MaidSafeCoin (MAID) to be Listed on P2PB2B!

Does everyone who uses OMNI to send Maid have this same fee, or is it only when dealing with this one exchange?

1 Like

I ran into a similar issue with SimpleSwap, which resulted in my transaction getting stuck. I ended up having to eat the loss. I’ve avoided getting any MAID since because the liability of OMNI is too much.

5 Likes

No thats what the actual cost of the fastest possible BTC Tx is this afternoon - I should have made that clearer sorry

2 Likes

I have the same problem, try to move my coins from omnicore to a trezor and there is a warning “the sending address is low on BTC for transaccion fees” , there is 0.0025 btc in that address.

1 Like

This is the kind of problem that could easily get a lot worse.

1 Like

Yup, and this is why exchanges are dumping OMNI. Honestly, the writing has been on the wall for such a long time. It baffles me that the move wasn’t made years ago.

3 Likes

Isn’t this also a problem for Bittrex, in which case why are P2PB2B struggling with it and not Bittrex?

1 Like

Yes, the problem multiple inputs, i withdraw lots of times from exchange to my paperwallet.

1 Like

Lets be crystal clear about this - This has NOTHING to do with MAID or OMNI, this is me trying to withdraw BTC from the mendacious people at P2PB2B.

Im having to sell my precious MAID for BTC because the MAID wallet is still under “maintenance”.
This is them charging ridiculous fees to ANYBODY who wants to withdraw BTC

Same sorry shameful situation with ETH

2 Likes

You can try exchange BTC to LTC or other crypto if they show withdrawal fees.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know how BIttrex handles this. With SimpleSwap, I had to eat ~20% loss on a MAID order because of fluctuating OMNI/BTC fees. Bittrex’s CEO put me in contact with their token listing team a couple of weeks ago about relisting MAID for the US market, so I’m not about to rock that boat by asking how they manage such a low MAID fee (compared to HitBTC’s 300 MAID, I believe).

I’ll also add that given that these fees are a multi-chain problem to varying degrees (e.g. affecting BTC, ETH, etc.), I’m going to categorize this as a symptom of blockchain’s fatal flaw. Should Safe do all (or even half) of what we expect, it will truly render redundant these feeble and inefficient attempts at distributed solutions.

11 Likes

Why not just trade your BTC for XLM before moving it off to somewhere else with cheaper withdraw fees of the coin you prefer? That’s generally what I do if I find myself in these predicaments.

4 Likes

USD - MAID-, EURO-MAID pairs on Bittrex, any chance?

1 Like

Thank you, I traded all assets on P2Pb2b for LTC and moved it to Bittrex for a reasonble fee

5 Likes

Yes, thank you @Mendrit!

With the recent price drop in Bittrex (but not in P2PB2B) I traded some of my MAID into BTC, then into LTC, out of exchange and then back into MAID. Profited about 25%, so thanks to P2PB2B for holding my bags for me.

I have never really thought about trading with arbitrage, but the situation almost forced me to do so. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes