Market Research on market size and growth

Which probably costs money and isn’t a requirement so is likely deemed unnecessary. So highly unlikely. Psh. Utter shit coin in that case. Undeserved. Time will heal my frustration I reckon :wink:

1 Like

We can learn from it. Essentially, our assumption (at least mine) would have been that Filecoin wouldn’t be successful with such strategy. That assumption turned out to be wrong.

Are there non-technological assumptions that we’re making about Safe that could similarly turn out to be wrong? If these markets are more receptive to certain social/economic strategies, does it make sense to go in the opposite direction? Wouldn’t it make more sense to be neutral and very simple in terms of social/economic strategy (like bitcoin)?

1 Like

Filecoin has raised a lot of capital but it isn’t successful, and it’s hard to imagine how it can be right now. Check back in three years maybe.

1 Like

I was just in the TradingView chat and people were talking about FIL and HBAR and so I’d ask them some questions and wouldn’t you know it, they barely know anything about it and what they did know or hear about it not being perfect they actually didn’t care for but were happy with the returns.

Needless to say I pointed them towards the primer and they were kind and appreciative! Hope they end up popping in.

Dan Held has been talking about a mass cryptocurrency extinction event and I tended to brush that off. But something tells me that bitcoin and projects with real utility might be the only ones to survive the next bear market. People are not loyal to these projects and if they are not useful and end up leaving tons of people holding the bags then I just don’t think most projects would make it. The corrections in alts will be enough to make everyone puke.

So I’d say buckle your seatbelts but most importantly, don’t forget to take some gains and buckle down and build, use, run a node etc for the Safe Network so it shines in its utility.

7 Likes

Don’t you remember the GCC of 2023?

1 Like

Ah yes I do remember the future, haha.
I’m convinced. Time travel is real!

Looks like they fix the high storage price even the new ATH of FIL.

Total storage: 3.724EiB
Total stored: 6.0628 PiB

Live 30sec epoch price per GiB:
4762070.558042478 attoFIL
24h = 2880epoch
13 714 761 600 attoFIL per 24h/GiB
30days
411 442 848 000 attoFIL per GiB
30days
0,000000411442848 FIL per GiB (1 FIL = 10^18 attoFIL)
1 FIL = $125
30days
$0,000051430356 per GiB = 261times less expensive than AWS

For last 14 days: add storage 291PiB
For last 14 days: stored 0.9917PiB

1 Like

Apparently Skynet is seeing some increase in use.
I don’t really know or follow though.

2 Likes

It actually doesn’t matter what marketing approach will be used first. The thing that SN should do is to shout out that it exists. It just needs a few different apps to be functional and to show how everybody can be paid for using it. A simple browser and a chat room will be good enough to start showing that it works and it works privately, freely, unstoppable and uncensored by a central authority. The price of the token is irrelevant. The vast majority of the people are going to be sick of being traders very very soon since everything else forces them to be as such. If SN can demonstrate total freedom in every aspect of life, this is what people will love and embrace. Give them the platform, and they will orient and arrange themselves naturally. Don’t push in any direction, just show them THE NEW INTERNET OF FREEDOM… Information, access to it, P2P availability, and ownership of all of it. What else the internet is for??

9 Likes

Today I noticed filecoin at 4.102 EiB.

0-1 EiB after 87 days
1-2 EiB after 58 days
2-3 EiB after 45 days
3-4 EiB after ~35 days

8 Likes

They keep same attoFIL price per GiB. Looks like coordinate movement.

Total storage: 4.163EiB
Total stored: 7.7102 PiB

Live 30sec epoch price per GiB:
4762070.558042478 attoFIL
30days
0.0000004114428962148701 FIL per GiB (1 FIL = 10^18 attoFIL)
1 FIL = $170
30days
$0,00006990415 per GiB = 192times less expensive than AWS

For last 14 days: add storage 449PiB
For last 14 days: stored 1.6PiB

1 Like

Chia went live with their mainnet about a month ago (17th March 2021)

Some stats (from https://www.chiastatus.com/)

Netspace: 309.7 PiB
Power consumption: 466 kW
Full node size: 908.7 MiB

5 Likes

Probably time to reach out to Wikipedia with a heads up.

… there are many YouTube creators getting more and more upset with YouTube.

… Safegit… who’s going to bother to migrate to another ‘safenet’ once they have storage forever.

… Somewhere, lost in the history in the posts of this forum we have discussed and prepared for this day.

2 Likes

Some more stats on https://www.chiaexplorer.com/top-addresses

Top pool estimated space: 15,453.51 TiB
Estimated XCH per TiB per day: 0.03
Unique Address Count: 4082
Full Node Count: Somewhere between 5325 and 8411, chart is hard to read
Balance of top non-chia address: 21,874 XCH
Total XCH: 21,251,688
Coin Count: 251,690 (not sure how this differs from Total XCH, maybe non-premined coins?)

Interesting that chia is not on coinmarketcap, presumably not on any exchanges either.

The richest two addresses are listed as Chia Network and have the label ‘prefarm’, not sure what the story is for these but probably could find out with some digging.

3 Likes

That is curious, I wonder if they have an alternative plan here?

2 Likes

“The Chia Network business will be the first for profit company that manages a pre-farm and we intend to be the first publicly tradable “near ETF” cryptocurrency.”

“Farming will be the only way to obtain chia/XCH until it becomes listed on digital money exchanges.”

I’m curious to see how this works out…

4 Likes

Chia is taking a new and superior approach to funding, building, and supporting a blockchain via an eventually public, for-profit, open source development company that holds a pre-farm. Chia will use its pre-farm (Strategic Reserve) to ease the volatility of the coin to mitigate bubbles and crashes and to drive adoption of chia.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

I think it must be a long game here, build “value” first, then see FIAT bridges (even via crypto) to allow cash out? Yea, brave move and one to watch. (I like brave)

6 Likes
1 Like

They copy speed of blocks from Bitcoin so to mine some Chia you have only 144 chances every day. With 330PiB Netspace there is chance to farm a block(64chia) every 2 years with your 100TiB farm. The Chia should be worth at least $50 if you would try it for profit with your brand new HDDs. I do not see why this Proof of Space and Time should be more decentralized option than PoW.

Token sale started with 21M Chia tokens for total of $53M( but not 100% sure).

Anyway if you are already Chia farmer, than there is superb easy to be big Safe network farmer at the same time. Safe network will use slowly your space and chia will use all space left, it looks like that they are not worried of some Sybil attacks, because you can add more space instantly at anytime.

Edit4: They changed the farming rules by add more blocks every day. With block every 19sec. there is 4608blocks a day and 2Chia as reward. Also you can join one of the farming pool.

2 Likes