MAIDsafecoin, Price and Trading topic (Closed)

Nothing is “worth” anything in some other coin or commodity, until it has been converted to that other coin or commodity. Worth remembering :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Well… I am.

I am also a stay-at-home parent so I get to spend a lot of time with my boy. I say ‘part-time’ because I only spend 3-4 hours a day on polo, but aside from other investment/passive income, trading is what supports the family and has done for the last 18 months.

I was a full time poker player for 15 years (not very high stakes or anything) before my decentralist, voluntaryist, anarchistic tendencies led me into crypto and I realised I could combine my two passions by getting involved in this space. I am obviously a bit obsessed by game theory and gambling as well as anti-dominionist philosophy, but I am not rare on polo… most of the regs I know on there make a killing (according to them) and it is a fairly easy way to make pretty good money imo.

I think you definitely underestimate the potential…

@ happybeing - yes, bird in the hand 'n all that. If you’re trying to live off it you have to settle back into spendable currency (fiat or btc), not count up notional gains imagining they will continue to grow. There’s a big difference between investing and trading and it’s best to keep the two things completely separate imo.

Maid is my only true investment, everything else is speculation to pay the bills.

3 Likes

Will MAID coin determine SAFECOIN’s opening price?

2 Likes

maid will be exchanged 1:1 to safecoin - so yes I’m pretty confident it will

https://safenetwork.wiki/en/FAQ#How_can_I_buy_safecoins.3F <<< here we go with a link “MaidSafeCoins will be exchanged 1:1 to safecoins once the SAFE Network goes live” =)

3 Likes

As riddim said.

But to add I am sure that within a very short time there will be people wanting to test the then working SAFE network who need coins and the price should rise from MAID’s last price. At least for a little while.

3 Likes

Fair nuff. I just have not seen with my own two eyes and there are a lot of full of shit ppl out there.

Check out the trollbox on polo. Its the same old faces day in day out. I think crypto day trading is providing a full time income for many people. The volume is growing on polo making it a worthwhile way to make money, i trade btc using haasbot, and also speculate on polo and bittrex as a full time living. I’m not rich by any means but have more money on the exchanges than most people i know have in their bank account working a full time job.

2 Likes

Interesting theory.

I claim the opposite will happen: in weeks before SAFE goes live, the price of MAID will start nosediving from whatever level it finds itself at. (Which may be a significantly higher level than now - I am open to that possibility).

I was talking of after it goes live and of SAFEcoin. Just at the transition

You’re talking of before it goes live and actually you may be right about MAID before exchange to SAFEcoin

1 Like

goingdeep - absolutely! I disclaimed knowing what people really make because most claims are probably exaggerations from young guys swinging their winkles in the wind. As New-Rumour says though, there is quite a lot changing hands and some of us are making a pretty reasonable living on the side.

Neo/Janitor - Yes, lots of people probably won’t want to bother changing their maids for safecoin (even if it is a 2 minute job) and will just sell before change over. I reckon we’ll get up to 18k’ish with mvp, then drop back to 14k ish before the changeover. Not that it matters really unless you’re selling before safecoin.

MAID Nosediving approaching launch? I wouldn’t bet on it, unless I’d sold my stash at the lows a month or so back :wink:

4 Likes

You can bet me $10 that it won’t nosedive, then. We’d have to define what “nosedive” means, but let’s say it means “to lose 50% or more value in BTC in 2 months prior to MAID=>SAFE conversion becoming possible” (which would be the day of the launch, or maybe a bit sooner).

1 Like

Janitor continues to wait for 0.00002sat =)))))

3 Likes

I believe the opposite is true at least for short term speculation.
The amount of MAID will decrease because people will convert to SAFECOIN so the supply of MAID being lower will lead to an increase in price, given that the demand will be the same, or higher(much more likely).
This is inter-correlated to the speed with which exchagnes add SAFECOIN trading, but for 1-2 weeks before SAFECOIN integration I think the price of MAID will increase.

4 Likes

Interesting hypothesis and food for thought.

We’ll find out soon enough I guess. I’d never considered the changeover as anything other than hassle that would decrease demand, but I suppose your point does make some sense.

2 Likes
  • As people convert to SAFECOIN - and presumably that won’t even be possible until SAFECOIN can be issued, i.e. after a production level stability is achieved - the value of MAID and SAFECOIN will be identical
  • At the same time, Safex and probably Polo will have parity pricing for MAID and SAFECOIN
  • MAID/BTC won’t increase, it can only remain the same or lower due to this conversion
  • It could increase for other reasons (e.g. people getting more upbeat about the SAFE network, etc.), but that’s a separate set of factors.

If anyone wants to bet, I got $30 to spend on this (in BTC) so pick one of forum mods and park your bet amount with them. I can take on 3 optimists.

4 Likes

I see three really interesting key points in the future of safecoin that make me want to hold a large amount of it for a long time.

The first is obvious, the alpha launch will create a buzz and even before we have any killer dapps the coin will surge in value once the technology is proven. It is easy to get evangelical about SAFE once you understand it and most of the criticisms I hear are that it won’t work on a technical level, so once that barrier is removed I think the masses will migrate in droves creating another modestly-sized bubble.

The second key point I’m keen to witness is the impact of an unregulated peer-to-peer maketplace and all that that entails (wink wink). I’m pretty sure the original version of this had a big impact on the btc price in 2013.

The third really interesting time will be when all 4.3bn safecoins have been farmed and the supply isn’t keeping up with demand. One would have to assume some network effect had already taken hold to get this far, so this could really see it shoot up if we all suddenly want to use them to buy all kinds of good and services and demand is suddenly far out-pacing supply.

I see each of these points and great opportunities for big factoral returns, although there are obviously more (like commercial adoption, economic collapse etc), I’m just really curious to see how those three moments in time play out.

The really good bit about all this is that if we win as investors and developers, it means safecoin is becoming ubiquitous and safenetwork has indeed provided secure access for everyone… mission accomplished, you saved the world, we supported the cause, helped where we could and can feel ok about having a big bag of money to spread around new, world-changing and life-saving projects :).

5 Likes

Found these maidsafecoin analysis posts that y’all might appreciate. Interesting to read. There’s two so far, probably more to come: http://themerkle.com/technicalanalysis-tacoin/maidsafe/

6 Likes

I was going to post a new thread for this, which could actually be welcoming—since this thread and other Safecoin threads have somehow fallen out of sight/mind despite the price surging, lol. But I don’t want to possibly encourage further (by making this a new topic) the laziness that the following implies:

Will Poloniex convert people’s Maidsafecoin into Safecoin?

The safest chance to preserve one’s coins is to move them to cold storage. Although…

To some people, maybe it almost feels safer, or more comforting to leave Maidsafecoin in the hands of a pretty trustworthy website, which also handily displays the coin amount.

On top of that, since it’s a service that could inevitably happen regardless: letting this possibility be known leaves people to speculate further about the price/economy, and all that, of this digital coin.

Would it actually cause the price to be more stable and less jarring (both at the time of the conversion, and the anticipation leading up to it), to know that a major exchange is going to do all of that work? (So people will not be pulling all of their MAID off the exchange, just to do this. And then put it right back!)

Is it even physically possible for them to host the eventual release of the actual Safecoin, on their website, for the purpose of being able to trade it with the rest of their cryptocurrencies?

It would require Poloniex to have an entirely different section of their website devoted to informing people about the conversion, possibly charging a small fee as well. (A fee could be a deterrent for absolute, pure laziness. Although: there’s that “worry” of the price fluctuating solely because of people’s personal conversions, anyway, so laziness isn’t exactly a prime concern here. Though, the price might do crazy flips regardless of this service.)

Anyway I had more ingenuity/imagination on this topic, but I lost touch with it days ago before posting this here; and I should be heading back to bed. So here’s a basic shell of my thoughts on this matter.

1 Like

It is almost a certainty since they have already asked in this forum when the conversion is to be announced so they could prepare.

They will most likely simply freeze MAID deposits/withdrawals at a certain date (announced obviously) and send their stock of MAID to be converted and once the conversion is done the name will change to SAFE and withdrawals will be to a safe account and deposits from a safe account.

2 Likes