MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

On the bright side, it proves yet again that maid is relatively disconnected to the btc price compared to many of the top 100. This has pros and cons. I wouldn’t be surprised to see maid bounce up again when btc dips again.

We were down at 120 rank a year or so ago, then bounced up into top 50 again. As long as there is a good product coming down the pipes, a bounce is expected IMO.

4 Likes

Not so fast there. There’s also almost nothing to sell into at these prices, so whales can’t sell either. This goes both ways. And you’re prediction of never breaking below 2800 satoshi again, that prediction failed in less than 2 days after you made it, in case you didn’t notice. Do you even remember what happened last time we were at these levels? Buy walls of 50-100 BTC appeared and were sold into. There’s no reason that could not happen again. Those walls were not fake by the way. Someone actually dumped that much MAID, and quickly too. As if they had been waiting for that very opportunity to strike.

1 Like

It wasn’t fake, and I can be sure because I know the buyer. In fact, he bought more than 3 million maid over the course of 5 days back then, the most someone dumped in one order was 1.85 million maid. It seemed as if they had been waiting for the opportunity to get out because soon after he placed the 70 BTC buy wall it was dumped into oblivion, by a total of 2 trades.

I think the price is mainly driven by speculation at this point, and there haven’t been any major developments to attract speculators.

You don’t have to worry about those coins re-entering the market any time soon. :wink:

4 Likes

I really do not understand why someone would want the price to go up before the SAFE Network comes out?

If you have to work every month, a low price is an opportunity to buy more…

If you do not have to work each month, more money will hardly make yours life nicer anyway…

2 Likes

Let’s not forget the bros who do not have to work yet but are worried they might have to unless the price goes up.

2 Likes

And not everybody working can afford to buy. Some people can’t make ends meet with their salary. Bit by bit they have to eat away whatever they have in cryptos.

1 Like

Let’s not forget the trading bots creating some form of market where we can interact around the clock.

Maidsafe is definitely on the trader radar, I guess any coins are, but maidsafe was mentioned on an hour long YouTube video on one man’s adventures with bot trading.

1 Like

I never said they were creating more coins… Am I mistaken that initially there was some amount earmarked as the dev cut, that were planned to not enter the market until after final release, but they needed the money now so changed the plan on that? I am talking about these coins that were indeed created by a predefined ruleset. In addition to this there was something of a promise that the dev coins would not enter the market until after release. Its this latter point that changed and messed with what people had calculated the current market value as. I would contend that did somewhat destroy the credibility of the crowdsale, but my goal here is not to debate ethics so much as peg a price given the events that happened regardless of their ethical value. I am just curious if that selling is over and we can look for an equilibrium or if we should still expect the pressure of coins entering the market that had never been on the market before (albeit not “new” coins)

If you see at Safe Network

• MaidSafeCoin: ~10% of max possible number of SafeCoins.
  • Early investors: 5% of max possible number of SafeCoins.
  • Coins created after release: 5/115 for Core developers (If I understand it correctly).
1 Like

hmm ya reading this it seems to imply the dev cut comes out of the farming rate… did they sell some like the first of what they are entitled to of that? I am not really sure on those details TBH… I just know this was talked about a number of years ago. It was right after the bnktothefuture thing where they raised a nice chunk but did not reach the target they had in mind. If they decided not to put any new maid onto the market that is music to my ears… but really just to hear “we have sold 75% of what we intend to” would make me more bullish. Right now with this unknown I am buying but leaving my orders deep (btw thanks whale that sold me cheap MAID last weekend lol)

ok that sounds more cool then what I thought they did. Still my question remains… How many of those “extra” coins have entered the market and can be considered fully effecting the price currently, and how much is yet to come?

There was slightly more than 10% (a few million coins) due to issues with Omni making mistakes.

The coins Maidsafe has came from ICO and from the Banktothefuture share sale.

The dev “cut” is only to occur with the live system. The live system here includes the release candidate beta(s) since it will just be declared the live system once proven.

All those coins have been accounted for by the market and anyone who has done their research. Technically there are no “extra” coins since they have existed since the crowd sale and owned by various people. Maidsafe is one of those “people” who own coins.

I know of some who have tried to claim this and that about the few million coins over the 10%, but in the end, the coins are known about and never hidden and the market has accounted for them since its easy enough to get the count of total coins from Omni web page.

Well all coins are existing and been factored in by the market. So the answer is no coins to come.

If one does a search of all omni addresses with MAID they will see the total coins - ie none are hidden.

Hope this helps you to understand the situation. This has been talked about earlier in this topic if you wanted to read through the 6000 odd posts :laughing:

2 Likes

NOTE: “rate” here is not to be read as “total of”

Yea, its 5% of farming reward rate. The farmers get 100% of farming reward rate and core devs get 5% of farming reward rate. (these two rewards are then 105% of the farming reward rate)

Pay the developer is 10% of the farming reward rate. But not every GET will be a GET for the purposes of dev rewards

This brings to 105-115% of the farming reward rate.

And if Pay the Provider (10% of farming reward rate and not all GETs apply) is included then this brings the total to 105-125% of the farming reward rate will paid out as rewards when GETs occur

3 Likes

That only gives you a very coarse view. You could also say that all the farming rewards have been factored in by those who have done their research. If you look down the microscope though, you see there are actually distinct epochs leading up to when any farming rewards occur. If you plan to HODL until release then you don’t care as much. If you are trading before that at all though, you want to know what are the conditions of these smaller time frames. That is what I am getting at here. In terms of pegging the price based on the supply/demand of today what are the current conditions? Do we have more coins coming onto the market right now to effect the local price or do even small increases in demand=price growth? Of course, as we saw last weekend a random whale can also do a megadump at any time and really spice things up. So this won’t give you the whole story of short time frame supply/demand but is an important factor to note in your overall evaluation.

In the end you can have the opinion that its already priced in or be considering the effects of it still getting priced in… but for goodness sake can someone just answer my basic question: Are they still selling these coins or have they all touched the market at least once?

Are you talking of MAID or safecoin? I was considering only MAID in that

not sure I get your drift? Yes I am talking about MAID and what is trading on poloniex TODAY. In fact that was my point. I want to think in the most immediate sense what is available on the market right now. So without any debate on if the coins are “new” or not, I just want to know are they still hitting the market for the first time right now or has that been completed and now they are distributed to traders?

This really is immaterial.

There are still coins out there that have never "Hit the Market" and are still held by the people who bought them at the ICO. Maidsafe have sold some and still have the rest.

Back in this topic is the addresses that the coins reside in. Be careful since they moved them a while ago and may have moved them again. People do that for security and other reasons.

1 Like

haha well I would love a more in depth analysis on how many coins have visited poloniex since the ICO whatsoever. If we could at least track what the big whales are doing that would be cool. This is the only big whale I really know of that has a forum where I can just ask them though lol