MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Because Poloniex is a struggling business with little profits and needs to shrink their outreach.

Little profits of like couple 100 btc a day :smiley:

3 Likes

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.06.07-Improving-Our-Support-Capacity/

2 Likes

Makes sense I guess. Most likely a staff resourcing issue due to the rapid expansion of crypto users.

1 Like

Bitcoin is on the front page of todayā€™s Wall Street Journal. Not sure it thatā€™s a first but all this crypto exposure has to be good for Maid.

11 Likes

And the Maid rally fizzles at the highs. It just keeps pace with BTC. Big bag holders sit on the price every time. Need some news!!

1 Like

Under promise, over deliver. People thank you for it in the long run.

8 Likes

Only in crypto are 50% gains in 2 days greeted with dispondency. When this bubble does pop, a lot of people will get a rude awakening.

What we are witnessing in altcoins now is unprecedented. It is even more nuts than the Bitcoin booms of the past, IMO. At least then, there was a clear new guy in town getting money thrown at him. Now, you can raise millions in hours, with a sharp website and a hype filled white paper. This is not normal.

I am very grateful and feel hugely lucky to be a part of this community and a witness to the birth of the safe net. It has already rewarded me handsomely and it feels like just the start of the journey.

20 Likes

Its happened before.

dot com boom bust where big money was looking for the next big thing to put money into and everyone it seemed from small to large investors bought into the dot com companies and we know what happened then. But now a decade or two later the companies that survived are worth more than all the money that went into the dot com boom. So a lot of people lost a lot of money back then and the market grew out of the ashes.

Are we seeing similar here? Dunno

The boom in MAID as far as I could see was either a whale and fomo or someone decided they needed to get their MAID holdings increased earlier than later.

And the price has been dropping since that press release. related? Dunno

Wow you are active in here! Last time I had a look at the tradings topic was 347 posts ago! Iā€™m not gonna catch up I think :wink:

1 Like

I suspect that the latest pump was related to FUD that stated falsely that Alpha 2 would be released tomorrow. I expect that by tomorrow, MAID will be trading back at 1600 or so (or will overshoot lower to the downside based upon the upside speculation and then bounce back to its normal trading range of 1600-1900).

Hope you meant 16000 and 16000-19000 :smile:

Agree with your thoughts as I also think it will be below 19000 very soon and most likely around dev update time. Not sure of the 16000 too soon though.

EDIT: hour later and its already below 18500 so my guess is lower again by dev update. In other words back to the average of the last 4 weeks.

There have been a few folks doing a lot of DD in here recently. It takes time for investors to take a close look and work out what is legit and where they should be parking their money. Iā€™ve thought to myself a couple of times that people asking intelligent questions are probably not the kind of small fry cryptophiles weā€™re used to.

It looks to me like a lot of smart money has been working its way through the most obvious projects. MAID isnā€™t at the top of anyoneā€™s list because it is still pre launch, but you can bet folks will get there eventually.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll see any significant drops from this 18-19k sats area now and this dip wonā€™t last. In fact Iā€™ll bet weā€™ll be back over 24k sats by Wednesday.

Weā€™ll see soon enough I guess :wink:

5 Likes

Not sure about 24k sats. More like 30k + :wink:

3 Likes

I thought the same regarding due diligence. Lots more questions on reddit too atm.

3 Likes

By far the most undervalued coin on Polo. No new highs on Maid/Btc since feb/march 2016. Any positions being held on margin against btc are at breakeven factoring in carry cost. We need to break the highs and then the action can begin. Otherwise, same story - every rally sold back under that resistance level. Could have made a fortune playing that interval this last year but Iā€™m a long term holderā€¦)

When the altcoin bubble burst, im sure maid will pull through right? Just like how amazon and ebay pulled through after the dot com crash.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure all the legit and use crypto will pull through quite nicely. Just the prices might be more realistic.

Since Maidsafe is not based on crypto the coin MAID will be somewhat insulated by such crashes.

4 Likes

Ok. Which annoying whale keeps dumping and dumping to crash the price down? Why not just ride the price to a dollar at least? Anybody would think they want it this low to accumulate more for the epic moon slingshot :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think they are accumulating. I thing they are big ico whales who just saw an opportunity to scoop up a huge position a few years ago and now want btc or alts and dump into every rally to convert. I really am sorry to say it but, from a trading perspective, why hold Maid when every other alt is doubling and tripling over and over? Maid needs some big news or the problems of the ico will just continue to haunt and relative market cap will continue to dropā€¦
Highly technical dev updates, no matter how promising, are
likely not very inspiring to the average investor. Perhaps someone on the forum who feels the desire could interpret them into lay language as a short synopsis? This would be very helpful to the current investor/holders for whom most of the updates are incomprehensible and to those potential investors who are interested in understanding what the work progress might mean.
Long term holder

3 Likes