Maidsafecoin vs safecoin and prices are different

Hi,

I’m also new to maidsafe and cryptocoins in general. I was looking at the prices of coins and came accross this:

I thought that 1 maidsafecoin will be equal to 1 safecoin, but the two above links say otherwise. I also though safecoin doesn’t already exist.

Is this safecoin something seperate from maidsafe just with the same name?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. The second one has nothing to do with Maidsafe. So you should look at MAID. And when Safecoin on the SAFE Network is implemented one could switch the one for the other. Maybe it should be called SAFEcoin or something. Who knows.

2 Likes

@christhedon welcome to the forum.

10+ for you that you ask about that coin difference and that you noticed.

Not to overload you right away, but did you try out the Alpha Release of the SAFE Network?

1 Like

Thanks both. I guess the name for SFE could be a coincidence. I had downloaded the alpha release, but not tried it. As a side note the funding on bnkforthefuture, will people that fund it get maidsafecoins/safecoins in return?

You’ll be investing in equity this time around.

See here how to install and get up and running with the Alpha release, if you have question please ask. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now the question becomes was maidsafe’s safecoin or this one announced first.

@19eddyjohn75 I’ve tried the demo now, which seems fairly easy to install. A few random thoughts whilst I was doing it:

1. Its simple to set-up (especially compared to setting up say a wallet for some recent crypto-currency). Having said that I have some technical knowledge, so the separate launcher and demo may confuse people as well the proxy stuff.
  2. Shame the demo doesn’t include a browser, but I guess using the proxy isn’t the end of the world and I guess people will want to see things in their normal browser, I just felt less comfortable having my PC using the proxy by default.
  3. Copy and paste would be good from the UI
  4. It was slow to upload files and to browse a simple website
  5. Would have been good to see the functionality of me offering my resource and getting coins for sharing resource
  6. I was curious to see how many chunks my 10MB file was split into
  7. Probably integration onto windows (like dropbox) would be good

Thanks,

Chris

3 Likes