MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I just read this story by Arthur C. Clark called “Superiority” (link below). They used to make incoming engineering students read it at several universities, but probably no longer. It’s a fun read, and has been brought up by people in regards to programs like the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program.

http://www.mayofamily.com/RLM/txt_Clarke_Superiority.html

1 Like

I don’t know so many details about the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. But I heard recently (Belgium is also going to buy some to replace the old F16’s) that one of the problems of the long development is that it uses a lot of (C++) code. E.g. necessary to virtually ‘see’ through the floor of the airplane with a HUD. And this code still has a lot of bugs. If they could use Rust instead of C++, things would go a bit quicker in the long run…
That is of course only 1 factor. Something more complicated will fail quicker, certainly in situations like war (more difficult to maintain things).

2 Likes

I don’t see any scepticism here just some guesses on when beta will happen. We all know it will happen but pinning it down to any given six month period is difficult because there is no project breakdown for public viewing

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to check the richest Maidsafe wallets? Thanks!

5 Likes

Looks like someone is setting alot of 20 k sell orders on Polo - i guess by marginal trading on Polo to keep the prices low. Lets hope he get burned.

2 Likes

they have been doing that for a few days now. Hence the 10% drop over this week. I agree it doesn’t look like legit selling, and if that person is really trying to unload they are doing it in a silly way, pushing price down but not getting much actual selling done.

A whale that does like 10-20 BTC daytrades on hunches could just overpower him and buy all those shorts up and push price up a nice bit in that process… then when the shorter realizes there is little chance of closing those out in profit and just hurries up to dump them we could see a spectacular mini-moon launch I think.

Other option is we just say ok thanks for the cheap MAID and shadow him. If he is grinding the price down to accumulate then accumulate to. Eventually he is gonna switch gears and push it up to sell and you can sell then to. Not as much glory and combat in this one but prolly decent profits still :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

zen all you guys…bitcoin still underpins one of the best decentralised math based safety nets for money. Safenetwork can (more fundamentally) do a an even better distributed version for data…so…one thing at a time…maybe -

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed the 20k dude selling, and me buying it; but I don’t get why people sell or short MAID right now: its a bit of a pain in the donkey. There’s hardly any liquidity at this point. Just buy and hold. Less hassle for longer term gain…

5 Likes

I’m just thankful to whoever. I never believed I’d have as many Maid as I have, and so cheaply too. Even if it doesn’t go anywhere I wouldn’t have lost near as much as a good second hand car

2 Likes

I say we have a working network before 1st January 2035…anyone wants to dispute that

2 Likes

I say MaidSafe will be long gone if there is no working network 10 years even prior to that :laughing: . Lets see how far they get this year eh :slight_smile: .

1 Like

might be a close call

2 Likes

2006: “Everyone’s always asking me when Apple will come out with a cell phone. My answer is, ‘Probably never.’” — David Pogue, The New York Times.

We’re all experts, just sayin…

9 Likes

Not 2035 , Maybe 3035 I guess :laughing:

2 Likes

That gives us 16 years. You are probably right. Somewhere within that timeframe. But my guess us sooner rather than later. In 2035 I will be too old to drive a Lambo

1 Like

Unlike other crypto communities, we all love cheap coins (before launch), anyone trying traditional dump n pump practices will probably find out they have to buy back their coins at higher prices.

I’m imagining huge whales going from market to market, then stumbling on the blockchain token Maidsafe and treating it as a blockchain project then having a little suprise.

Fill your boots up with these cheap coins.

4 Likes

MAID need another 10 years~ it costs too much time. MAID is one of the worst investment in crypto since 2016.

Totally false.

The highest price Maidsafe Coin was in 2016 was 12 cents maybe and that’s even pushing it. It was down to 2 cents in 2016 on some exchanges. Jan 2, 2018 the price of Maidsafe Coin was over $1.

How is that a bad investment?

It was only bad investment if you were like me and bought in at 4 cents, but refused to sell when it was peaking in January before the crypto crash.

7 Likes

the profit is in terms of BTC

1 Like