MAIDsafecoin, Price and Trading topic (Closed)

If it ever comes to sleeping in vans, lmk. I got all the advice on building cots, solar panel systems, the works :slight_smile: #SFStartupLife

1 Like

IMO MaidSafe was damaged; because those funds duped away from MaidSafe are going into: “storing the whole world in a single hash”
so sad…

4 Likes

That kind of nonsense sickens me. Integrity seems like just a myth now.

Mark me down if you guys start interviewing… did I mention my wife makes delicious food? :wink:

6 Likes

Im pretty sure some in the community would be happy to fund at least 1 more dev :wink: throw a wallet address out there. If we want faster progress let’s help a little!

8 Likes

isn’t MaidSafe Foundation a charity; btw I’m pretty sure can make a donation idk how it works exactly maybe there is some way? isn;t it possible to make tax deductible donations there?

3 Likes

Might be a good way to test the idea of Investing in People. What do you think?

Edit: Seriously, do developers receive maidsafe/safe coins for completing stories? If so it might really work. We pay them liquidatable coins and they pass a good portion of those precious safecoins to those that funded them…

4 Likes

wow wow wow guys. I was joking let’s not all jump into hiring me all at once. :wink:

EDIT: Not really joking. Hire me. I will make MAID safe great again.

EDIT EDIT: Here’s an idea guys let’s start a crowd fund using my “cl0ck3d” coins and BTC for MAIDsafe at a 40% discount. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Id say it perhaps needs its own topic. See how much interest there is for a community sponsored dev? Worth a try.

1 Like

Yep - I say if someone (@cl0ck3d ;)) is serious about trying it, they should take the lead on this. Use the idea, customize it however you wish. Show us your resume and a contract, work out some details with @dirvine and folks and see if the community supports the endeavor. I would put a little towards the right person for sure. Even if we didn’t receive anything, helping out and adding one more knowledgeable/skilled worker to the network and into the code would be great IMHO.

1 Like

Who’s the genius who though of that 40% discount ? It made the whole project look like an overpriced joke with no fundamental value.

Let’s see him contribute a lil bit to SAFE codebase.

Once that hurdle is crossed and approved by the core team, I’ll send some coins

Haven’t read this thread for several weeks, just thought I would mention that I’m picking up some MAID on the cheap right now. Slowly increasing my holdings. Worked with Bitcoin, and this is way better.

6 Likes

Is this seriously your opinion, because I never heard that said anywhere else?

2 Likes

guys, about the dev thing, aussie human here( or as my fellow aussies say from “down under”). I am willing do a monthly contribution here to a dev interviewed by maidsafe and respectable community developers until such a time as maidsafe raise some more cash…

Not sure how much yet, but if 50 of us can afford 100 Aussie bucks a month, that may be something.

2 Likes

Besides the funding channels being pursued at the present, I’d favor a Crowdsale with an SD coin issued by Maidsafe.

By that, I mean we are starting to see some worthwhile projects on here, being financed due to trust in the underlying technology i.e SAFE.

Surely Maidsafe have some Apps in the drawer that they know will be feasible once this thing goes live. So monetize one in advance via Crowdsale, bring in Devs to learn the ropes and contribute towards roll out…then after launch their ready to branch off into the Crowdfunded Project fully trained.

I’d like the chance to invest in Maidsafe, those guys are the brainstrust…it’s not gonna happen via a share offering (I think) so why not monetize your IP with a coin, when you could use the resources.

If Maidsafe have Apps in the drawer they need to get out front with them anyhow…the market very much favors first out the gate if the products solid.

6 Likes

Great idea @chrisfostertv that would actually be the best approach. Look at how decorum did - likely now @seneca has a war chest for 2 to 3 years maybe more for 2 developers that are also picking up rust and safe protocol along the way. A bonus would be if btc goes up massively too then they can wait for maidcoin to catch up.

This should likely be a topic somewhere else for us to contribute and think up ideas. I was kind of hoping that omnicoins(mastercoins) become super useful in value by now and help bring the loss to maidsafe back into balance but I am not sure how much work is going into that platform and I think it will likely be superseded by the likes of safex soon.

1 Like

The bonus scheme was modelled on the original Mastercoin crowd sale, I believe that they were the percentages they had used.

2 Likes

These are some great ideas being floated here @chrisfostertv . Are the funding channels being pursued by Maidsafe insufficient? Its admirable the community wants to step and support a dev or two but is it realistic and sustainable? Would a separate coin not impact/ dilute the current MS coin and private share value? What am I missing?

1 Like

This is a good question. I wasn’t aware of any immediate funding issues and if there aren’t, this isn’t the sort of rumour that needs starting.

@nicklambert, could you confirm the status on this and put minds at rest, please?

no mention of funding issues, all I see is a push to grow the team. no budget is endless or open ended.

5 Likes