MeetUp Glasgow 7th May Tuesday, 18:30

I have provisionally booked the Avalon Bar next to the Mitchell Library on Tuesday 7th May. The back lounge seems well suited to a MeetUp for around 30.
Hopefully some devs can attend, if not I’ll read the shiny new primer to the assembled multitudes and do a high level Q&A.

Give me an idea how many of you are likely to attend so I can plan for nibbles.
The Avalon has a limited range of beers but its cheap. If you want to pay full price for a full range of beers we can nip round the corner to the Bon Accord afterwards

Here is a map

Just to be clear, it’s NOT the Aragon, it’s NOT the Arlington. These other bars are very fine places nearby but don’t get confused - it’s definitely the Avalon.

21 Likes

@Southside, I’d love to except me poor arms get too tired and the stitches in the left shoulder might come apart.

Joking aside I hope you get a good turn out

2 Likes

Hello @Southside,

I’m in Glasgow, so I’ll be happy to attend.
I joined MaidSafe somewhat recently but I’ll be happy to talk about what we are doing in the routing team informally, or I’m happy to prepare something a bit more formal if that suit your format.

See you.

14 Likes

Thank you @Jean-Philippe.

Informal is good, I see the first MeetUp just as a general get-together with some tech content. We can explore what format future meets should take when we are all together.

7 Likes

Sounds good.
See you there.

7 Likes

I’ll come along for some Safe Network flavoured chat.

4 Likes

I’d probably be up for that, and might have at least one interested pal as well…

3 Likes

I reckon I can be there.

4 Likes

Any thoughts on a kick-off time?

3 Likes

I can be flexible regarding kick-off time.

I need to get back to Perth afterwards, so would prefer a relatively early start so I can get back in good time, but can fit in.

How would 6:30pm be for others?

3 Likes

I should be good for that - :smile:

4 Likes

The Avalon Bar in Glasgow is confirmed for 18:30, Tuesday 7th May.

The Avalon is on Kent road, right next to the Mitchell Library. Apparently there is plenty of on street parking for those who need it (pay and display, though may be free after 6pm).

This will be a very low-key gathering in the pub. We can see how it goes, and consider what kind of event people would like to follow on with.

@Jean-Philippe - if you’re still happy to give an informal overview on current routing work, that would be great.

Looking forward to seeing people there and chatting about all things SAFE!

13 Likes

Yes, happy too to do it. See you.

10 Likes

I was really hoping to be there guys, but alas my wife has her first keeping in touch shift at work to return from mat leave :frowning: Have a good night and I will hopefully be at the next one!

7 Likes

I will be there! Will bring some t shirts with me too!

14 Likes

Don’t forget to bring a friend that is new to the community but might be interested to hear about the SAFE network. Right now every newbie we can bring into the fold counts for a lot! A pub sounds like a great atmosphere for this so its just like yep I am just here having my beer, no pressure to be super informed in advance.

6 Likes

I’m hoping to make it down as well… provided the kids go easy on me and get to bed pronto. I shall make a sacrifice to the toddler gods, or something.

7 Likes

I am hoping to make it, I have a commitment on Tuesday evenings but I will see if it can be moved.

5 Likes

I’ll be joining too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like it’s going to be choc-fulla-maidsafers.

5 Likes