Most wanted APP for the SAFE Network

I imagine it would be very different because data would be organised, connected and retrieved meaningfully - so it would be much more useful than searching for keywords. I’m thinking databases of:

Countries, regions, towns - with stats - population, climate, economic, political
Music - titles, artists, labels, genres
Films - titles, directors, actors, genres
All known species (animals, plants, whatever), categorised (by country, endangered level, population, etc…)
All known planets, solar systems, galaxies
Sports stats,
Languages,
Companies

The list is obviously endless. Data would constantly grow, be added to and connections made. Big data is big business and is already out there, just privately owned on private servers. I think a decentralised data hub would be incredibly valuable and empowering, used simply for reference (manually) or by SAFE apps (programatically).

2 Likes

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Does democracy lead to a “predatory majority”?

Dude this database idea is AWESOME!!!

Like a huge family-tree-looking chart of all kinds of different things that goes on and on and on… Infinite learning!!! Dude I’d spend ALL DAY on a site like that!! Would definitely have to be Wiki / crowd made though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update:

Just recompiled the list with all new posts and likes (votes), so it is now current up to post #216.

And applied the changes to my original reply and to the OP.

Lmk about any qualms. I group things together for ease of understanding, when I see a common theme being expressed.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Wikileaks replacement. But one much more aggressive and completely un-moderated with a sophisticated search system or interface.

3 Likes

I moved 8 posts to a new topic: Projects: SAFE version of WikiLeaks

2 Likes

Really a no strings attached way to seed markets by giving away products and products experiences in an effort to reap word of mouth. Seems a SAFE entity could handle the logistics.

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/paid-to-try-or-try-for-free-word-of-mouth-daos/2093

Yes but isn’t this just another form of advertising or promotion? I mean you’re basically giving away free samples in an attempt to gain reputation.

@Blindsite2k Almost but remember people are coming to the site out of word of mouth and curiosity. They are directing their own use of attention. And under this system where its practical, their time and attention is rewarded by at least the recompense that would have went to the ad and media outlet. And its money that isnt going to the ad and media outlets. All the difference in the world.

Everyone stop! Please stop!

This is a SAFE PLACE FOR IDEAS! It’s not critiquing and criticism. It’s stream of thought and escalation!

Wikileaks on the Safe Network is a fine idea @Warren.

Moving on…

5 Likes

Thanks for that :slight_smile:

Now back to cool, inspiring new ideas!!

1 Like

What can a Project SAFE app do to make elections more transparent?

Great idea Warren!! I love that one!

1 Like

blockchain technology is better for this imo.

2 Likes

Agree, I think if there were a way for a blockchain type pattern with secure anonymous access in some form (its easier if we ignore borders). This is one of my drivers for the test of unique human or similar. We need to ensure the vote is cast once by one person. Blockchains can do the ledger, we can do the anonymity (tor can to I believe to an extent), but the ballot paper/right to vote once is the hard part.

Even if we can get unique human status we then need to make sure it not a coerced human. I keep coming back to small communities making local decisions in a barn with folded paper :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I read recently that there are some communities in the US where paying directly for votes is allowed and accepted. Its hard to fathom. Its like saying: give me 5 bucks and I’ll become your groveling genie for life.
Getting more transparent voting in place may restore the requisite education so people understand its not a good idea.

One of the top request is a decentralized exchange. Would there be any way for speculators to manipulate this or buy up all the coin allotment? Personally I’d want to trade dollars for Safecoins and I’d want to do it early, but I also sense that allowing this could mess things up if someone or a group of speculators with less than honest intentions or even an intention to do harm could corner things. Could they pass themselves off as legitimate cross section of the market. I suspect national intelligence agencies might try just this sort of thing.

Let me not understate my lack of faith in other currency tech, especially currency tech based on the block chain which is said to try to reward selfishness etc. Seems like the PR on bitcoin type stuff is unrecoverable- at least that is my sense as an outsider.

No @Warren dude because most of the SafeCoin is still inaccessible early on.

It will have to be farmed into existence first.

And by the time the majority is mined (farmed), it will have proper value by then.

So I wouldn’t worry about the rich buying out all the SafeCoin early on, when it’s cheap, because it CAN’T be sold until after it’s been farmed.

2 Likes

That was part of what I was hoping. A new economy will be safe coin trading for safe coin and not relying on dollars etc. That’s want I really want, to drop the dollar all together. But you see their could be a bit of a chicken and egg that tossing some limited dollars at in the start might help with. I understand that’s already been done to an extent. But I wonder if there will be another round that isn’t as limited to stuff like Mastercoin exchange- which I could never see doing personally.

1 Like

I have no doubt this will happen, in due time