisers aren’t coming, but users are coming, it would be valuable/useful to let them self create money for the time they take to visit our app. It would also be a completely different distribution model compare to airdrops and ico’s. Obviously you don’t want people spending crazy time on the site, so you would have a cap.

Digital art would be images, music, movie etc and you could even mix them up and create a daisy chain of ownership. Your movie could have my images, Nigel’s music and when somebody buys it, we all automatically get our share.

It’s one thing to have ideas, completely different thing to code it up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A modern Magic 8 ball app with a twist

You ask a question and it selects a random sentence in answer from preselected material or the web and then allows it to be saved to a journal with your comments.

Preselected material could include user provided PDFs or provided selections.

Example of a pre selection:

Websters dictionary, Finegan’s wake, Hero with 1000 faces, Mortimer Adlers the Great Ideas, David Carse’s Perfect Brilliant Stillness, Spira’s the Nature of Consciousness, Black’s Law dictionary, Wilhelm’s I-Ching, The Tao Teh Ching, Merton’s Chuang Tzu, a greatest jokes book, Essential Rumi.

With maybe 6 thousand pages or 600K sentences should be a good no repeat correspondence in practice and a nice little mirror for consciousness.

3 Likes

Interesting topic :slight_smile:
A magic solution to protect artists and in general ways from people who produce a digital assets, I think is complicated, by the simple fact that we are in perpetual opposition between centralisation and controls by a few and decentralisation that offers freedom of expression and freedom to disseminate.
Nevertheless, one of the problems in this case is centralisation and the need to pay actors and intermediaries who do not always (or not often) work in the interest of the creator. Systems like SAFE Net or for example https://ujomusic.com/ which is based on Ethereum can allow the suppression of intermediaries and a fair remuneration, but will not solve the piracy problem.
Another point, I don’t think artists should live on donations, they are professionals who deserve remuneration for their work and creativity.

3 Likes

If you haven’t read this, it is a good book. Many don’t consider copying stuff as piracy.

Contracts can be used in an equitable way instead in many cases - no need to look further than this project for examples. The book discusses patents at length too.

http://www.dklevine.com/general/intellectual/againstfinal.htm

Edit: To add, I am sure SAFENetwork can play a role in musician remuneration too. The likes of Apple, Amazon, etc, have shown that people will pay for music if it is reasonably priced, good quality and convenient… They were tired of being ripped off by extortionate CD prices previously though (£18 for a single album was a dark hour about 20 years ago for me!).

5 Likes

Musicians / artists saw peanuts out of that btw.

3 Likes

The next level

1 Like

Thanks for the link I save it.
My opinion, is the freedom of the creator to protect and define how I want and allow distribution of it’s work. Even if I think open model help to stream music or any digital asset.
I also like the idea of keeping productions available over time. This is not possible with labels or service providers like Amazon, etc… and for that, I like safe net or other similar solution.

1 Like

Not very sympathetic to those that prioritize fame, power and wealth over art. Right balance is the market belongs to the public as a commons (which means its needs tending against supplier interest and centralization) and re-numeration should only be enough to prime the pump and should also support fair use. Which means compensation is primarily to support future works. And it should also mean 100% return policy over a very extended period, risk of satisfaction should be shifted entirely to supplier. It is not a donation, a donation is what the non contributing wealthy want to turn their taxes into. To me the best mechanism is entirely voluntary after the fact micro payment with no push or reminders or begging to support future works. And/or just put artists on the dole as a high indexed GAI but that should apply to everyone. I wouldn’t carve out for software providers either- Id give them the same structure, as they already compete with open source. So a lot of this relies on scale.

Also any sort of copyright shouldn’t last longer than a generation. It will be a contest of novelty against a back drop of accruing but free masterworks. It really is time to elevate the public because creative types need to create to survive, if covered beyond the basics most would give it away for free, no need to add to the money mega phone problem. Imagine someone saying this song is free plus I will pay you to listen to it.

A lot of this has to with mindshare distribution and that should be through word of mouth and smart open un-sponsored search to include both popular blocking and culling lists as selected by the end user.

And against all the consternation on the part of thr supplyside cash-in people, imagine a rule in IP that forbade affixing identity (as in the days of old when all works were assigned to God and unsigned) imagine that only anonymous works could be paid!!! I like the Platonic notions that were at the core of our IP system when it worked in the West, but regardless it should provide some context. Personally, don’t care much about the contributions of egos or personalities and think paying for such products is retrograde payment for refuse, don’t care much either for the delusional idea of special identities backed up by hardwired bits of gray matter and lottery like biography to produce the supposedly unique and essentially priceless which is the ‘tragically’ discounted at market. No, its better to say there is one mind that sells to itself a fair price after full consideration. Selling your personality is a bit much.

As for the RIAA, just hypothetically let the charges have a statute of limitations of 150 years with both criminal and civil penalties with 100% claw back and mandatory sentencing applying to gouging (all the market will bear behavior will put you in jail) and monopoly. Most of their execs and lawyers would be in jail. WIPO would be eliminated and drug patents would be ended. We also would never be enforcing trade secrets. Properly funded openly available public reasearch is better.

Like to see IP liquidations, even prospective liquidations for maybe 5 years. Take a firm like EA, if it does things to irritate the public it should be possible to quickly slap it with a total IP liquidation including 5 years prospective liquidation in a major market- where affected IP becomes public domain. If share holders don’t like it they can implement proceedings against the useless management. Easier and sometimes better than break ups.

1 Like

Open Finance Equity Characterizer

Shows a to the min rate and total accumulation rate for each person (by ranked number, no name) in the organization. Done for public entities too.

Gives a overall equity characterization. Hopefully this begins to follow every brand around so people can choose to stop supporting inequitable brands. Also like to see carbon content and equity accrued to petro fuel/energy so can be shut too. Might also have to track amount to so-called owners or share holders.

Ideally this would catch enough and be effective enough to cancel the profits and existence of elitests organization and politics. Key marker is we don’t shop brands that don’t provide this and try to manipulate it.

Same system can be applied to political parties to track the equity of money coming in and going out for a total equity ranking.

This transparency allows for a demand side cancellation of harmful concentrations of wealth.

Code speaks louder than words

3 Likes

Lawmoney

Voters seem to repeatedly complain or protest on the streets about the proposals that become laws. It would be fun to see an app, that let people vote on proposals with their money.

Politicians aren’t held accountable for their proposals. It would work like this:
An politician makes a proposal, people with knowledge about the proposal would vote. If $1M vote yay and $10M vote nay, the politician will have to pay $9M to the people.

Instead of people complaining or protesting on the streets, politicians would get a direct feedback and punishment or reward for the proposals they make. The yay and nay money would go to improvements in society and the politician can’t make another proposal before they paid up their debt.

Another option is to skip politicians all together and vote on proposals and existing laws by putting our money…

How about poor people with no money? they can still vote and their vote would also count as money.

6 Likes