MaidSafeCoin (MAID) to be Listed on P2PB2B!

I’m waiting for funds to transfer. I will fill my part of the bargain after complaining for 2 years.

6 Likes

I’m a couple thousand $ of the buy volume today. I’m hanging around seeing what kind of action the exchange gets before I commit any more. The seller liquidity is so low, it’s hard to get traction.

5 Likes

They will get plenty of volume if it goes to $3 and No other US exchange

3 Likes

I’ve got to say P2P is an odd interface… I can’t seem to find a way to place market orders. Am I missing something? Must I pick an individual bid/ask and match it exactly? Can’t find a help menu or any videos online. lol

3 Likes

I couldn’t find a way to put in market orders, either. I just put in my bid and waited for sellers to fulfill at my bid price. There aren’t enough asks to be fruitful right now, so I think you just need to place your bid and wait for a seller to accept your price.

2 Likes

My first order just cleared :ok_hand:

8 Likes

The API that cmc uses is currently active. Cmc should pick up on that within 24 hours. If not, I’ll have p2pb2b notify them manually.

6 Likes

I put in a high-ball sell order in USDT. Happy to be able to do that. I have some idea what amount I would like to sell in terms of FIAT money, but I have not wanted to put in any orders before, because there was no pair with stable currency. I would hate to lose my MAID due to some random swing of BTC.

Now I just hope that some American buys my order. If this exchange starts to get traction, I’m planning to do all my selling here, just to give access to Americans. Might get better prices too.

7 Likes

Just reached out to Coingecko and CMC. Coingecko already replied that they are now tracking Maid. CMC usually does within 24 hours.

Additionally, I’m now trying to get them to lower the MAID withdrawal fee again. For your reference, they initial had the withdrawal fee set at 50 MAID, I already got it down 50%. Not sure if I’ll manage to get it down more, but I’ll try.

20 Likes

I also bought some BTC with CC, works fine.

Just to let you know that there are many Americans like myself who have been here from very near the beginning and that accumulated their bags of MAID many years ago. While it is unfortunate that we were unable to purchase additional coins at historically low prices (while there were no US exchanges selling MAID), please know that we are not stupid and that we will probably refuse to pay exorbitant prices now, just because we are able to. I have a fairly large limit order to buy additional coins on p2pb2b. If it is filled, great. Otherwise, I do not mind HODLing the BTC instead. It is a win/win situation for me and I have no doubt that MAID is going to the moon. It is set to begin its long journey soon but that was too rapid a rise to the $1.20/1.30 area. There is no need for us old-timers to not be patient and we have seen this movie played many times before.

3 Likes

I think the current price ~$1 is actually undervalued. Unless one is already satisfied with one’s allocation, there’s likely a significant risk that with a successful testnet release ~$1 won’t be seen again. This, of course, isn’t financial advice—just food for thought.

1 Like

the price is relevant

I am confident that I will get my chance to buy at around the $1.00 level one last time in the next couple of days. The recent push to ATHs has already been sold and we are very close to my desired entry point. My point was just that no one should assume that all “Americans” are willing to buy at any price, just because they are now able to buy again.

I suggest a hedging your bet because saying you’ll only buy anew below X creates an all or nothing situation and a chance of missing out on very largest gains on that.

An alternative is to spread your buy orders by splitting the total you decide to speculate with, and to include some portion above the current price. Then you can’t miss out on the moon, but also benefit if there are dips.

I think that people misunderstand me. I accumulated my large stash many years ago at much, much lower prices and this most recent purchase will barely have an effect on my overall holdings. I am not missing out on anything substantive on a percentage basis. If the market affords me one more opportunity to buy a little more, I am taking it. I am certain that many on this forum and myself will be rewarded beyond our wildest imaginations when this finally plays out.

I understood that. I’m talking about the situation you are setting up not your overall position. It’s not a big deal, I’m just suggesting a strategy that is not so all or nothing.

I get it and I appreciate what you wrote. I will consider more of a laddered approach to buying levels. Thanks again.

1 Like

Good, I’m glad for you! Do you have any estimate how many of you lucky ones there are?

I think I’m watching different movie.