MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Well yeah I guess everyone realizes they’re all fake prices connected to un-backed Tether, so why bother thinking of them as anything different than BTC since they all have exactly the same vulnerability price-wise

1 Like

Substratum is on 159 on coin market cap chart.

The former is slowly decomposing underground, the latter is disappearing into thin air.

Hence their names.

13 Likes

Recent maidsafe price action.

Recent bitcoin price action…

Maidsafe is holding up very well, eh?

edit: LOL @ bitcoin

5 Likes

All these chats and replies are sounding really nice. But the factor is time, I dont think the complete network is coming very soon, well not before 2020 anyway. As time is of the essence, a lot can change in between. Somehow the whole crypto market including maidsafe can vanish or become very small to consider. Remember, whatever we say about btc, maid is still linked to it. If btc goes down, eventually it would follow.
P.S: I started almost 1.5 years ago, before the boom. Still my portfolio is down by a big margin, reason is, I invested half of my investment in Maidsafe. Yes, its a long term project, but small players like me needs to take out a little here and there for emergencies. Bear market is giving a hard time in that. Still hoping for the best.

4 Likes

Good luck sanju. I wish I could tell you that the network will come soon. I’ve held for a couple more years, and it is a long slog indeed. But as Substratum and Skycoin demonstrate, there are no full competitors to what Safe is doing. Sure others may make flashy promises and raise lots of money, but when the rubber hits the road, there are lots of … complexities that take time and experience to work out. Yes maid is coupled to BTC, and will probably be until for some time yet. Crypto is too stressful if you need the money you have in it, but in my humble opinion I think it would be crazy to make it this far in SAFE and bail now right as there is finally tangible momentum to that elusive goal.

11 Likes

Sometime mid 2020 will be a great time. The world will be looking for a breath of fresh air by then, given the financial hole it will be in. Naturally, funding will be an issue

1 Like

As much as this bear market is painful, this might be the very thing MAID needs to not have to fight so hard when a bull market returns. With any luck, in the next 3-6 months A3 will be ready and as it begins to make final strides to beta, price will rise with less clutter of 500 projects that were never going to work.

6 Likes

I really believe in this project. I would not bail out till the network comes. No matter what.

4 Likes

The only green in a sea of red, is it because I keep buying more? Lol!

3 Likes

Are You a whale? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I know the feeling. I’ve been in MAID since the ICO & have build my position since, but recently due to my own circumstances I’ve had to sell some MAID for NEXO / ETH so I can borrow against it on NEXO.

I still have a fair bit of MAID, and hope I can switch back from NEXO & ETH as soon as possible, as I have no doubt MAID has massive long term potential if successful (which I expect it will be!).

I’m very pleased with MaidSafe’s progress, and hope it continues at its great pace, but not too fast or I won’t be able to buy back in before the launch to the moon :smiley:

4 Likes

I think the singel biggest factor keeping interest and MAID down is the inability for ordinary passers-by to just download the browser and take a quick peek at what it’s about. The required activity on this forum may not seem like much, but I believe it’s a huge deterrent for people just browsing the net for some interesting project to invest in. We all know it’s for spam/overload protection, but it’s equally effective against genuine interest. Is there an estimate on when this restriction will be removed. Would that be Alpha 4?

6 Likes

I feel kinda dirty writing this. As much as I’m in the current price means bugger all crowd, the ordinary passer bye you refer to won’t have this project cross their radar until a significant price move (sigh).

You’ll find there’s many in the wider crypto community who’ve been around since the Crowdsale who moved onto other opportunities awaiting news that this network is in their mind a feasible proposition.

For many this will be once the farming algorithm gets hammered out and Test Safecoin is in play.

I’m leaning towards that when that influx comes back, combined with the real crypto whales (the early eth and bitcoin hodlers who do know of this project) moving in once it’s apparent what’s on the horizon with SAFE, the snowball will start.

That momentum as we reach/pass through beta, plus I would hesitantly add some bigger exchange listings will see a wider audience prick their ears and start looking closer at the project eg: downloading the software.

Cash not common sense rules crypto for now unfortunately.

I remember reading somewhere Alpha 3 is intended to be for all and sundry to download but would be happily corrected there.

7 Likes

Getting firmly up the crypto ranks will also help, imo. Maidsafecoin only needs to stay the same USD value, if everything else is falling! :grinning:

3 Likes

I have seen this before. RIP btc and all that talk. Did not happen. It cannot happen. And then all of a sudden its usd20k. So hang in there. I may be wrong but i hope i am right. But for now in the crypto world everything centers around btc.

I just hope and pray A3 happens soon. And then A4 & Beta. Since A3 should be the backbone of the network the team i hope will be more confident to do more marketing to attract adoption. I aint no expert but i feel we are in good hands.

I told a friend that i put my kids education savings into this. Thats how confident i am. Cam it go tits up. Yeah it might. If it does i will work harder to save up again. But when it launches and i had not bought i’d be jumping off a bridge.

6 Likes

But it is possible, you only need to register in the forum to upload. Everyone can browse…

I personally advertise this in the first place on the Bulgarian site. Download the browser, see. If you like, register yourself in the forum and test for yourself.

Well, that wouldn’t really be enough for me personally. There are som many projects out there. What’s fascinating is seeing the Safe Network actually do something nobody else does.

who else has decentralized web hosting and url safe://… neither sia or storj :wink: even just that’s giant…

2 Likes

I’m just talking about perception and general feeling. I’m not able to read the code, but it feels good to me to easily be able to put up a small HTML-page and see it work. That’s all.

Another thing I’ve been thinking about is the actual mathematical proof that PARSEC works. I’m not a mathematician either, but it would give me a warm and fuzzy feeling just knowing that such a proof exists.

3 Likes