MAIDsafecoin, Price and Trading topic (Closed)

The wall is gone now… Price drop

Traders will trade and idiots will keep falling for their bait. Safenet is fine. Price does not reflect value. Let’s be patient and hold.

5 Likes

What’s your personal opinion on the current value of 1 MAID?

Is the pre-MVP not up to par? Is the upside of the working network too much not to get involved?

I think there is no way to decide true value because of bots and manipulation and trader priorities in dollar terms. The price will just keep being moved up and down. My interest is in sticking with a project that will change everything. I leave the trading to others and try not to let their propaganda scare me. The pre MVP has been a great success so far IMHO and I’m happy to leave release of MVP to the devs. I’m sure they have enough self generated pressure and don’t need more from me. Of course, I’d love to arrive at a time when I can be sure I have a nice stash of valuable Safecoins that will remain valuable but traders may have other ideas. Just the way it is from where I’m sitting. Hoping for a day when the value of a Safecoin will be directly related to the usefulness of Safenet. Obviously, I’m not a trader or big player. Just a minnow :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

short term value … depends on how much is pumped and how much is dumped

medium term value … 0.5 to 1USD

long term value … to the moon.

lol

5 Likes

It’s based on the gets.

If we speculate 1safecoin = 1gb, then…

3 Likes

Farmers give the network information on the safecoin per GB by supplying or withdrawing storage space depending on what the network is currently offering (safecoin per GB). if the network needs more storage then it increases the safecoin it pays to farmers and that signals farmers to provide more storage.

But the value of SafeCoin is indeterminate from that information. It’s not linked to the value of storage space it’s linked to the value that people ascribe to SafeCoin - if the coin is popular and hence has a high value (globally) then farmers will provide more storage for less coin, yet not less value from the network.

The value given to farmers per GB (by the network) will always be related to the cost that farmers have to pay in value. But the value of Safecoin itself floats completely freely based on global use and perception.

4 Likes

Current value of 1 Maid the token is $0 (zero dollar) because nothing substantial except trading is done with it. Every price above $0 is a bonus, if you ask me. As a long term holder of Maid I would be more interested in what other markets besides trading will Maid serve, partially or whole, in the future when Safe Network including Safecoin (being the follow up coin of the Maid token) is live and kicking.

I would be very interested what you guys think. I’ve used VisualCapitalist to check a few figures:

1 Like

This MAID token is worth what people think it is worth whenever they buy or sell it .

Investors put their Money on it because it represents a potential , and the course of
actions financed do back a vision , a mission , a kind of movement into the future :ant:

The current value is the appreciation of all comprehensive features and premises
balanced against sentiments and calculations of risk versus possible benefit & profit .

MAID stands around 10 cents of a USD Dollar right now , being traded in all kind of amounts , including pretty big chunks ( hundreds & even 1000 BTC trades ) for what this might be and become in the actually emerging cryptographic programming market place , that acts as a huge decentralised creative hub already buzzing 24/7/365 .

The vision each one has is the limit of what one can imagine to become a reality ,
personally , I think it is only wise to think great and within value sets that matter ,
SAFE , the Decentralised Network , platform for Distributed Apps , Computing ,
Hosting , Transacting in its native token safecoin and all other possible features ,
all that , means there is a culture and art behind each realm , and that has value .

We already have a Community , from here a population of creators and users gets enlightened and grows into a vast diversity . Therefore , in the general vision of meaningful activities going on in this fraction of society and mankind , I think it is utterly wrong to think a Token of this kind has $0 USD Value , and that is , to be more precise , largely because I am quite sure we shouldn’t leave out the values after the dot : $0.2 USD = 0.00024 BTC or 24000 satoshis … — doesn’t seem to be nothing :wink:

Is One Satoshi a value we believe in ?

And is it with any other Satoshi amount above 1 , 1000 , 10000 , 22k sats and counting not the same ?

Some people and applications are so precise that they even trade sub satoshi amounts with utmost care , precision , and carry :ant:

Being part of this opportunity and movement is a privilege and honour , sharing and developing a larger vision that often overlaps and creates patterns of valuable interaction indicates clearly that the importance of this is going well beyond the concepts of numbers or trades for these numbers , we are touching much deeper and intrinsic values and concepts with a paradigm shift in the powers of communication and culture that enables many more people to have their stand and own it , individually and·or socially .

This token might be representing more than each one of us can envision by thinking around each tree in the forest , and if you don’t believe me , follow the wisest of the ants heading for its hive :ant: You may not know where it is … until you come across . It happens with ideas as it happens with :ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant:'s

5 Likes

@Powersign

Maybe better to ask what it’s worth to you at this point in time, what your expectations are, and how you perceive the risk/reward gamble, rather than looking at where the market stands. Then factor price and quantity at a level you’re happy with. Then wait and see if you made a good choice. :wink:

I would have bought a few at $1+per coin in theory because I expect it to be the third digital currency to pass $1bn and I expect that to happen towards the end of this year or early next year. I also think it’s a great project to support from an ethical pov. At under $0.02c I blew my wad on it ;-p

Where do you expect it to go, what do you think is a fair price based on that expectation and how much is a good gamble at that price for you? Accounting for the not inconsiderable risks involved ofc.

4 Likes

Well, let’s friendly agree we friendly disagree here. Friendly, because we are debating and sharing opinions here as friends. And I wouldn’t want it any other way.

That said, for the moment I compare the Maid token to a grain of sand. There’s a lot of them, but it’s hardly useful. What we project in the current price determination of Maid is a hope, an expectation, a future use case that might happen if all goes well. But that doesn’t change the fact that NOW there is no serious use case, except trading with people that are willing to buy my Maid, or sell me Maid if I was a buyer. I’ve been a buyer only so far, for who cares to know. So, we could set up trading with grains of sand also, and put the price of 1 grain of sand to 10 cents. It would be very ridiculous, I know. But let’s be honest, putting a price of 10 cents to 1 Maid token now, is just as ridiculous.

Another note I want to express here, if you don’t mind. The moment I invested my money in MaidSafe at the time of the IPO/crowdfunding, I was hoping that the money would be used wisely and for the benefit of the Safe Network only. I was also hoping that the Maid tokens I got back then, would give me a head start the moment Safe Network would Go Live. Both seem to happen; the money is very wisely spend as far as I can see, and with a slowly rising price of Maid overall, I’m going to have a serious head start on the Safe Network, compared to people buying Maid/Safecoin at a later moment. So please don’t think I’m unhappy with a current price above $0 lol! But to be fair, I still think any price above $0 is thin air and based on projected hope…

3 Likes

I’ve given that a thought. A starting point for me was that website that I linked earlier: http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/ and in my opinion, ultimately Safecoin could replace all coins and banknotes of the world. That would be an estimated amount of $5 trillion stored in Safecoins. That’s $5,000,000,000,000 which would make 1 Safecoin roughly worth $1,100. Here I’m presuming all Safecoins are in use; now we only see 10% of them represented in the Maid token, if I’m right. With all these zeros to take into consideration I hope I’m not making a mistake here lol!

2 Likes

If Safecoin reaches Alphabet/Google’s market cap, then Safecoin would be about $100 per coin.

3 Likes

thats crazy man, there will be 4.500.000.000 coins aproxymatly, x100 450.000.000.000 dolars in safes, i see that almost imposible

the is 5 billion, not trillion i think

It’s all relative anyway. Chances are we’ll see some serious hyper inflation at some point in the next few years. Fiat currencies look like they might crash like dominoes. We could see currencies collapse and all people want is assets like crypto coins. If the dollar becomes almost worthless then one safecoin could conceivably be worth $100k+, but still only be worth 0.00004 BTC, but maybe that tiny amount of btc will buy you a week’s rent ;). Who knows where this whole mess ends up? I like safecoins chances though, it is a recipe for success imo.

1 SafeCoin = 100 loaves of cheap, sliced, white bread by 2020 :wink:

5 Likes

On that page, Bitcoin is valued at $5 billion, all coins and banknotes on the world are valued at $5 trillion. These figures are from December 2015, if I remember well. In my humble opinion, Safecoin has a better chance to play the role that Bitcoin is currently trying to play: Internet cash. Anonymous, fast, reliable. Bitcoin will most likely play the role of gold in the end: a rather stable store of wealth. And looking at that page again at the gold value, Bitcoin too has a lot of room to grow still.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that halving will happen, and historically the rise in price happened after the halving took place. and not the months leading up to halving.

4 Likes

i ment there is 5 billion safecoins in total aproximatly, not the value in dollars, and about the safecoins, in this moment ethereum looks like the best option of money to the internet, y hope it will be MAID, but i dont believe it

@leonmeitor It will take a long long time for the full amount of Safecoins to become available. The amount of Safe that will be available once MVP is released will be the exact same amount of MAID that is also currently available, which is 452,552,412 MAID which is 15% of all the MAID/SAFE that there will ever be. 5% of MAID is for the initial founders/investors of Maidsafe going back 10yrs now and the other 10% was made available to purchase by the public during the initial sale. No more have been produced since, nor will they until MVP.

The remaining 75%, which will only be available after the switch to SAFE from MAID (which will happen when the MVP is finally released) which be harder to obtain as it will initially have to be farmed first, or will be gained by people producing apps/sites/content/stuff in the future.

If any of the above is incorrect, I hope someone can correct me. I have written it as I currently understand the MAID>SAFE switch/amount of coins.

I personally see the price for MAID/SAFE to rise by quite a bit in the near future, and will remain fairly steady once it reaches it’s floor which should be in the $2-5 USD range. (from a traders view) However, most people will see that the true value of SAFE lies in the Safe network itself and not in the price of the coin; so many users will hopefully decide to keep the majority of their holdings for actual use on the network.

2 Likes