Make error building on Ubuntu 14.04

Help! I’m getting the following error when running make on the code in the build_maidsafe directory. Am I missing a dependency?
CMake Error at /home/vijayee/Workspace/src/github.com/maidsafe/build_maidsafe/boost_1_57_0/src/boost_system-stamp/boost_system-build.cmake:16 (message):
Command failed: 1

‘/home/vijayee/Workspace/src/github.com/maidsafe/build_maidsafe/boost_1_57_0_GNU_4_8_2/b2’ ‘link=static’ ‘threading=multi’ ‘runtime-link=shared’ ‘–build-dir=Build’ ‘stage’ ‘-d+2’ ‘–hash’ ‘–layout=tagged’ ‘-sNO_BZIP2=1’ ‘variant=release’ ‘cxxflags=-fPIC’ ‘cxxflags=-std=c++11’ ‘toolset=gcc-4.8.2’ ‘–with-system’

See also

/home/vijayee/Workspace/src/github.com/maidsafe/build_maidsafe/boost_1_57_0/src/boost_system-stamp/boost_system-build-*.log

make[2]: *** [boost_1_57_0/src/boost_system-stamp/boost_system-build] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/third_party_libs/CMakeFiles/boost_system.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

1 Like

Yes we are aware of it, a couple of our own guys have been caught by this. It was a ‘fix’ for Arch linux that has caused this. It should be in stream for a fix and test. There is a patch for this. I will ask the guys to post it

1 Like

Thanks @dirvine. I’m glad I don’t have to chalk this one up to my own ineptitude. I haven’t done anything in C++ for years.

2 Likes

No worries, if you reverse this patch it will work :slight_smile: sorry for the hassle Bugfix provided by Jonathan Conley for compilation of Boost with GCC … · maidsafe-archive/MaidSafe@a53c035 · GitHub

EHRMAGAUD @dirvine I can haz MAIDSAFE MUAUAHAH. Thanks, I got a local network up and running. Now to figure out this api…

2 Likes

Given the busy times, we reverted this patch in favour of Ubuntu to have CI running correctly. I’m very sorry for the Arch Linux guys, but we are not forgetting your patch, it just needs minor refinement and checking on all platforms, specifically Arch Linux.

The new ticket to fix Arch Linux Boost CMake is here

https://maidsafe.atlassian.net/browse/MAID-851

1 Like