MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Yes it took a massive lag but seems OK now.

Still, can’t connect :pensive:

Well lots on Polo can connect and they are dumping into BTC.

What’s wrong with Polo suddenly?

Guys, fyi, news of Brexit happening hit hours ago as voting leaning massively in that direction. Safe haven assets up huge including Bitcoin.

MAID beat TheDAO’s price on Polo.

2 Likes

MAID is officially listed on Yuanbao :grinning:

1 Like

Predictable crap coming from trollbox. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like some pre-sale Maidsafecoins have been sold at this top: Omniwallet™ - The Next Generation Wallet

2 MIL if I’m not wrong, at these prices mean ~2 months of funding?

@nicklambert: care to confirm? thanks

Nah, not shorters. Not much lending going on and loan rates for maid are still low. I think a lot just bought expecting more of a pump, then the second yuanbao came online and didn’t provide much demand they jumped ship.

We need a big marketing campaign over there really to get a proper Chinese pump. Maid isn’t the kind of proposition that most speculators will understand at first glance, it requires some investigation and thought to see how valuable the project really is. Chinese demand will come, but it’ll be from news I expect, rather than just happening to appear on a new exchange.

Nice to be on there for when the MVP launches though.

4 Likes

It looks like they’ve been sent to another address (maybe address on an exchange), what shows you they were sold? I think it’s good to be cautious with statements like this.

1 Like

First trades are in (Yuanbao)…

1 min chart

1 Like

Nothing, it’s my fair supposition based on the statements that I am hearing from the team lately.

So it doesn’t look like they were sold, it looks like they’ve been moved and that’s it :slight_smile:

Because it’s a sensitive subject for the community, it’s very important to have facts about this instead of supposition. The only one to have the facts is @nicklambert and I guess he’ll help us out here today.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they sold now at these reasonable prices :wink:

Those coins are still just sitting in the address they were sent to. We do not know yet what is happening.

Another possibility could be for the CEP @nicklambert posted about.

1 Like

I’m seeing large green candles!

1 Like

We certainly will sell some coins and use them for many reasons. We won’t say when they are being sold though as it would be seen as manipulation. If people want to guess or surmise I think it’s fine.

It’s best though we are up front as we have been in the forum. I don’t think we should say exactly when we sell or buy coins though. It would feel like to close to manipulation and will create many many screaming voices amongst traders etc. probably correctly? Imagine we announce we are moving all coins to an exchange, folk would accuse us of some pump type thing or dump type ting, or both together (I have seen that superposition / doubletalk :slight_smile: ) if we don’t sell them or come out with an amazing project announcement or … etc.

It’s probably best we move small amounts over long periods and maybe even let them languish on exchanges to slowly put on network. Our end of year accounts will show what we did, so nothing is not audited and probably that is correct. If we timed things with some announcements or otherwise, I imagine it’s hot water, so a slow steady release to exchanges is not only safer, it’s probably much more defendable for audits etc. I think it should be.

We are already out in the open and published addresses though, some coins will go to exchanges (some exchanges need coins to start trading) and some will be sold.

In terms of the CEP though, an address will be set aside to fund that and will hopefully be part of a more open mechanism. I am not sure though we want to expose exactly what we pay community outreach though, not sure, but open to suggestion. I just feel we may be affecting peoples privacy (not our’s, that’s almost gone) but 3rd party folks who help.

We already have had commits and PR’s where folk refuse (as is their right) to provide any info except an address to pay to. So that could be anyone, but I think we need to be careful to not expose people, but balance the openness that folk expect from us. It’s a continuous job really.

6 Likes

2 Likes

And thats the reason why we dont see a rise, people are scared to get burned i guess.

It look like a lot of manipulation is happening with maidsafe last few days/weeks.
Make it a lot less nice to trade atm.