MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

So far it looks more like Development of Duke Nukem Forever - Wikipedia experiment… :sweat_smile: But I truly hope that they will eventually deliver a great Network.

2 Likes

If, by luck, Safe Network comes at the right time (the time people en masse realize they’ve had it with physical media), it will moon from the get-go.

I for one grow tired of having to back up everything by a day. Although memory sticks and cards keep getting smaller, them getting smaller also means they get lost easily. I have so much data I wanna back up but hate keeping all the physical stuff, I’ll be using the Safe Network as a data storage the moment it gets going.

Imagine that feeling of freedom. It’s all out there and all I have to do is pay once. That’s revolutionary in itself. People are used to paying for something they can hold and put in their pockets. With Safe Network, they will pay once to not have to carry anything in their pockets anymore, and they’ll still own all their data and it will be secure.

That’s huge.

17 Likes

I missed a couple of payments (expired payment card) on a digital ocean drop, terms and conditions state that they can delete your data even backups.
They did.
It was a previous side project that I let slip, am not devistated… but time was put in to it. Would have been nice to have it on the perpetual Web.

9 Likes

See, couple of days ago I talked to a sociologist friend of mine who pointed out something I have not fully realized before.

He said the contemporary ragamuffins (born after 2000) never say ‘on the internet’ or ‘on YouTube’ or ‘on the web’ when talking casually. He said the web is so deeply encoded into their brains and thinking they take it as a regular part of reality. They just ‘saw it’ and they take it everybody knows where.

I imagine something like this could happen with the SN as a storage. People will stop saying ‘I have it on my USB stick’ and stuff like that. They will simply ‘have it’ and they won’t really mention the SN either. If it goes well, everybody will know where. So the specification will turn redundant.

7 Likes

any file i havent opened for a year, i delete. apart from photos - I never look at them but cant bring myself to trash.

No need to back anything up … I’ll be dead soon and forgotten within a couple of generations anyway.

On a cheerier note, i am super looking forward to today’s update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The volume is at a good place atm. Never realized before, but crypto volumes are not what they once used to be. Not sure if that’s the increase in USD per BTC, but it still feels like any project such as this could take off with a little bit of substance, especially if it’s an entire new paradigm (which it is) with visibly working functions. It’d turn into the #1 volume coin possibly. Just my usual optimistic thoughts. Though, I did just stare at the price on OMC while thinking “dang I feel good about this actually,” and minutes later the price jumped. (Though there’s a big green candle hours earlier today that went back down. But the volume!!)

Everyone always thinks, “It has to be the right place at the right time.” But wouldn’t some crazy project like this, for the last 13 years be pushing through the ether and letting time fold in on itself solely in favor of this project getting its right time and place?

“Can only go up from here.”

6 Likes

Haha. Some folks are collectors though.

Even the pics man. My grandma’s was the first generation that photographed A LOT. So she left behind a good volume of photo albums (it’s kinda funny how much care people used to put into photographs). They are heavy and take up a lot of space. I’m not ruthless enough to just dump them. But I know that somewhere along they way someone will say ‘ah, cram it… who cares about all these old dirtbags.’

And they’ll get rid of them.

So I imagine, just in case someone in the distant future should be curious how his ancestors looked, I will, one day, talk to my grandson, telling him ‘you are the responsible one. Now it’s time your granddad grants you a secure access to our family photo shrine, son. Keep adding to it. Let it grow. Safe Network can take it.’

4 Likes

Well said! We are going to have JAMS right off. Music is something most humans love. Being able to store our library with one upload and never thinking about it again will be so welcome. Apple Music recently deleted my uploaded library somehow. 36,000 files and playlists. I have a back up but when I restore it iTunes wipes it out again. 5 hours of support $10 a month and it’s still not working. LOL! SAFENet can’t come soon enough!

Regular folks will not need to know much about SAFENet. Once they are shown there is a new way to store and play music, it will be adopted rapidly. The fact the network is designed to reward usefulness awesome and will certainly contribute to growth!

Everyone is tired of death by a thousand cuts via subscriptions!!!

Code well warrior monks!! Sending light and love your way. You’re coding our freedom that is a requirement for a human digital future.

11 Likes

If today’s update is accurate then it appears that Fleming is still very much in distant future, not around the corner and price could suffer again if it stops trading along with bitcoin.

5 Likes

I think that Node age is last big thing to develop before Fleming and BLS with SMD will be in next 2-4 weeks done. So than another 2 months for Node age before Fleming.

9 Likes

Is this it? The MAID price bottom in bitcoin?

3 Likes

Maybe. It depends what happens after the 100 BTC whale buy gets bought up on Poloniex. That’s what has kept us above 1500 sats. Be nice to get a mini pump now so the whale has to adjust his buy higher. Great sign someone is buying so much.

3 Likes

Finally some more serious 1500+ buy orders now on polo

2 Likes

This is the week poloniex stops MAID margin trading. Friday. Its going to be interesting to see the price movements leading up to Friday and through the day itself.

9 Likes

Any reasoned thoughts @Zoki or anyone on how this could affect price? I have a friend going to put some money into maid (the propogandising works sometimes) and apart from helping them with the security side of it, I really don’t follow price things, the simpler the explanation the better. Cheers

2 Likes

There is currently a huge buy wall on poloniex. One can hypothesize that it is related to margin trading issues.
The buy wall and margin trading announcements have reduced trading volume and essentially tied MAID to BTC at a fixed ratio. There is a lot of uncertainty as to how the price will fluctuate when these two factors have run their course. Will the huge whale be able to manipulate the market? Will loss of margin trading lead to increased or decreased volatility? Will prices moon, or sink into oblivion? Who knows? Not me, wait and see.

EDIT: The buy wall is currently at 45BTC, down from the initial offer of approximately 100BTC.

6 Likes

Some very unnatural, but happy, right angle movements up in BTC price. Really feels like it’s related to Fridays margin trading close.

I think we are going to see further price jumps as what ever background business needs to be settled.

:tada::tada::tada::tada::pray:

its down to 45BTC because it got filled in 55% already

Who knows? After the last few months, it’s hard to know what to read into any of it. It just feels nice to see some interest, tbh!

1 Like

Whatever the source of trades, it just looks like trades in a low liquidity market to me.

2 Likes