What are you trying to achieve? Real question because we don’t see a clear statement of that and already some have assumed you are a trader trying to trade. Note I said some and assumed as evidenced by some replies.
- testsafecoin cannot exist till the network supports it. So nothing and absolutely nothing can be done till then. You simply cannot have testsafecoin apart from the network and don’t expect anything till first beta. And then they are fleeting in that each time the network is reset your testsafecoin will potentially be gone too. That is they are no good for real trading.
- MAID is already on the blockchain so senseless to have testsafecoin as a blockchain coin.
- You still need to post these drives so fiat is involved anyhow. My guess is that people probably want to use fiat or they will send MAID as they would do now. This is not really the time for drive trading since it will be in late betas (release candidates) that we will even have an idea of what size drives will be best.
- You can do this if you want. Get the bot written and find people willing to engage.
- From past experiences with “badges” on the forum I am unsure how well that would work. Maidsafe even wanted to recognise outstanding community members every month and it seems that people did not want to be placing certain members above others. I got the impression we all saw ourselves as equals.
- A futures market might be an idea, except that brings in the dreaded word “securities” and potential problems surrounding that. Even if its just a private thing, calling it that will cause problems down the track because then the whole of MAID coin will be labelled as a security. (in my opinion)
- Not sure what you meant here, but doing things that raise awareness is a good thing, remembering this is long term and things that raise awareness should be long sighted since that what the project is. Appropriate things for the particular project.
- MAID is a token to be exchanged for safecoin, not sure what you are trying to achieve here. Sounds like any other blockchain for the sake of having a blockchain coin to make money off.
- I cannot speak for everyone but I know many here refer friends without the need for any reward.
- We have the CEP. On hold for the moment but I’m sure once Fleming is out of the way then there might be some more projects (APPs)
I am sorry if I sound like a stick in the mud, but you have to remember that most here do not see MAID as a way to make more money by trading etc. But as a way to have safecoin in the future. Be it for buying network resources, buying goods in SAFE economy, trading safecoin when its worth something, or a combination of these things.
Basically its a long term project and people are accumulating for the most part and while some may get sick of holding and sell, they I think are in the minority now.
I would not be surprised if most of the coin is now held by a lot more than the original ICO. Also the amount of coin available for sale is a lot less than 2 years ago, eventually when the last of the big sellers has too little coin for trading they will sell down or hold. At some stage there will be a shortage of MAID and you know what happens then.
The bottom line is that this is a long term project and is unlike ALL blockchain coins because of that
- its a real project with far reaching consequences
- it is not going to be done in 3 months like most blockchain coins were
- it was not created for the trading of coins.
As such it does not follow the same paths as blockchain coins and to apply their reasoning and methods without considering the nature of the project will see failure of that attempt as we’ve seen here a few times already. And is one reason why you get little response to attempts to generate activity on the markets.
Things will change once we are into the betas. So the above discussions/opinions of mine is more for the alpha networks and some things will change when we get into the betas, Each network will see things change one step at a time.