MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Ah ok got it, still a peg. I know some can be bought with dollar and rembini so I couldn’t believe they where connected some way but then probably those volumes are also to small to the weight of btc?

2 Likes

This shows exactly what I mean. Screenshot taken from CoinMarketCap a few minutes ago. Maid in bitcoin up, Maid in $ down.

And yes, those and yuan/renminbi (hope I spelled that right lol) numbers are too small to be taken seriously currently. It's a bitcoin dominated market, with tons of other altcoin trading pairs, but these altcoin trading pairs consequently end up dropping in price too when the bitcoin $ price drops.

6 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, I can see what you mean now. I never watched it this way.

You spelled it correct :wink:

3 Likes

250BTC just pumped into MAIDSAFE

Brought it up to 17200 and BTC is $1000 so MAIDSAFE is worth 17.2 cents at the moment

12 Likes

Yeah, this is a rather rare phenomenon. Bitcoin and Maid rising at the same time, causing an acceleration in the $ price of Maid. Enjoy as long as it lasts, here’s one above to print, frame and hang next to your desk, lol!

8 Likes

Most of the shorts have pretty much closed or been squeezed out/liquidated.

Meh, needs another 500% rise before it even starts to get interesting though really :wink:

Won’t take long though, it’ll zoom up once we get testsafecoin going.

Once we hit $ not cents we’ll all have some decisions to make.

/bringiton

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

MAIDs were being lent for 0.7% on polo a week ago, I still have one going on since Jan 30 :stuck_out_tongue:
Btw, that asshole who have the offer wall at 0.0912% might not be only one guy, but actually aggregated from several people.
The thing that breaks the lending system is the “auto-renew” feature…

3 Likes

Wake me up when it hits $2. Maybe then I might consider selling a little for profits. I want to start using the rest at the network itself. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

if it gets to $2 lets throw a party at Troon.

10 Likes

The only price I care about is the price of Safecoin!

3 Likes

Theres also a lending bot which doesn’t allow a lot of tweaking, so most accounts bid for the same percentage. Most times that percentage has the largest amount of MAID.

yeah, I will write my own bot, that lending bot is crap

We will start in Troon end in Ibiza with a stop over in Vegas!

8 Likes

You must be the one with that lending wall over at polo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Haha. I wish, for sure not me :joy:
But you are correct with the prices out there these days.

1 Like

Whys the price risen?

Well there has been a lot of noise & excitement over the tests that have just run. This always brings a price rise.

But also it seems that some have also pumped the price up using this noise/excitement for leverage. Buy on low end of a rise and sell at its peak. Thus the price is pushed higher than any simple rise due to excitement. We saw 250BTC pumped into MAID over 5 minutes yesterday

I’m long term hodler. Not looking to ride waves.

3 Likes

Me too, except I tried to ride a wave around 14800 to 15200 satoshi, which was more like an extreme pressure: BTC was rising, MAID was rising, and there was an immense sell wall.

I ended up losing several thousand MAID (bought everything back in at 15200). So much for that.

I’ve been holding for years so I got a little impatient, but after that attempt I now, even more firmly, believe: You sell you lose.

But to be fair, there appears to be a certain whale/bot pattern right now. Maybe a more predictable “sell now!” pattern will emerge in the future. …Followed by a mass buyer increase suddenly [/facetiousness …!?].

If? Lol. I reckon ETH levels easily. Maybe even LTC levels back in its day. People reading this should not fear although MAID is in a market with all the pulls and pushes just take a look at it over time and compare it with other coins. Consistent, slow and secure uptrend.