Masterxchange will close soon, please move coins before November 15th

Just wanted to make clear that this isn’t any of Maidsafe’s business, this is a third party.
I do agree it might be a good idea to warn people on maidsafe.net, but masterxchange has sent all their users an email with the closing notification.

People who received their coins during the crowdsale and didn’t sent them do masterxchange.com theirselves don’t have to do anything, these coins are still at the address you received them at.

2 Likes

Ok @Melvin that makes sense…since those guys facilitated the crowd sale…I somehow assumed the coins ended up on their exchange.

I’ll be glad when a PIN /Password is all I need to worry about…this crypto business does my head in.

1 Like

They didn’t facilitate the crowdsale. This is an exchange created by two guys on which it is/was possible to trade mastercoins + created coins from a few crowdsales they did. Because they already supported mastercoins, they were the first to add maidsafecoin to their exchange.

Mastercoin facilitated the crowdsale, but as far as I know they’ve got nothing to do with masterxchange.

So if you didn’t touch your coins after receiving them during the crowdsale they’re still at the same address.

3 Likes

They might not accept deposits anymore, but it’s still possible to trade. Yesterday I picked up a little over 11,600 maid in the 4,750-5,000 satoshis range, which is a bargain I think.

1 Like

Yep…totally bamboozled me, apologies for bleating about an imaginary situation.

1 Like

Sorry newbie…if I sent BTC to buy maidsafe and that was it and they show on the omniwallet balance check…I do not have to do anything in regards to Masterexchange closing?

Sounds like you already withdrew from masterxchange into your own wallet (BTC address)?

If you did then no need to worry about masterxchange now.

[Or were you looking at the address you sent the BTC to at masterxchange?]

this

“Or were you looking at the address you sent the BTC to at masterxchange?”

or maybe I should clarify - whatever address maidsafe said during the crowdsale to buy was the only one it was sent to so maybe that is why I am so confused.

Then your question was answered previously

I guess the last line has me confused as “receiving them”…So what will happen when they become safecoin (be able to access them)?

From what I’ve read there will be a process setup where in essence you will send the maidsafecoin to an address specified and along with the safecoin “wallet” address the maidsafecoin will be converted to safecoin and sent to the safecoin wallet/address.

So as been said by others you will need some actual BTC in the address where your maidsafecoin is stored to pay the transaction fee for sending the maidsafecoin

I withdrew some maidsafecoin from masterxchange and it said “done” 3 days ago but they still haven’t shown up at the address I sent them to. The txid linked to from my masterxchange account on blockexplorers doesn’t show up as being broadcast.

They’re not replying to my emails, any ideas?

Lots of people are/have been experiencing this. Because masterxchange is closing they’ll probably have quite a lot withdrawal request to handle manually. I believe everybody who experienced this problem eventually (after a few days) received their coins.

The price amount of maid I moved out of masterxchange (which is showing a balance of zero) doesn’t correctly match the actual cost in btc. I have much much more than .000005 btc worth of maid. It’s at 5 confirmations so far, any idea why it’s showing up as so little?

thats probably just the transaction fee and you arent seeing any maidsafecoins just yet

It says complete though (on masterxchange side), I have a zero balance in masterxchange and they take their fee from maid upon withdrawl :confused: feedback from someone who’s dealt with exchanges receives a little tension though.

It does not seem to matter how much maidsafecoin one has it shows that amount.

1 Like

Okay so not just me?

It’s the fee only, not total value of all coins you have. You can check your maidsafecoin amount on omnichest.info

I can confirm that I did a withdrawal 2 days ago, and this morning all maid showed up in my omniwallet account. So no issues to report from my side. Hope all works out well for my fellow traders too. :slight_smile: