May 30 SAFE Network: Chicago Meetup

SAFE Network: Chicago had a great meetup on 5/30! We had a dozen people show up to learn about the work MaidSafe is doing, including two devs from Vancouver who happened to be in Chicago. A few of the attendees were shocked that they hadn’t heard about the SAFE Network before. I think a lot of that might have to do with empty vessels making the loudest noise :smirk:

https://twitter.com/SotRos25/status/1134304430621200384

Overall, those who were new to the SAFE Network (a little over half of the attendees) were amazed at the scope and aims of the project. They generally accepted that blockchain can’t deliver what SAFE will. Some of the frequent questions were around governance (I.e., what are the rules for updating the underlying protocols once the network is live) and marketing (I.e., what is the strategy for seeding growth on the Network). There was also interest in pivoting to using SAFE for current dApp development.

Definitely excited to start thinking through what the next event should be, and welcome suggestions from the folks here too! :wink:

27 Likes