Mass shooting in NZ / Terrorism

Hi,

I live and work in Christchurch, NZ. Last Friday 50 people we killed and 50 injured in the worst mass shooting in New Zealand’s history. It appears to have been a lone wolf attack from a single far-right extremist. A wave of numbness and dispair has hit our communities and country.

To make things worse, this heinous act was live steamed to Facebook and other social media platforms. Now the NZ government is working with tech platforms to remove this disgusting video - censoring and blocking access to various websites that might or might not be hosting the content. I don’t think you could get much more ‘objectionable’ than this.

As I understand it, if this video were stored as immutable data on the network then the only way to remove it would be to shut down the entire network which by design is almost impossible.

I would like to hear from this forum - is a functioning maidsafe network really a social good?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Recent questions about SAFE’s societal implications