MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I daytrade other coins (almost always including some position on DOGE) and put the profits into lowball MAID orders that have been filling lots recently. Figure I get in at the bottom with free money and its all the better :stuck_out_tongue:

and maid is plummeting in a straight line

very dissapointed with the maid dev pace, less and less people believe they can deliver it seemsā€¦

2 Likes

ya that was a mega dump. Even from what I would call conservative holding back waiting for lowball orders to fillā€¦ I am still like ow that hurt. Not sure why anyone would do that except to get the price lower for rebuying though! You get the worst price selling something all at once compared to breaking it up into smaller sells over time. Not to mention Fleming on the horizon. I would say the evidence indicates a ā€œreverse pumpā€

This is when that whale wants you to think about dev paceā€¦ right while the price is pushed down so you sell your MAID to him cheap haha. If you were not satisfied with dev pace you really shoulda made a move earlier. I think if you decide that now and dump you will regret it quickly if you keep watching the charts

1 Like

Iā€™ve been fairly optimistic but itā€™s starting to become endless. What once was end of 2019 has become end of 2020 and probably now into 2021. Not to mention uncertainty what level of supply will be avaliable ect. From a speculation side the question eventually becomes what am I missing out on in order to hold something that has no end on the horizon.

1 Like

ye, but it seems that the testnets are really close (or?), so who would sell now? maybe a bear trap or someone know more than we do.

Was just looking at that, person hopping ship for perceived better investment opportunities likely. I expect until MAID delivers some production decentralized routing we may see such occurrences. A nice buying opportunity for those that believe in the maid team :+1: . If MAID proves it can deliver decentralized routing + vaults working together at the core of its network architecture they all will certainly come crawling back at some point. For now I see MAID as a risky investment, runways doesnā€™t last forever(although if BTC skyrockets that would help MAID extend that runway some too) and plenty of challenging software to deliver to production atm.

i did not dump now dont worry

1 Like

I still think if you HODLed all the way til now, when the pieces are starting to come together for flemingā€¦ then be like god damn this opportunity cost I am dumping a huge bag with market sellā€¦ you are a horrible investor and really should have someone manage that for you :stuck_out_tongue:

The issue with crypto, more specifically MAID, is that in regular markets you get screwed with on charting and valuation but normally their is a good understanding of a time table of some kind. For all anyone knows, fleming could be 5 years away or not at all so you go through the price speculation portion but also never a real time table of when anything will get done, if ever.

Ehh, plenty of folks bought MAID at the crowd sale for fractions of what it is now. The market simply adjusts. With what many see a looming big bull market in another 3-12 months jumping from MAID now to another more predictable project like ETH/BTC which gets more publicity can be a smart move. I am holding hope MAID gets the breakthroughs in the times they need them to deliver with runway available so I continue holding. I view this project as high risk high reward :smile: , following it is interesting. I personally am still accumulating MAID, but I would be stupid to not pick up some ETH/BTC soon, I sort of expect one more hard shake out but we will see, bottom may already be in for BTC/ETH before takeoff.

What caused the MAID dump? BTC and the rest are going up still for some reason.

They gave some indication when they said they were planning a hackathon for sept and choose the date to make sure everyone was back from spring break and Fleming was done so that things invented there would not have to be reinvented soon. So to me that sounds like some time this spring/summer almost for sure. These guys are artists and never give hard dates but you can look at the art and be like hey that is really coming along and looks like you are just putting on the finishing touches.

I think it is still pretty inflated with traders trading it up but no actual users to feed it to. That is caused partly by just not everyone that has a use case has realized it yetā€¦ but also by itā€™s still kinda expensive to run the smart contract I want to on that chain and other ones (eg ETC) do the exact same thing for much cheaper.

MAID on the other hand is like ground down into oblivion where only the most faithful and understanding of use cases still stand. I think its safer to buy MAID here then ETH if you are going to sell in like 3 months no matter what. This I mean from a buy and HODL standpoint. Might see lower prices first but medium term up I would almost expect. Now if you wana go high risk long MAID today and see what happens. That might be a really good risk but to scary for myself.

I think we are all wondering that. My theory is reverse pump to buy back lower. Some are saying its just the strain of waiting so long for Flemming finially breaking. Really no one knows for sure except the person that did it. We all have the same info of one big huge red bar outa no where which is indeed hard to ascribe a very logical explanation to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

IMO people are selling MAID and buying others for better short term gains. They will probably be back in plenty of time for MAID action in a few months time

4 Likes

I love when my day starts with a cheap MAID :slight_smile: Iā€™m sorry for all those who will not be able to buy back at this price from meā€¦

3 Likes

Sadly, maidsafe will be out of top 100 soonā€¦

1 Like

Whereā€™s Bill Murray again when heā€™s needed?

Ah good ol crypto driven by greed and the herd with almost a total inability to question whatā€™s going on around them.

From top to bottom most have been reduced to delusion in Crypto, a nascent market, thinking marketcap means anything beyond a superficial short term shine for this project.

So what if itā€™s #20 or #2000 the fact so many use marketcap as a justification for investment decisions and as a measure of value when it comes to this project still makes me scratch my head.

Perception you say, perception my rear end! Nothing more than simple manipulation and creating what people THINK is value. Itā€™s a great card trick, one that kills off all bar the wealthiest. I liked Davidā€™s term ā€˜MBAā€™ it seems best fitting here.

Itā€™s really sad to see people particularly inexperienced ones mislead like this and really speaks to the laziness of the space in general.

The true value of this particular project/network is a very VERY complicated subject and unfortunately there isnā€™t a simple way of finding this answer. It certainly ainā€™t gunna be found on Coinmarketcap.

Genuinely feel free to fret over marketcaps or happily prod and poke at a resilient community if youā€™re a trader, but weā€™re a pretty tough mob around here and good luck steering the journey anywhere but straight aheadā€¦Number 101 here we come toot toot :bullettrain_front: :crazy_face: :wink:

8 Likes

I think they are travelling at lightspeed and have been for years now. I guess knowledge is crucial to oneā€™s perception here ayā€¦

2 Likes

Anyone (without rudimentary cantonese) been able to sign up on bitker?

Openmarket.com ranks Maidsafe at 77. Wouldnā€™t take all that much to get into the top 20. Probably 12 months away