MAIDsafecoin, Price and Trading topic (Closed)

@prophetx no idea what happens in short term, yet as they say screenshot or it didnt happen:

(closed most around 9k)
My feelings just have always been that there’s a fair price for MAID, and it was definitely not 5000 satoshis, sometimes in life you get lucky. And I’m glad you had a good feeling and saved yourself there :wink:

1 Like

for example someone just transfered 1.5MM MAID to polo 3.5 hours ago… that might explain the big dump on the 5min chart of 1.8MM

http://omnichest.info/lookuptx.aspx?txid=dda98f149517ce46f356e2e88bae2b40f132f6f6ae845e2a7b08696444ea981d

of course you can never be sure but the correlation is there now twice

2 Likes

Yes it’s a rare occasion I think if someone is depositing maid to buy more maid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

that would be a very quick way to lose your stash.

for example if you have 1000 btc worth of MAID, and you buy another 1500 btc worth. if someone comes in and crashes the market 40%, you get liquidated

exactly, except not at 5000 satoshi

@prophetx i’d say the connection between the 1.5MM and the sell ~3.5h ago might be right :smiley: was the same guy that dumped the 4MM :wink:

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1MXwqP1NR2uT2niMMXCb9SuGNeMQ57gFgp

2 Likes

lol didnt realize it was the same account!!! :joy:

1 Like

yeah and i think long-term it is a good thing he sold that many coins :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

If one by one people sold their maids today, and were bought at these prices by buyers next thing that would happen is the price would rise from there, since rarely anyone would sell at a loss

So its Omni selling?

2 Likes

well if you look at this addy you can see MAID coming into it from 1Master which is the mastercoin exodus address, and then going to 1Polo which is the hot wallet for the exchange

If I were Maidsafe I would dump all their Mastercoins in return favor.

Selling off slowly works great if you expect the price to continue rising. The seller obviously felt it had gone as far as he expected it to go until there are more developments and has put his/her money where they expect greater growth.

1 Like

sure… that’s one way to put it… let’s say you are Tim Draper and think bitcoin doesn’t have much growth rate left for the next couple years. Say you like Ethereum, do you place the 150k BTC on polo you own (actually i dont know the exact amount but its about 1.1% the same as the 5MM MAID) and just buy all the Eth on the order book in one fell swoop?

doesn’t seem rational for maximizing profit does it?

for large blocks like that there are offline markets as well.

3 Likes

likewise, if you bought maidsafecoin with mastercoin, and would gladly sell at 5000 satoshi, whatever you got left would you also sell at 18000 satoshi? definitely.

I think the price rises definitely help bring out the dump, so definitely be cautious on the rises, and look out for those maidsafecoin deposits as harbingers to the inevitable drops…

it takes 10 confirmations to get into the exchange so you can be well prepared for it

lol don’t worry i’m taking advantage of the information. bummer i missed that big one, i would have placed my orders much lower for insane profit.

It’s not maximising profits on the sale but if you think the loss on profit will be offset by taking a position in the other market (Ethereum) quickly, then they may have felt it worth it. When you’re in that deep it’s difficult to get out at market prices. Point taken on the offline market. It would have made more sense but maybe they thought by the time that was organised the spot price would be down 50% anyway. Look at what happened to ether after its launch bubble. It retraced and was actually below it’s ICO price for a few weeks.

I think the only logical explanation is is that the investor is not as bullish about Maidsafe as he was. Do you think Ethereum beginning to work on Swarm is a factor?

maid too has been trading below the ICO price for quite some time before the rise now and also in the 2014 year

BTW, although it’s information, it’s not perfect information. Someone has moved 1.2m ETH to Poloniex but not done a thing with it. Spooked the market until the Microsoft announcement today but none of it has gone on the orderbook.

you can see who puts trades on the order book, as in where they came from? what if it 1.2 ethere sold at a time?