MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Still a lot of downward pressure with BTC rising. Also it is coming off a 8000 low which rocketed up to 21K so it could retrace back to 10000 before going up again.

One way of hedging your “bets” is to put orders (maybe 10 or so orders) in from current price down to whatever you feel it might go to.

That way you at least get some if it doesn’t go down much more, but you gain a lot if it does.

2 Likes

Let’s look at the chart across a longer time period:

Does it seem like a good moment to buy?

5 Likes

Did you just buy up a tidy packet of MAID?

I look forward to the day when the Maid chart looks like the DASH chart right now - steady but spectacular rise with minimal retrace!)

4 Likes

Dash is a bit dodgy though. They’ve tied up so much coin with masternodes that the market cap isn’t really accurate any more - since the available supply is quite a lot lower than it says.

Besides, I could never trust a decentralised currency that markets itself and sponsors things. A means of exchange should sell itself.

I think the MAID testesafecoin and ‘live launch’ booms will make this Dash spike and even the Eth jump look pretty feeble. :wink:

Patience is a virtue. There’s a great quote that @MerkleTree pointed me to a while ago that I remind myself of and use with others regularly now…

It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I’ve known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine–that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon.” Jesse Livermore

13 Likes

It may be worth noting that he lost most of his money sitting tight while being obviously wrong about a losing cotton position. Ironic.

3 Likes

“It was never disclosed to anyone what happened to the great fortune he had made in the crash of 1929, but he had lost it all.[5] It is possible that Livermore turned prematurely bullish and bought stocks and commodities long before the market finally bottomed in the summer of 1932.”

So by the sounds of it he might well have lost it all by not listening to his own advice and acting too soon. Even more irony for you. :wink:

2 Likes

I just bought my first maidsafe’s back, maybe like him prematurely but better to start collecting bits by bits then have nothing at all.

I dont think it will go sub 10k, but that all depends on how long everything will take and what bitcoin does in the mean time, ETF soon and i think people dont stay in Btc till the last minute but they rather wanna jump the ship. maybe 7th > 11th.

But we can only wait and see what happens but the drop from 21k is already huge. like 33% in 10 days (painfull for the people get caught up in the fomo)

1 Like

Anyone noticed those Huge Maidsafe loan offers, serieusly

0.0090% 2383481.15551484 2-30 Days
0.0100% 6846687.36778596 2-30 Days

Who would risk so much on an exchange for such a small % on daily base. unless you want people to short cheap to buy lower and let them get burned eventually.

2 Likes

Gold parity broken.

I’d be surprised if we don’t get a few articles in the mainstream about it over the next few days.

5 Likes

Time to go back down jk

1 Like

I moved a few posts that were off topic even for this wide ranging topic on Trading & Price of SAFEcoin.

You can continue your discussions on the issues around global outages, no electricity, EMPs etc in this topic

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/what-happens-during-global-outages-emp-solar-flareups-and-considerations/12703

5 Likes

“Bitcoin is currently in the limelight because it has apparently exceeded the price of gold for the first time on some exchanges (although at the time of writing, Bloomberg still shows an average price of Bitcoin hasn’t crossed the gold price yet, but it seems just a question of time). We have no doubt that this will lead to a barrage of headlines in online media, and some mainstream outlets will jump on the bandwagon as well.”

2 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussions of Bitcoin, its future and other things

You were correct “jaba cristal ball” :wink: :grin:
I just heard a report about the price exceeding gold on BBC world news.

6 Likes

Ok I have just moved the discussions on the future of BTC over to the thread for it

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/discussions-of-bitcoin-its-future-and-other-things/12609?source_topic_id=9923

These posts were not about MAIDSAFEcoin or the effects BTC have on it, but were centred around the future of BTC and what effect the ETF decision will have.

1 Like

But dont you think the etf decision will be really important for the price of Maidsafe

It is important for BTC, and the discussions did NOT relate it to MAID. The discussions were filling a topic about MAID with all the ins and outs of BTC future.

If you were to show how BTC price change affects MAID then OK, but this was a lot of posts purely about BTC and only BTC in a topic designed for MAID & its trading

2 Likes

Maidsafecoin is still on the back foot, despite test net 12c. Interesting.

Shorters’ gotta do what shorters’ gotta do :bow: