This thread is dedicated to ideating and executing on 2020 SAFE Network marketing initiatives in support of key milestones such as:
- Vaults Phase 2
- Public Testnets
- Exchange Listings
To get a sense of interest in supporting marketing initiatives for MaidSafe and the SAFE Network, I’ve created some polls in a post below:
To get us started, I’ve thrown together this preliminary timeline:
- 2-4 weeks before public testnets announce SAFErace (competition to find/fix bugs)
Launch Public testnets
- 6-8 weeks before Fleming, announce SAFE The Internet (contest for developing marketing campaign in support of Fleming release)
- 2-4 weeks before Fleming launch activate winning SAFE The Internet marketing ideas
- 1-4 weeks after launch, host local Fleming release parties and announce The SAFE Challenge hackathon series (tournament style with opportunity to progress from local to cross-regional/global virtual hackathons)
- 4-8 weeks post Fleming launch, host local hackathons
- 8-12 weeks post Fleming launch, host cross-regional hackathons
- 12-16 weeks post launch host first global virtual hackathon
These thoughts rely on general knowledge of release timing so that we don’t take to the streets too early. That being said, there’s no need to know the specific day when a release will happen, just the window within a number of weeks.
As we decide on what to execute this year, we can adjust the above timeline. If anyone has additional ideas/suggestions on what we can do to support releases and exchange listings (e.g. trading contests, affiliate marketing, etc.), please share.
Next steps would be to refine marketing strategies/tactics, define auxiliary social media and SEO marketing support, estimate associated costs, hold community voting/fundraising, create tutorials to support hackathons, etc.