Map of Coins - Bitcoin Alt Coins

An interactive graphic for the history of Alt Coins

example - October 2013:

1 Like

Not seeing bitshares on here.

BitShares implements a blockchain structure similar to Bitcoin

1 Like

??? No they don’t…DPOS is nothing like Bitcoin…

1 Like

Dpos, Pos or Pow is the method of securing the network and achieving distributed consensus, but both, Bitshares and Bitcoin, use blockchain, Maidsafe not.

And Dpos, for a lover of decentralization, is an aberration.

The Bitshares Wiki states:

BitShares implements a blockchain structure similar to Bitcoin

They use a Blockchain, but they dont make it clear if any of the code came from the Bitcoin project…vague from the outset I would suggest.

you think SAFE will evolve like this over time?

Possibly but it would be kind of odd to have as many internets as we have cryptocurrencies right now.

1 Like

Disagree with you there. You don’t have to be a lover of decentralization to be aware that economies of scale is a very real thing. Furthermore when economies of scale is achieved in a decentralized manner, then I think your argument falls apart on its face.

1 Like

Economies of scale is a euphemism for failure: “If you cant prevent the concentration, join her”.

I do not blame Bitshares, the real concerns comes from the existence of the blockchain which is ultimately responsible for this problem. That is why Maidsafe is infinitely superior to blockchain based solutions.

I’m not so sure. It remains to be seen whether or not MaidSafe will be successful at all. I think that a lot of the core concept are fundamentally good, but the problems lie in the details. That is where my concerns lie. As for economies of scale being a euphemism for failure…I don’t think I agree with that either. Its so much more complicated than that. But you are free to have your opinions. And I shall have mine.