MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

it won’t be 10 years until we have a truly decentralized network… that’s like next major release on the horizon. Price will almost for sure react to this. How much depends on how well we get that news to spread outside our small community of hardcore HOLDers. I think the real big move will come when they start to test out the economics of safecoin (prolly in beta) then people will be able to better gauge how much you get for 1 safecoin. Of course the highest price will come when we get to final release, but I see a few major fundamental points to pump on before then. And then there is just the fact sometimes whales moonlaunch coins that have been ground down to a low enough market cap for a good ol PnD. This could happen randomly any time.

1 Like

Such a big pesimistic view…

The MAID cycle length is just resonating at a different frequency to those who moonshot in 2017. It doesn’t make it a bad investment; it just means that now is a bad time to sell.

If you want quick returns, I would invest elsewhere in something with a much more limited scope.

3 Likes

In 2035 the lambo will drive you, so you are cool :smiley: :smiley:

33 Likes

Pi day, price MAID around 0.0000314 BTC. Nice!

5 Likes

Anxiously awaiting Tau day then.

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what is a good size holding in Maid, without going over the top.

My strategy is to sell all my coins when they are worth 150€ per coin and then live a good life without being a slave of the system if you know what I mean… Because then I am able to live an independent life where I can deal with food crops and things like that. But I think I have to be patient…:disappointed:

4 Likes

I have been in and out many times in last little while. Not taking BTC out though… Just growing that MAID bag even bigger for when it really booms. At the current moment I am still mostly in HODL mode though, seeing how far this current momentum goes before the buy side is looking overextended. Rly at this point I am only selling when it looks like a good chance of rebuying cheaper within 24 hrs.

1 Like

At these prices, if you believe, having anything less that 50,000 MAID seems like a bad decision.

2 Likes

Given the low volume we’re seeing on exchanges, I’m not sure how we can gauge momentum one way or another? I’ve only bought more MAID since the ICO. I’ve considered selling of my coins to daytrade, but the whole crypto market just seems to be very unpredictable to me at this time.

I would say momenturm is more obvious in lower volume situations. All it takes is one major player to feel bullish and things get moving. When there’s more traders it becomes more like a bluechip in that all the people pulling in different directions tend to average out much faster.

Like it would not surprise me if all the gains in last couple days are just one guy accumulating. There are pros and cons to either situation but right now while a few whales have control at least we should see more volatility to find profit margins inside.

Is 150€ realistic in you view? Hoping for something closer to $50.

Thanks for the tip. I should make it by the time Flemming arrives, even though I don’t expect any lift in price then. Once beta arrives we could see some action

I think everyone keeps forgetting the power of parabolic movement. We have seen it time and time again and with the possibility of people holding on to coins that they have held for years, along with farmers and developers taking new interest as well as people just purchasing anything is possible and $150 might be low (depending on the span of time). Consider all those variables and then consider a small possibility that this becomes the platform for secure everything from data security to payment processing ect. Perhaps it never achieves true parabolic growth but the the upside IF people realize the potential is crazy.

Certainly just an opinion but why not give yourself a chance for affordable security and financial freedom all at the same time is my thought.

at these prices parabolic movement just means we have spread the word of the milestones reached with fleming release outside our inner circle here. There’s tons of people that were buying like 3 years ago but lost interest. Time to bring them back into the fold and I am sure we would see some fun in the markets. On top of this there’s still people out there that have never been exposed to maidsafe in the crypto community. Right now the market is small and every new person that we bring in counts big so I would expect great returns dependent on how well we do getting the word out. Its not like we need to become the CNN of crypto. Just think of how prices would move if 100 new people invested 1 BTC

1 Like

I’d say reading back a few posts in this and the other topic on speculation and you may have your answer. There are others out there reading these topics too and fomo can kick in anytime people start talking up the coin even a little

2 Likes

With my limited experience, I think we hit the bottom in February.
I think any FOMO at the moment is justified.

Bitcoin market volumes look good, looks like the volume recovery is going hand in
hand with a price rise.

The Maidsafe market has had a damn good go at pushing the coin below $0.10, but that
balloon isn’t staying under water.

With the increased intrest in buyers in the bitcoin market, and the trend in the Maidsafe market,
am afraid very soon you won’t see sub $0.15 prices for a while if at all.

We might see some temporary market moves down, but it looks like we are on the up.

How fast can you get yours?

edit: Hopefully I’ve not let the cat out of the bag too soon for anyone rushing to get in one last large accumulation order.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thankfully I’ve taken full advantage of this accumulation period. Money is definitely going in to crypto now though… this is as good a time as any if you’ve got cash waiting. They won’t ring the bell.

2 Likes