Most wanted APP for the SAFE Network

While I like your idea black eats will need a reputation system. Not good if guy down the street gives his customers food poisoning or grandma forgets to mention the peanut butter in her cookies and sends someone into anaphalaptic shock.

Shouldn’t be hard

@eblanshey :

Good point. What’s illegal in the second black app is people serving meals for money out of their homes. Today there are sanitation licenses (protection racket for the restaurant industry).

3 Likes

@whiteoutmashups They will both have a reputation system for that reason. I think the reputation system will be far more effective than toay’s system of bribing investigators…

3 Likes

This is brilliant. Too many things get re-written in open source. +10!

2 Likes

i’m thinkin Factom might be a good fit here. combine that sort of record keeping and a solid identity (onename, or keybase?) and you could even create the new decentralized wikipedia where verified identities vote up and down different whistleblower documents, hell you could even put Nikola Tesla’s stuff in there. The more reputation a document gets, the more it becomes common knowledge, like the best design plans for my own zero-point home energy device. That sort of system would definitely verify its truth. I have high hopes for MaidSafe, Factom and Storj in case ya couldn’t tell :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lighthouse decentralised crowdfunding platform

3 Likes
  1. Webhosting. Ppl get paid for site visit, steal revenue from Google :smile:
  2. Other than storage sharing, CPU resources sharing for big project calculation, video editing, etc.
  3. Microsoft doc, excel like app.
  4. Create a DB apps like oracle, sql etc.
3 Likes

Jini like system that allows for one to use the keyboard on the phone as though it’s attached to the computer. Or keyboard on computer as phone input. Allows microphone of computer to be used in conjunction with calling on phone. Etc
Allowing recombinant use of all equipment anywhere across the world-- i.e. letting somebody connect all devices and their subdevices like mics / GPS on phones etc to computers, etc-- so instant Keyboard, Video Mouse switch to any system anywhere. i.e. being able to use each other’s computers with permission through direct streaming of peripherals i/o

@dirvine

4 Likes

I’d like to add to this list Open Mapping software like http://www.openstreetmap.org/ but decentralized. The underlying data for the maps are available at http://planet.openstreetmap.org/ so it should not be too hard to convert into SAFEMaps.

5 Likes

We scrapped our plans for using mainstream crowdfunding.

Lighthouse is wicked fast and is what will be crowdfunding the #ePlug (meshnet, crypto, decentralization) project starting next week.

1 Like

An app to decentralise Artifiial Intelligence.

So Google can’t use it to take over the world :smile:

And so our biggest existential threat becomes a tool we use, instead of a greater intelligence that causes the end of humanity.

(Also wanted to be the 300th comment, as I have hoped this thread would reach 300 posts and continue to be the #1 thread on this forum for a long time!!) :smiley:

1 Like

A.k.a. Skynet. Just kidding. :smiley: Decentralized AI could also perform very advanced search on SAFEnet.

It was great that Google hired Ray Kurzweil to work on AI for search, but they need some healthy competition.

2 Likes

Lol but I said DE-centralize, not centralize

Ah so instead of Skynet we get the Borg lol

1 Like

That would make a UI for IoT devices and configurations a little more doable. Where the control for my Raspberry Pi Sentry bot could be like a web part (right term?) added to the DIY app. I could then control the bot not only remotely but securely over SAFE, Likewise I could have exclusive access to the encrypted video stream from it’s NoIR camera.

At least its not centralized lol

1 Like

Watching the performance of your vaults can be boring if all you have is charts. I propose: The Grand Carnival Horse Race Game.

Each of you vaults is represented by a horse. Whenever your vaults receives a GET request his horse takes a step.
It features:

• Customizable names
  • Lifetime statistic
  • Winning odds
  • Multiplayer, other users can register their horses too!
  • Gambling system to bet on horse with Safecoins
  • Instant replay with slow motion and explosions
8 Likes

Trustless news services would be good. Media based on reputation and trust sucks. Just look at mainstream media, where some reporting of ordinary news is excellent while other reports, like the Sandy Hoax, and the Boston non-bombing, are appalling falsehoods.

The tricky thing is how to achieve a trustless service for information about real-world events. Anyway, it would be nice to have such services, at least as a competition to the mainstream and alternative media we have today.

3 Likes

Can we get a SAFE, decentralized, open source, financial suite like Quickbooks or Sage? These accounting programs are not only proprietary and cost money in their own right but have exorbatant subscription fees attatched to them AND they do not take cryptocurrency markets into consideration. So wouldn’t it be good to have something equivilant or better that a) was open source and therefore free. b) decentralized without huge corporate subscription fees. c) Stored your data on SAFE (or your hard drive for those that don’t have the internet or acess to a SAFE network). and d) Was compatible with cryptocurrencies like safecoin and bitcoin.

(Just to be clear QB and Sage (formily Simply Accounting) are closed source and I’d like to see an open source version made.)

2 Likes